Thread: Kingdoms.exe Not Found: Want to rip out my hair!!!!!!

Icon5 Kingdoms.exe Not Found: Want to rip out my hair!!!!!!

So i have installed third age total war patches 3.0 parts 1 and 2, 3.1, and 3.2 on steam with incredible difficulty. Now I'm so close to playing the game and then i have the godforsaken kingdom.exe not found error and want to bash my computer. I have read multiple threads on tis error but none have helped. Please I could use some assistance.

Default Re: Kingdoms.exe Not Found: Want to rip out my hair!!!!!!

Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

This is a wrong installation issue, in my signature bellow, click on EK's Install Thread, and there you will find info on how to properly install TATW, check out STEAM Installation of TATW instructions. ( FIRST, remove currently failed TATW installation! )

ALSO! If you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8 installed on your PC/ Laptop, from that installation thread apply first step for users with these operating systems ( that means, you need to edit the security for your main M2TW folder.. ) and, you need to do this BEFORE installing TATW.

And, verify steam game cache:
    (right click
    M2TW in library > properties >
    local files >verify integrity of game
    cache).

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Where do I download the new Third age total war

You deleted the Installers which you downloaded for the first time.. ?

Well, in my signature bellow, click on TATW, and you will be taken to the first post of Third Age TW ( TATW), in which there is section called Download links or similar.. haven't been there for some time, but the links are there.

EDIT: Also, do not download TATW Installers into your main M2TW Folder, put them anywhere else but there. Make a new folder called THIRD AGE Installers.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 12, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Where should I place the game itself though. I have steam so do I have to put it in the mods file there?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

install it to desktop then copy and paste the contents too Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval II Total War/mods

Quote Originally Posted by ulsterwarrior13 View Post
    Where should I place the game itself though. I have steam so do I have to put it in the mods file there?
    As knight of meh said, install it outside of M2TW in some NEW folder, do it like this ( link to Thread with pictures for more info ) :

1. Edit the security for your M2TW folder ( steam/steamapps/../medieval II total war, if you did it, then procced )

2. Remove your current failed TATW installation( it depends on how you installed it for the first time)

3. Make a new folder on your Desktop, name it GAME or something..

4. Double mouse click on TATW Installer/s to run them, browse the destination paths to this GAME folder which you just made, and install ALL FOUR TATW Installers into this GAME folder.

5. After installing ALL FOUR TATW Installers, open this GAME folder, and inside you will find two folders, data and mods..

6. Data folder HAS to be copy/pasted into steam/steamapps/../medieval II total war folder ( overwrite everything when asked ).

7. Open mods folder, inside you will find Third_Age_3 folder, copy/paste Third_Age_3 folder into steam/steamapps/../medieval II total war/ mods folder.

8. After it is done, rename one of your original Kingdoms campaigns ( for example, crusades to crusades_original ), and, rename Third_Age_3 folder to crusades.

9. Open your Steam launcher, find crusades and run it. Hopefully, you will start playing TATW.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info but it still didn't work

The game doesn't start at all? Have you tried to verify your m2tw cache from steam library? And, you have edited the security for your main m2tw folder before installing TATW?

It works now although when i go into a battle, i can't see the minimap, unit cards, actions,a nything like that. Do you know why?

Go to your main steam/steamapps/../medieval II total war folder, and open medieval2.preference. CFG file ( or, right mouse click on it and EDIT ) and, search for these lines:

show_tooltips = 1
    full_battle_HUD = 1

if these are set to = 0 , change this 0 to 1 .

After you make these changes, save them and exit.

And, after that, right mouse click on medieval2.preference. CFG file, go to Properties, and,set Attributes to Read-Only. Apply and OK.