Thread: 'unspecified error' prevailing despite following all advice

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

Default 'unspecified error' prevailing despite following all advice

Ok, so, when I try and load up a battle it comes up with the 'unspecified error' message- I'm sure you've seen enough posts about them on these forums. However, I have followed literally all advice I could find and none of it has worked. I have:
    deleted maps.rwm,
    deleted the geography files,
    deleted the strings.bin files,
    disabled UAC,
    disabled time zone settings,
    the virtual store was not an issue for me- it did not appear for medieval 2

And it STILL comes up with the 'unspecified error message'! Here are some extra details about it if you want to know:
    windows 8,
    installed all patches & running 3.2,
    on campaign as the silvan elves,
    attacking a force of orcs in Mirkwood,
    installed with the gold edition in the UK

any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Default Re: 'unspecified error' prevailing despite following all advice

Do all battles crash, or just this one? And, it happens at the loading of battle, not when you press Start battle or during the actual battle? No reinforcements involved?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

It seems to be all battles, when 'start battle' is pressed and there are no reinforcements at all. It's quite a small battle- about 300 units per side, if that helps.

Hmm.. you have deleted both descr_geography_new files? And disabled daylight saving settings?

And, you have edited security for your main M2TW folder BEFORE installing TATW? Disabling UAC in Windows 8 doesn't have an effect as in Win 7 and Vista.. you need to edit the security.

Have you checked my installation thread for more info? In my signature bellow, click on EK's Install Thread and you are there, be sure to do the first three steps for Windows 8 users.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 13, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

Yep, done all of that... I may go for a total reinstall and a new campaign now. Hopefully that'll solve it!