Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is TTW forum gone??

Default Re: Where is TTW forum gone??

i got firefox, but when i click on troy total war gold, it says the connection has timed out

Quote Originally Posted by goalieman4720
    i got firefox, but when i click on troy total war gold, it says the connection has timed out
    I'm really not sure what is causing this as the link is working. Do you have aol?

no. i have road runner or something like that

no. i have road runner or something like that
    ???

Try Internet Explorer :hmmm:

o that. i do have internet explorer.

o that. i do have internet explorer.
    So what exactly happens when you go to this link?

http://www.medievaltw.com/mods/troy_gold_download.html

ok when i use firefox, it waits a minute and says that the conncection timed out and it says the server took too long to respond, and then it says the site mihgt be too busy and try again, which i did and it doesnt work, that internet might not be working, fixed it and the site still doesnt work, and that it might be firewalled or proxy, firewall already undid and still doesnt work. for internet explorer, click the link, and five minutes later it comes up as a blank screen, nothing on it, and it says it is done recieving the site. so i wait 10 minutes to see if anything comes up and nothing does.

ok when i use firefox, it waits a minute and says that the conncection timed out and it says the server took too long to respond, and then it says the site mihgt be too busy and try again, which i did and it doesnt work, that internet might not be working, fixed it and the site still doesnt work, and that it might be firewalled or proxy, firewall already undid and still doesnt work. for internet explorer, click the link, and five minutes later it comes up as a blank screen, nothing on it, and it says it is done recieving the site. so i wait 10 minutes to see if anything comes up and nothing does.
    What is your connection speed and are you on a network? I will ask our internet guy King Edward I.

im on thomson. a few weeks ago my internet was on a different connection, and that was screwed up, so guys from dell came and fixed it. could the network be it? my connection speed is 11.0 mbps

im on thomson. a few weeks ago my internet was on a different connection, and that was screwed up, so guys from dell came and fixed it. could the network be it? my connection speed is 11.0 mbps
    I really don't know what the problem is. I have asked King Edward I to have a look at this topic, he knows much more about it, and hopefully he will post his suggestions. I am going to take a break now, i will be back on later to answer questions etc.

ok then. im up to anything that can help

so any help?

Civis

I've tried the webpage and forum for about 2 hours now with firefox, internet explorer, and netscape, I have high speed cable and have tried it on another computer too. Is the server really busy?

Every single time i press the download link it works.

maybe it just is very busy. idk. im really angry though cause ive been looking foward to it.

man this sucks

imthefrgt10's Avatar Senator

actually ive got a 100mbps connection and on ie it says page cannot be displayed and i downloaded firefox just to see if it would work and it says timed out, now it would work on zhuges because he may have something saved on his computer allowing it to be opened, but this is so gay, ive been playing this mod since its infancy and cant play it when its done

<HonorGlory> You weren't here when the deal between me and Octavian took place.
    <Aristocrat> deal?
    <Aristocrat> Ill leave that alone actually
    <Evariste> No I wasn't. Corrupt bargain eh? Maybe it's better to leave the past in the past.

same here. wat is going on? i blame the government (hehehe. just kidding)

Even when i clear my history and delete all of my temporary internet files and run ccleaner removing all traces of anything from the internet on my computer.... i can still download every single time. Sorry, but this is not out problem.

imthefrgt10's Avatar Senator

ok well is there anyway to have a different website host the file or gie us the direct link?

<HonorGlory> You weren't here when the deal between me and Octavian took place.
    <Aristocrat> deal?
    <Aristocrat> Ill leave that alone actually
    <Evariste> No I wasn't. Corrupt bargain eh? Maybe it's better to leave the past in the past.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast