Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is TTW forum gone??

king-nord's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Where is TTW forum gone??

same as above but say if i uninstal rome cause data is corupt an i wahnt to install TTW again how can i do it when the forums are down an where the downlaod link is?u may delete this after :tooth:

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Where is TTW forum gone??

look in Zuige Langs sig.
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

Spartan1015 Rocks
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

Gaius Marius Julius Caesar

well thank you.....also about 2 more weeks till finish if all goes well
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

i checked zhuge liang's sig and all it has are broken links.

anywhere else i can download this mod ? ... looks good. ^^

tried searching etc, but everything i found seems to point to the ttw forums.

what are you talking about? The link in his sig works, http://forums.troytw.com/index.php?

You need to register at the forums, the information on how to download is there.

There are three links in my sig. They have been there unchanged for a couple of months. The first takes you to the forums, the second to the separate website and the third takes you right to the topic about the beta.

The Forum is here - it has been taking over by The Spartan1015 - A True Spartiate

Spartiates were the elite warrior class of the rigidly hierarchical Spartan society. From a young age, male Spartiates were trained for battle and put through grueling challenges intended to craft them into fearless warriors. In battle, they had the reputation of being the best soldiers in Greece, and the strength of Sparta's hoplite forces led to Sparta becoming the dominant state in Greece at several points during the Hellenic period.

Spartan society in the classical period was rigidly divided into several castes, each with assigned duties and privileges. The smallest of these, with the most power and freedom, was the Spartiate elite. Spartiates were exempt from manual labor, and controlled the government of the state. Spartiate men were expected to prepare constantly for military conflict. Below the spartiates were the perioikoi, literally "dwellers around," inhabitants of outlying towns who carried out most of the trade and commerce of the city, since Spartiates were forbidden to engage in commercial activity. Further down the ladder were the helots, enslaved populations tied to the land and owned by the Spartiate families that owned their homes. In the late 4th century and later, a new class, the neodamodeis, arose. It seems to have been composed of liberated helots and former Spartiates who had lost rank.

According to classical accounts, the Spartan constitution was the product of a great lawgiver called Lycurgus. He was said to have written the Spartan constitution late in the Archaic Period, most likely in the 770s BC. It is impossible to determine whether Lycurgus was an actual historical figure. It is clear, however, that at some point in the late Archaic period the model of Spartan society was changed from a monarchical system to an oligarchy with an elite warrior class. This change is likely to have been in some way related to the change from Dark age warfare, in which nobles were the dominant force, to the hoplite warfare of the classical period. Around the time of this change in system, Sparta embarked on the conquest of the neigboring state Messenia. This acquisition of a large piece of territory and a large conquered population seems to have both provided the basis for the system of helotage and required the existence of a large military force to keep the potentially rebellious Messenians under control. The Spartiates thus became a permanently armed master class, living off the labor of the helots and preventing rebellion through constant vigilance.
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

Gaius Marius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus Latronis of Troy
    The Forum is here - it has been taking over by The Spartan1015 - A True Spartiate

Spartiates were the elite warrior class of the rigidly hierarchical Spartan society. From a young age, male Spartiates were trained for battle and put through grueling challenges intended to craft them into fearless warriors. In battle, they had the reputation of being the best soldiers in Greece, and the strength of Sparta's hoplite forces led to Sparta becoming the dominant state in Greece at several points during the Hellenic period.

Spartan society in the classical period was rigidly divided into several castes, each with assigned duties and privileges. The smallest of these, with the most power and freedom, was the Spartiate elite. Spartiates were exempt from manual labor, and controlled the government of the state. Spartiate men were expected to prepare constantly for military conflict. Below the spartiates were the perioikoi, literally "dwellers around," inhabitants of outlying towns who carried out most of the trade and commerce of the city, since Spartiates were forbidden to engage in commercial activity. Further down the ladder were the helots, enslaved populations tied to the land and owned by the Spartiate families that owned their homes. In the late 4th century and later, a new class, the neodamodeis, arose. It seems to have been composed of liberated helots and former Spartiates who had lost rank.

According to classical accounts, the Spartan constitution was the product of a great lawgiver called Lycurgus. He was said to have written the Spartan constitution late in the Archaic Period, most likely in the 770s BC. It is impossible to determine whether Lycurgus was an actual historical figure. It is clear, however, that at some point in the late Archaic period the model of Spartan society was changed from a monarchical system to an oligarchy with an elite warrior class. This change is likely to have been in some way related to the change from Dark age warfare, in which nobles were the dominant force, to the hoplite warfare of the classical period. Around the time of this change in system, Sparta embarked on the conquest of the neigboring state Messenia. This acquisition of a large piece of territory and a large conquered population seems to have both provided the basis for the system of helotage and required the existence of a large military force to keep the potentially rebellious Messenians under control. The Spartiates thus became a permanently armed master class, living off the labor of the helots and preventing rebellion through constant vigilance.
    He means the offical troy forums.

kinda over reacting dont you think? im putting link in my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1015
    what are you talking about? The link in his sig works, http://forums.troytw.com/index.php?
    sheesh, that's strange. i swear they were all broken links when i checked them a few days ago.

anyway thanks for the reply, and sorry for the confusion. ^^

np

king-nord's Avatar Ordinarius

yh same they didnt work do now anywho im gonna reinstall ttw when its completed its still a cool mod i only played once online though

so you gonna play me online or what........

yea ive probably asked this earlier, but NONE of the links on the sigs are working. my internet is up and running, everything but the sigs work. can anyone who has anything like this happen to him help? i have been dying to play this mod, and i dont want to be robbed of the chance just cause some stupid sig link doesnt work. please help.

Quote Originally Posted by goalieman4720
    yea ive probably asked this earlier, but NONE of the links on the sigs are working. my internet is up and running, everything but the sigs work. can anyone who has anything like this happen to him help? i have been dying to play this mod, and i dont want to be robbed of the chance just cause some stupid sig link doesnt work. please help.
    All of those links work for me.

sorry for every repetitve post, but im just very annoyed. the links worked last time i try them, but now, when i need them to work, they dont. so ill just stope.

sorry for every repetitve post, but im just very annoyed. the links worked last time i try them, but now, when i need them to work, they dont. so ill just stope.
    Its probably your browser, try firefox.

wat is firefox? and where can i get it?

wat is firefox? and where can i get it?
    just google it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast