Thread: Danish invasion historical accuracy

Default Danish invasion historical accuracy

Hey i was wondering if there is any historical accuracy on the danish invasion in this mod. I really like the medieval ages history and i ve been unable to find any information about that specific invasion.
    I would really appreciate some information on the subject if possible

Default Re: Danish invasion historical accuracy

I'm pretty sure that it's not historically accurate no. It was just added in for an extra faction and to make life more interesting for England with another enemy behind them.

There was a thing called 'Danelaw' a few centuries earlier though which was when quite a large chunk of England was ruled by the Danes. It is pretty interesting if you wanted to look it up.

Thanks. It is not like it would bother me not being historically accurate i was just curious. However as an enemy of the english they have not done much since they are still at their starting land around 30 turns later. And the english despite throwing several large armies at me (Barons) dont seem to be trying to kick them out of there either when they seem to have more than enough power to do so

I agree that they probably should be a bit more aggressive, I've only ever seen them take another city once when they were being controlled by the AI.

Not sure on the dates of history v the dates in the game but having the Danes in maybe not so inaccurate from a historical viewpoint. After the battle of Stamford Bridge where the Anglo-Saxons ended 'Viking' (Norse/Danish) involvement in England The Norse/Danes still continued to raid the coast when the Normans took over.

Sweyn II of Denmark attacked England shortly after William's conquest of England, two times that is, both time the Danes were kicked out. . . Without a fight. Norwegians would continue to be in conflict with England, most around the Western parts of Britannia. One example is when Magnus III of Norway interrupted the Norman invasion of Wales. But through out history Norway saw England more as an ally than an enemy, the last raid against England was in 1150 I believe, under Eystein II of Norway.

If you're into yer historical accuracy try the files at the end of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post13183599 enjoy (you wont find any random Danes here though)
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

Denmark kicks ass, kind off.. never