Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knights of Honor

Default Knights of Honor

I am making this thread to let everyone know about this older yet underrated game and hopefully see a Game of Thrones mod for it in the future.

Its a simple strategy game with tons replay value as you can play as pretty much any kingdom of the medieval period.

Default Re: Knights of Honor

This game was (is) very entertaining. My only wish would be that it was a bit 'larger'. But an old gem for sure!

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

My only issue with this game was that the general getting killed auto-routes your army >

One of the best games I've ever played. I wish they would make a sequel.
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

I remember when I bought it. I hate to say, but I love those old school graphics and text game play for the most part. The sounds were very subtitling as well. A shame it never got the fame that it truly deserved.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

It's a great game indeed. Its main weakness was that it was rather too easy (even with the 2nd patch). And, of course, it was unfortunately released around the same time as the original RTW, whose battles were quite more impressive. But otherwise, it's a very entertaining game and still has great potential. Too bad the developers, holding the rights to the game, got swallowed by Crytek and are unlikely to make a sequel...

Classic, even though the battle parts were not that good.

agree it.One of the best games I've ever played. I wish they would make a sequel.

Indefinitely Banned

i still have it installed in my pc

playing from time to time when i get bored

It's a great game. A big part of the fun is just watching what the AI is doing. Often enough you end up with things like Danmark migrating to Spain and a country in Greece named Palestine. Lolz.

L00n's Avatar Libertus

ahhh good old times, racing with the armies from point A to point B ... great game.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Indeed, KoH was a great game, and yes, totally underrated.
    With a campaign AI better than RTW's and TW follow-up's and iirc. even the campaign atmosphere was better than RTW's, only the battle mode was too rudimentary and in no way could match with TW titles.
    I used KoH mods and modded it myself, but then went into the depth of RTW modding.

EDIT
    Btw., there must be already a KoH thread, from many years ago.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 10, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Indeed, KoH was a great game, and yes, totally underrated.
    With a campaign AI better than RTW's and TW follow-up's and iirc. even the campaign atmosphere was better than RTW's, only the battle mode was too rudimentary and in no way could match with TW titles.
    I used KoH mods and modded it myself, but then went into the depth of RTW modding.

Edit: Damn, double-post, delete.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Yep a great game, had a lot of fun with it. Campaing part, especialy diplomacy is far beyond Total War.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

This game was the bomb when I first bought it. One of my best sessions of this game was playing as Kiev and reuniting Kievan Rus...

Vlad Dracul's Avatar Tiro

I started to play this game in autumn 2010, many years after its release.
    Didn't had too much information about it, apparently almost nobody ever heard of it (the only exception, a romanian gaming magazine called Level), but I did discover while playing that is surprisingly good and so much fun.

Easy to learn and not too hard to master (although it's not a quite simple game), intuitive, balanced, sometimes challenging, in rare occasions frustrating. Very atmospheric music, too.
    Some hilarious speeches also.

Diplomacy could of been a little more elaborate (but it's far better than M2TW), the presence of some minor bugs, multiplayer limited only to battles - those are the things that should of been better.

Best part is the strategical component of the game, worst part the tactical component (the battles).

But, all in one, I'd recommend KoH to anyone who likes a good medieval strategy, it's a game that definitely worth the time spent while playing, I still enjoy it every now and then.

Too bad the bulgarians from Black Sea Studio didn't release a Knights of Honor II...

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Dracul View Post
    Best part is the strategical component of the game
    Especially the espionage - it was really, really fun, as it offered so many random possibilities, even though rarely! F.e., send in your spy in the enemy's court, he gets hired as a cleric and grows to be a pretty good one, eventually becoming the next pope. And then you get to excommunicate countries you don't like and order crusades against your enemies, all this while you're actually playing a Muslim country. Or even better, an example the devs gave way back, before even the release of the game, which happened to them - send your spy, he becomes a strong marshal, enemy king dies without heirs, your marshal-spy becomes the king, you order him to allow for his whole new country to be annexed by you, but he decides "You know what? I don't wanna! I'm the king now and this means war!" (it would've been particularly cool if that spy was actually your prince, though I guess in that case he would've almost certainly followed your command). Ah, good times...

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

I really liked this game, although there were major flaws (combat, why only 8 people in your court?, too small differences between nations/cultures, not many units...)

Some of its features should be incorporated in Total War games! I'd love to have an overview of religion in the game world (!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Plumo View Post
    I really liked this game, although there were major flaws (combat, why only 8 people in your court?, too small differences between nations/cultures, not many units...)

Some of its features should be incorporated in Total War games! I'd love to have an overview of religion in the game world (!!!)
    I love this game. Honestly the campaign AI is second to none. One of my best campaigns I was almost obliterated by a rising Empire. I forced into becoming its vassal and only had 1 provence left. They were trying to expand and when they went to war against 2 other small nations, I knew it was now or never. Joined a battle with the other 2 nations against the Empire and made it all the way back. Never finished that game because my computer crashed but it was a ridiculous ebb and flow of nations almost being destroyed only to rise up and then get beaten back again.

Anyway, just found this game again, installed it on my new rig with windows 7 and it runs great. Going to get a few mods and get back into it.

Really wish they would have made a KOH II or had CA hire these guys for the campaign side of the game.

How much CA devs would have to learn from this gem in terms of gameplay depth and climate...

Something useful:

How to fix the game with whatever widescreen resolution:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/25830/...7974698081759/

Dusk of Glory mod (lots of new buildings and various enachements)

http://www.moddb.com/groups/knights-...appers-modders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast