Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Default Multiplayer

I just got it working and I was wondering if someone could give m ea few pointers. Also when are the most people on and I swould like 2 play sume1 in 1.6 PE anytime the next few days aside form midnight. (I'm in New York City)Youjust name a time and I'll be on under RTRPE123 or something of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Sabretooth's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by angmar_nite
    I just got it working and I was wondering if someone could give m ea few pointers. Also when are the most people on and I swould like 2 play sume1 in 1.6 PE anytime the next few days aside form midnight. (I'm in New York City)Youjust name a time and I'll be on under RTRPE123 or something of the sort.
    Have you actually managed to get RTRPE working in MP. AFAIK none of the regular RTR MP players have actually managed to get RTRPE to work in MP. When RTR Forums were up we were in discussion with Marcus and others about the problem and they were working towards a solution. I suspect that what with Marcus's personal problems and work on the 1.7 release that this will have been put on the back-burner. Hopefully we'll know soon if 1.7 imminent!!

Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

no it does not work. I assumed it was because no one else is playing RTR.

BTW do u kno when nTW2 is released. They were testing earlier. Pity about no spectate.

no it does not work. I assumed it was because no one else is playing RTR.

BTW do u kno when nTW2 is released. They were testing earlier. Pity about no spectate.
    Still people playing RTR MP but playing 6.0 Gold. People tend to use x-fire to organise games which are played in GS Chat but RTR Forums being down has seen MP activity reduce. Sorry if you knew this anyway.

Sorry dont know about other stuff

No I didn't. Thx.

I've got Xfire from star wars empire at war already but do you think I would be able to play after backpatching from Segas 1.5. I can play the campaign but the faction flag icons don't appear on the campaign map.

No I didn't. Thx.

I've got Xfire from star wars empire at war already but do you think I would be able to play after backpatching from Segas 1.5. I can play the campaign but the faction flag icons don't appear on the campaign map.
    Not sure if using back patch works, you tend to have to have the exact same file set-up as other player, this has been part of problem with PE due to the number of patches/versions. :hmmm: If you go to Chat Lobby and you could check if your game data compatible if I hosted a game.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; August 31, 2006 at 01:15 PM.

There are a ton of RTR gold players. Weve gotten in a few 3vs3 games. 1vs1 should be even easier. Heck theres enough to start a clan.

Wow just saw this thread ,I have been trying to get RTRPE to work Multiplayer for ages and can get one battle to work, restart a new battle then the machines wont connect as they say different version of game .

I thought I was going nuts ,soooooo glad to realise I am not alone.

So me too!
    I really hope this problem can be solved with the 1.7 patch!
    Currently playing: Lands to Conquer 2.1 with burreks & whitewolfes reskins on VH/VH

Quote Originally Posted by Incompituss
    Wow just saw this thread ,I have been trying to get RTRPE to work Multiplayer for ages and can get one battle to work, restart a new battle then the machines wont connect as they say different version of game .

I thought I was going nuts ,soooooo glad to realise I am not alone.
    You ain't going nuts, the RTR Forums have got there own sub-forum for MP and we've been trying to move from Gold to RTRPE for quite a while but unfortunately without success.

Hopefully RTRPE 1.7 will come as a full install and therefore we may avoid the host of incompatibility issues. Fingers crossed :hmmm:

Is it just an online issue? I played a LAN game against my friend on RTRPE 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus the Great
    Is it just an online issue? I played a LAN game against my friend on RTRPE 1.6.
    This will come as a shock to some. The consensus among the mp community was that you can`t play RTRPE v1.6 in multiplayer. BTW, did you used the new v1.6 full install?

no i installed 1.4 then 1.5 then 1.6.

Barca Payne's Avatar Tiro

I installed from the full mod of platium and then to 1.6 is 1.6 a full mod now?

also there going to be balancing issue that will need to be sort most likely as cav will be mostly useless

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal
    I installed from the full mod of platium and then to 1.6 is 1.6 a full mod now?

also there going to be balancing issue that will need to be sort most likely as cav will be mostly useless
    Don't know about the balancing!!! :hmmm: Thats where all the disagreements started the last time. Nobody can agree on the changes. Whilst I know there will be issues people don't like, much as there are with Gold on MP, it might be best left well alone.

Used to be that if you wanted to play RTR on MP you loaded gold and sorted a game on x-fire, IMHO we should adopt the same approach to RTRPE 1.7 if it actually works in MP. Once we start with balancing, editing EDU's etc all the disagreements will return. I know there will be other things like AOR units but I think we should all just use RTRPE 1.7 in its base state without mods or balancing and see how it works out.

Be interesting to see what others think - shame RTR Forums not up

Yer i really hate how cavlry work in 1.5 its stupid as why cant they just put their spear down!? They work ok in NTW2 but not really in platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter
    Yer i really hate how cavlry work in 1.5 its stupid as why cant they just put their spear down!? They work ok in NTW2 but not really in platinum.
    See this topic and especially the second post(the second guide):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59640
    It tells you how to use your cavalry correctly and have successfyl charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter
    I ain't no cavalry expert but I'm sure I've read that in RTRPE you have to get the charge distance exactly right for spears to come down. I also believe from reading other posts that if you single click to attack with cavalry outside correct charge distance they will walk until they reach the correct position and you then get the full benefit of the charge bonus including spears down. Just wish I could find the post!!

Apologies if everyone knew this already

Was posting at same time - thanks Florin I knew I should have asked an expert

Barca Payne's Avatar Tiro

we need to atleast make the CAV cheap as there won't be any point of having them if not changed

also gold is getting boring as everones being rome as they don't run and are the hardest units in the game porthius as I think I've been told on X-fire think the same about the romans on gold

also I made a file on my game so that I san have swimming units and sheild wall units and AOR units on the game with out it doing anything to the campiagn map so if anyone want to try this out they can

all I can do is try

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal
    we need to atleast make the CAV cheap as there won't be any point of having them if not changed

also gold is getting boring as everones being rome as they don't run and are the hardest units in the game porthius as I think I've been told on X-fire think the same about the romans on gold

also I made a file on my game so that I san have swimming units and sheild wall units and AOR units on the game with out it doing anything to the campiagn map so if anyone want to try this out they can

all I can do is try
    Florins post explains the cavalry issue. There will be a point in having them we will all just have to use them correctly. My concern is that once we start changing things we'll be back where we were a couple of months ago. Like many others I thought there were realism and balance issues with gold. We discussed plenty of them - Velites just don't hold Phalanx lines in real life and a whole bunch of Archers (Cretan or not) certainly don't!! Also issues with AOR units (which I think will be changed in RTRPE anyway)

I agree with you about the Romans in Gold but you know better than anyone that they aren't invincible.

My only point is most of us just want to play MP and if we start changing things from the start we'll end up with all the different opinions of what should and shouldn't be allowed etc, etc, etc

Lets just give it a go when RTRPE 1.7 released and see how we can adapt to the changes, you never know we may see some different tactics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast