Thread: Chivalry

Default Chivalry

I know that Valencia, Syracuse, Thorn, Novgorod and Hiraklion give your generals Chivalry. Are there any other settlements with +chivalry?
    "Alea iacta est"

Default Re: Chivalry

I didn't knew that. How and why they give chivalry?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    I didn't knew that. How and why they give chivalry?
    City titles, like Duke of X. Some cities have negative, some have positive traits.

Ok, update. Novgorod Syracuse, Iraklion, Thorn, Valencia and Salamanca. Use these titles along with a good general when it comes to health and chivalry, when you want to upgrade your fortress to citadel?

Any other tips?
    "Alea iacta est"

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Usually I just cheat and add population. Annoying how ai gets citadel extra fast and I cant even get my population high enough

If you want a list of the other titles that give chivalry, just look it up in the data folder for the mod in the export_descr_ancillaries under the dearmad section.

Ok
    Valencia + 2 chivalry
    Thorn +2 chivalry
    Iraklion +1 chivalry
    Syracuse +1 chivalry
    Novgorod +1 chivalry
    Salamanca +1 chivalry
    Toledo +1 chivalry
    Basra +1 chivalry

Also the cruader ancillary you get after completing a crusade give your general chivalry.

Anything else?
    "Alea iacta est"

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

Wait, you want some tips regarding chivalry and how to gain lots of chivalry points with you generals? Well, in that case, titles and ancillaries (that give you chivalry) aren't enough. There are also lots of traits (and lots of methods to aquire them) which give you +chivalry. After each battle release the prisoners (it is, in fact, more complicated than this: you also must be careful so your general won't kill too many men because otherwise he will gain dread ancillaries and traits). Occupy every settelement you take, don't execute the citizens. But there are lots of detailed guides out here, just search for them .
    Īnfrānt nu eşti atunci cānd sāngeri,
    nici ochii cānd īn lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele īnfrāngeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Its much easier to just gain chivalry via battles and sieges than it is to gather up all these ancillaries.

Plus, removing the ancillaries titles from whoever gets them and placing them on a different general will cause some serious loyalty problems on the generals who have been stripped of their title. Be careful when you do so. Only the Faction Leader and Faction Heirare safe from this.

Quote Originally Posted by tudor93 View Post
    After each battle release the prisoners (it is, in fact, more complicated than this: you also must be careful so your general won't kill too many men because otherwise he will gain dread ancillaries and traits).
    This isn't wholly true - if your general has enough chivalry then he can get the 'fair fighter' trait if he kills enough people. Although I think he can't kill them while routing...? I can't remember the parameters for the trait.

Can anyone clarify how 'fair fighter' works?
    "Alea iacta est"