Thread: mods for this game.

Default mods for this game.

When i have finished my current campaign on native, though it wont be for some time yet. Are there any suggestions what mod might be good for warband? Ive heard things about prophecy but am still unsure

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Default Re: mods for this game.

Depends on what you want to play. Prophesy of Pendor (fantasy, recommended only for experienced players), Brytenwalda (dark age Britain) and 1257AD (Europe in 1257) are probably the three most popular Warband mods, but there are also loads of great and interesting others. If you haven't played anything but Native so far, perhaps some of the Native expansion mods would be a good idea - Floris, Blood & Steel, Native Expansion etc.

Vallon's Avatar Libertus

There's a ton of great mods for that game. Just google away and read about them all.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Floris Mod !!!

warband mods
    I'm currently playing Gekokujo a based in the Sengoku Jiadai like Shogun 2 but theres a lot out there they're all great so just click the link and search
    Last edited by oppaiO_O; June 14, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    “Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not? I myself believe, perhaps on insufficient grounds, that the common man will win his fight sooner or later, but I want it to be sooner and not later—some time within the next hundred years, say, and not some time within the next ten thousand years. That was the real issue of the Spanish war, and of the last war, and perhaps of other wars yet to come.”

1887, Light and Darkness-Heroes of Caldaria, The Eagle and the Radiant Cross, Sword of Damocles, Solid and Shade, Revenge of Berserk. There are a lot of good mods around.

Arian's Avatar Civis

Dear friends Is there any ancient mod for this game??

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Arian View Post
    Deponent on how Ancient you want him to be, the Dark Age "Brytenwalda" is the the best for solo game, and Rome At War for multiplayer .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

My favourite is Prophesy of Pendor. Has a hugely immersive world with plenty of lore, and fantastic game mechanics (I particularly like the knighthood orders, and was thrilled by the update that added custom ones).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian View Post
    There's Hegemony, which is Greek orientated, and a bunch of Roman mods.
    Last edited by Veliky Kaiser Theos; November 30, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Veliky Kaiser Theos View Post
    There's Hegemony, which is Greek orientated, and a bunch of Roman mods.
    This is for the first "Mount & Blade", it will not work for the Warband ?????!!! .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Quote Originally Posted by Veliky Kaiser Theos View Post
    My favourite is Prophesy of Pendor. Has a hugely immersive world with plenty of lore, and fantastic game mechanics (I particularly like the knighthood orders, and was thrilled by the update that added custom ones).
    Knighthoods are cool, but the 100+ days it takes for them to be of any use on the battlefield is a bit annoying.

What I want to know is if there is any good zombie mods. I liked the Undying Lands, but they haven't had an update in ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTower View Post
    This is for the first "Mount & Blade", it will not work for the Warband ?????!!! .
    Sorry, I was mixed up. I mean the Peloponnesian War mod.

The essential mods quality wise are 1257 AD, Knights of the Last Battle, Brytenwalda and lately A Clash of Kings. Floris mod if you are interested in vanilla.
    They are all overall high in quality even if very different.

Prophesy of Pendor is simply too dated for a newer player to get into. Frankly, it looks like graphics wise! But worth a try perhaps, as any mod, it has its rewards!
    Last edited by Karabekian; January 03, 2014 at 05:27 PM.

I've been playing 1257, and i don't even know how I ever even played to vanilla game. It's MUCH more difficult and there is so much stuff to do. My guy is no longer a one man wrecking machine in battles anymore. There is an endless amount of side crap you can do. Seriously, just so much stuff to do. I also like the holy wars part. I started off fighting with Scotland. Figured i'd join a faction that was sort of in a corner so there wasn't the chance of getting gangbanged out of existence(and i'm part Scottish). Well we've been pretty peaceful so there hasn't been much to do, so to fill my bloodlust i just tell my King i'm heading off to the holy war. Went down to Jerusalem and made a bunch of money off looting towns and winning tournaments, and soon enough Scotland was back at war with the Nords so i headed back up.

Just tons of to do, and it doesn't feel so rinse and repeat. And the AI is much better. Our whole Scottish army got crushed by this huge group of good soldiers guarding a castle. Back in Vanilla i could have taken that thing with my soldiers alone...

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

I would recommend A Clash of Kings. The latest versions have improved so much on all fronts. Equipment is awesome and there are even neat scripted side quests, besides the vanilla ones you get from lord's.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Reviving this thread as I've decided to play some M&B WB again.

What are the major mods out there, especially ones having a lot of gear?

Still Brytenwalda and 1257 among others?
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

There was a new beta of Warsword Conquest if you're into Warhammer. I haven't played through it yet so I can't comment on its quality.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest

skypoq's Avatar Foederatus

The Red Wars, Calradia 1923.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-red-war-12

Swazi Reich, United Vaegir Federation, Nordic Union - WW2 for Calridia