Thread: Ideas for Missions

Default Ideas for Missions

Anyone have any ideas that would work well within the lore of this mod as a mission to eventually be added?

I think a mission involving the Goron take over and expulsion of the Lizalfos from the Death Mountain Range would be a great mission

Also of course I hope to see the rise of ganon in a few missions hopefully

Perhaps there could also be a defensive mission where you defend Deku Palace from a kokiri intent on claiming the forest?
    I shall consume... consume everything

Coffeemancer's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Ideas for Missions

Mission? you mean the stuff the leadership is always nagging about?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeemancer View Post
    Mission? you mean the stuff the leadership is always nagging about?
    no i mean like the Hyrule Historia missions, separate to the campaign, which Neph is creating some of now

Coffeemancer's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    no i mean like the Hyrule Historia missions, separate to the campaign, which Neph is creating some of now
    Ah, well. Afraid I can't be much help then, old boy.
    I am a bit out of the loop on the in game history, but if I come up with anything after I get a bit more into it I will get back to you.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

well, i personally have two missions i'm expecting to see soon.

1) the creation of Ghirahim and Fi, and Ghirahim's betrayal, involving the wizzrobes, the sages, hylia, ghirahim, and fi

2) The Dark Interlopers and the fused shadow, and the interloper war, which culminates in the light spirits being sent by the goddesses to lock them all up in the twilight realm.

your idea about the goron takeover of death mountain is also very likely.
    Droma: :Rosa

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    2) The Dark Interlopers and the fused shadow, and the interloper war, which culminates in the light spirits being sent by the goddesses to lock them all up in the twilight realm.
    Unless that's already happened before the events we've seen thus far (I'm not quite clear on the timeframe of that particular occurence).

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

before you guys post your idea's here keep in mind that it should be a big event of history, a mission where a group of lizafos raids an Ordona village or deku shrubs ambushing a Hylian convey probably isn't a very big event in history

Considering that the Hylians abandoned Faron Prime after Forest thieves took it, there could be a mission where you need to capture it as them, and then hold out against an army of Deku Trees (who killed the adults and turned the children into the Kokiri) for as long as possible. It would be an interesting way to show the history of this race of children.

You know how some games have bonus missions that don't actually happen, usually because they mean the bad guys win? I'd like to see something like that. Like a mission where Ganon and his forces are assaulting Hyrule Prime, and it ends with the capture or execution of Zelda (And Link, maybe?) and a new reign of darkness over all of Hyrule. That would be a cool mission, I think. Or one that involves the forces of Twilight, the Majora, or even the Stalfos or River Zora. But those ideas might not fit the lore of this mod too well...

Would like some missions that focus on Ganon's rise, as the OP suggested. And I'd really like to see something involving the Zora, 'cause I think they're awesome. I don't really know enough about their lore to suggest anything specific, though. You guys seem to know way more about the lore than I do. I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Brony View Post
    You know how some games have bonus missions that don't actually happen, usually because they mean the bad guys win? I'd like to see something like that. Like a mission where Ganon and his forces are assaulting Hyrule Prime, and it ends with the capture or execution of Zelda (And Link, maybe?) and a new reign of darkness over all of Hyrule. That would be a cool mission, I think. Or one that involves the forces of Twilight, the Majora, or even the Stalfos or River Zora. But those ideas might not fit the lore of this mod too well...

Would like some missions that focus on Ganon's rise, as the OP suggested. And I'd really like to see something involving the Zora, 'cause I think they're awesome. I don't really know enough about their lore to suggest anything specific, though. You guys seem to know way more about the lore than I do. I'm jealous.
    you can learn some of Nephs lore just by reading the unit descriptions on custom battle unit selection screen theres bits and pieces there which are quite interesting

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    you can learn some of Nephs lore just by reading the unit descriptions on custom battle unit selection screen theres bits and pieces there which are quite interesting
    you have no idea how much I learned about middle earth by doing that in third age total war...

Does anyone know what the max limit of custom missions is? There's lots of interesting ideas that can be done but there's usually an engine limitation preventing implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    Does anyone know what the max limit of custom missions is? There's lots of interesting ideas that can be done but there's usually an engine limitation preventing implementation.
    Well if there is an engine limitation then neph will only stick with his ideas and if the limit won't be a problem then he might give this page a look