Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: General discussion and Feedback

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default General discussion and Feedback

Anything you want to talk about, or just to say hi i love this mod, or what the hell are you doing this is mental are you some kind of devil loving nutjob.

All comments are welcome.

Hs.

no i'm not, btw.

Default Re: General discussion.

Sorry, could not resist. Also wanted to post here first. Interesting mod, and I am clothed in garlic as I speak. Anyways it would be interesting for future mod concerning the heavenly armies led by the Messiah against Gog and Magog for the final climactic battle of who will reign (course you know who the Bible says wins) but it's fantasy right. The forces of light against the forces of darkness. Unless I'm missing something you have no heavenly faction right now?

Keeper of the FAITH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkus Africanus
    Sorry, could not resist. Also wanted to post here first. Interesting mod, and I am clothed in garlic as I speak. Anyways it would be interesting for future mod concerning the heavenly armies led by the Messiah against Gog and Magog for the final climactic battle of who will reign (course you know who the Bible says wins) but it's fantasy right. The forces of light against the forces of darkness. Unless I'm missing something you have no heavenly faction right now?
    In my wildest dreams this mod was a precursor to the one i really wanted to make, Heaven and Hell, or Angels and Demons based on the war in heaven before the fall of Lucifer, right now this is going pretty well and i'll be happy when its done and released, but as for making the second mod, hmm its unlikely as its just to much work.

So no heavenly faction as such, as the factions are human, although there are the.....

Thanks for posting in this thread, rep given.

Last edited by Halie Satanus; September 27, 2006 at 05:47 PM.

That would've been cool . Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to your mod when it's done.

Keeper of the FAITH

Elohim's Avatar Civis

This does look like a really cool idea - kudos for going with it.

I hope you get somewhere, rather than falling by the roadside like so many mods do
    Multiple exclamation marks are the sign of diseased mind!!!

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

Can I get a "Hail Satan"?

I'll be looking forward to this mod...most definitely. :wink: I hope you'll be incorporating some chariots, along with a great chariot and stampede noise for both chariots and horses. It helps with the "dramatic" effect. I like it, especially with passages like:

Their appearance is like the appearance of horses; And like swift steeds, so they run. With a noise like chariots Over mountaintops they leap, Like the noise of a flaming fire that devours the stubble, Like a strong people set in battle array. Before them the people writhe in pain; All faces are drained of color. They run like mighty men, They climb the wall like men of war; Every one marches in formation, And they do not break ranks. They do not push one another; Every one marches in his own column. Though they lunge between the weapons, They are not cut down. They run to and fro in the city, They run on the wall; They climb into the houses, They enter at the windows like a thief. The earth quakes before them, The heavens tremble; The sun and moon grow dark, And the stars diminish their brightness. [Joel 2:4-10]

Very awesome to see some of these battle descriptions incorporated.

later friends,
    Gershom

nice pics you goth there really nice
    I will really enjoy to play this mod

Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Alcibiades of Athens; February 10, 2007 at 01:07 AM.

Is this mod any nearer to a release date?

It looks better than any mods i've seen so far.

Blog Entries

In the next few days!. we might hold off until the week end so we can play test it ourselves a bit more. but to all intents and purposes "it is finished".

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

That's a bold statement, Hallie...I think you may find that you want to tweak it a lot more once people start making suggestions or finding errors. And it is the curse of modders that we must comply...

But it's great news to hear that the End of Days is, well, coming to the end of its days...you've done a lot quickly and with so few to help! Kudos.

But yes, the Mod does scare me a bit
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Quote Originally Posted by halie satanus View Post
    In the next few days!. we might hold off until the week end so we can play test it ourselves a bit more. but to all intents and purposes "it is finished".
    That is great!

I'm patiently waiting the release, barely containing my excitement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    That's a bold statement, Hallie...I think you may find that you want to tweak it a lot more once people start making suggestions or finding errors. And it is the curse of modders that we must comply...
    Shh don't tell Makanyane that.

But it's great news to hear that the End of Days is, well, coming to the end of its days...you've done a lot quickly and with so few to help! Kudos.

But yes, the Mod does scare me a bit
    Thanks, it scares me to.

That is great!

I'm patiently waiting the release, barely containing my excitement.
    Well you should just have time to sharpen some pointy sticks and get a good supply of garlic in...the Vampyres are on their way.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Looking forward to downloading this, I haven't checked the updates too much since you first opened the do we scare you topic but what I saw I liked, esspecially the idea of fantasy based on something original. From my side, you can release it anytime from now...

Regards,
    Arbaces.

Are you guys going to release on sunday or the next week
    Last edited by Dreadking; February 17, 2007 at 06:52 AM.

Great job! Just a small suggestion: with the Kingdom of Albion, you should be able to recruit templar squires in any temple after the church is built. I don't know why, but when I built a basilica in the capital, I could no longer recruit these. This left me with no phalanx troops, putting me at a disadvantage against cavalry. Fantastic work, though(haven't had a single crash in over fifty turns).

Blog Entries

Templar squires aren't a phalanx unit, i think you mean templar pikemen, in which case you have just run into Maky's recruitment system, basically, as you build higher up the building tree you lose the lower order units, this might seem odd as the player, but! it means that your enemies are doing the same so you won't be faced with full stacks of crappy enemies as the game goes on.

With Albion in particular this means you will have to change your battle tactics in the middle and later stages of the campaign.

Thanks for the feed back.

It would have been amusing if you had been able to use a glitch I ran into in RTW a few years ago on my old computer. For some reason the horses didnít show up with mounted units, just the riders. As a result I had groups of men who looked like they were floating around the battlefield.

Another graphical glitch made phalanx units invisible, with only their spears showing. It was rather amusing to see two groups of floating spears attack each other while floating riders moved around them. That was a pretty sad computer.

Blog Entries

I did actually consider something along those lines, making a units 2,3,4, models invisible via alpha channels, then they would only appear as they came close to the enemy and you had the camera low...in the end i thought better of it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast