Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return to England

Default Return to England

The armies of England - battered and bruised, return to Carlisle at a slow trudge. King William rides at it's head, with the banner of Normandy flying high above the head of the army.

Default Re: Return to England

Roger began cheering with some of the other men. They were happy to have made it home safely. Roger looked up towards the King and hi banner with pride, but he soon began to worry as he realized the knight he had served died in battle, and he would need to find work.

William turned to the men who were cheering, and spotted roger. He gestured for him to come forward.

As the other men were cheering Roger hesitated for a moment at first not realizing if it was in fact he the King was seeking out. Soon it became clear and Roger knelt briefly before the King then continued walking beside him, "My liege, it is an honor. As you can see we're all elated to be home and that everything worked out"

Carlisle breathed deeply, taking in all of his home where his wife and child waited for him. It was good to be home.
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Roger looked to lord Carlisle and smirked, "My lord, now that we've returned to your lands, pray tell where is the nearest place to get a drink! Its been a long journey"

William bowed his head.

Indeed. The war is done, and those who fought with me shall be honoured. Do you wish to serve as a knight?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Roger looked to lord Carlisle and smirked, "My lord, now that we've returned to your lands, pray tell where is the nearest place to get a drink! Its been a long journey"
    Carlisle nodded towards the city itself. He too would enjoy a good drink, though with any luck there would still be some good beers at the castle. It was the castle that now held the baron's attention as he saw a figure coming from it, approaching the army.
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Roger drew his attention to King William again without a blink, "My lord it would be an honor to serve you as a knight. The one who I was serving as a squire under did not return from our campaign so I would be elated"

William nodded, and patted Percy on the shoulder.

Good. I shall make the arrangements when we return.

OOC: Its Roger haha. To be honest I have no idea why my screen name is Percy don't even remember making it that.

"Thank you my lord, I shall be your most humble servant"

OOC: dang, sorry man, I read your name not your... Name?

William nodded to roger, and carried on riding.

The daughter of the Baron of Avranches, having heard of the army's return, approaches the force.

Seeing some woman simply come towards the army, William rode forward to meet her.

Isabelle bows when the King approaches. "Your majesty. I am Isabelle Eraclea, daughter of the former Baron Avranches."

William bows his head before raising an eyebrow.

The former baron?

"Yes..you see, while the army was gone in Scotland, some Normans loyal to some man named Richard..attacked Avranches and forced my father to retreat back to France. I escaped to Brittany and then to Cornwall with my father's companions who did not go north." She kneels. "I am sorry our house has failed you."

William stepped back frowning

De Clare?

"...I believe so, your majesty."

William nodded, grimacing, and simply rode away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast