Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CKII:AGOT] THE NORTH REMEMBERS (Updated: 06/12/2013)

Default Re: [CKII:AGOT] THE NORTH REMEMBERS (Updated: 04/08/2013)

“There were thousands of them, fifty thousand at least.”
    “Eight thousand,” Hullen Glover corrected, “mostly infantry, and maybe two thousand horse.” Edwin shot his brother an irritated look before continuing, “Well... there was was more of them than us. We didn’t stand a chance.” Once again Edwin glanced at his brother but this time Hullen simply nodded his agreement. The hall had been silent as the two Glovers had told their story, but now a low hum grew as men muttered restlessly. The great hall was crowded, but it should have been overflowing for it was host to an assembly of the Northern Lords. However, many had ignored the summons and even more had fallen to the Ironborn reavers in the years before. The handful of High Lords that had attended were seated upon the dais. The two bickering Glover siblings were seated on the far end of the dais to speak for their father Galwin Glover, the erstwhile Lord of the Wolfswood; who was delayed on the road, having opted to remain with the remnants of his cumbersome army. Beside them sat the gaunt Calon Hornwood, who seemed an anxious man, yet had somehow risen to become the Lord of White Harbour after the collapse of House Manderly. In the centre was their young host, Aethan Karstark, Lord of Karhold. Though his mother, Lady Leana, had joined him to act as his regent and, evidently, stop him from picking at his nose. Finally, upon the opposite side, sat Hoarfrost Umber and Oryn Flint. Hoarfrost towering in his chair, huge and muscular; Oryn tiny beside him, lithe and sinewy. All in all, Hoarfrost doubted the High Lords of the North made for an inspiring sight.

A hush suddenly descended on the hall as Calon Hornwood stood. “This cannot continue,” Calon began, his voice peculiarly high, “something must be done to stop Goodbrother once and for all. I suggest we combine our strengths!” There was an immediate explosion of support from the White Harbor contingent, who pounded their fists upon the benches as if Lord Calon had solved everything, but the clamor quickly ended when they realised no one else shared their enthusiasm. There was no illusion to why the assembly had been called. It had been less than a month since Gorold Goodbrother had emerged from the Wolfswood to seize Deepwood Motte, the seat of the Glovers. Prior to the attack it had been widely believed that Gorold’s latest foray into the Barrowlands was like to be his last, for every report suggested that the Ironborn meant to depart the North for good. So the last thing the sleepy army at Deepwood Motte had expected to see in the dawns twilight hours was eight thousand howling Ironborn reavers erupt from the surrounding treeline. The fighting had been disastrous for the Glovers and Lord Galwin and most of his family had escaped capture at the cost of over four thousand men, including his eldest son. Though if Gorold had meant to crush the resolve of the remaining Northern Lords then he had failed, for the defeat of one of the last four great Northern houses had finally shocked those remaining into action. Out of the High Lords only the Boltons and Reeds had not attended, but that was not unexpected. Jyana Bolton had proclaimed her infant son as King of the North, and seemed completely uninterested in the Goodbrother invasion; While no one was quite sure whether the Reeds of the Neck still survived, and if they did then they would surely be too busy with the Southern army that had taken up residence in their godforsaken swamp.

“Its clear to anyone with half a brain we need to join our bloody strengths” shouted the bear-like Rodwell Mormont from one of the benches close to the dais, forcing a red-faced Lord Calon to retreat back to his seat, “its just a case of deciding who’ll be the one to lead us.” The hall instantly fell silent. Outside the blizzard howled, and Hoarfrost could picture Lord Galwin and his exhausted men battling through the snow, their fur-lined silhouettes hunched over against the storm. This weather had held for over a week now and had made travelling agonizingly slow, despite the snowshoes which Northmen made from hardwood and rawhide lacings. There could be no doubt that winter was finally upon them. “Let our father lead,” suddenly called Edwin Glover, interrupting Hoarfrost’s thoughts, “he’s the most experienced, and he’s the only one who’s faced Goodbrother before!”
    “Aye and bloody lost!” offered a grim-faced man with the Karstark sigil upon his gambeson. The Glovers in the hall leapt to their feet, roaring their protests, and the Karstarks quickly followed, but Wendel had lectured Hoarfrost and the Umber contingent about the dangers of the assembly failing to old rivalries, and so Hoarfrost hurriedly stood. “Let me lead you,” he boomed, “I’ve fought battles and I’ve won. Allow me the honour of throwing the Ironborn back in the sea.” The Karstarks and Glovers forgot their argument and turned back towards the dais. For a moment Hoarfrost was foolish enough to believe he’d won them over with his short and clumsy appeal, then Hullen Glover stood. “You haven’t fought a real battle,” he shouted from the opposite end of the dais, “you knocked about a bunch of bloody sheep-shaggers is all!” Karstark, Glover and Hornwood men alike exploded in laughter as Hoarfrost and the Umbers balled up their fists and bit their tongues. Oryn Flint, whom Hoarfrost had made High Lord of said sheep-shaggers, threw back his chair and made to cross the dais, but Hoarfrost quickly checked him. “At least we’ve still got a sodding keep!” the familiar voice of Brun bellowed, ever the diplomat, and suddenly it was the Umbers turn to laugh. “Your Little Giants just a boy, and I don’t mean to follow a child to war! No matter how tall he stands!” someone shouted, and there was an explosion of jeers from the throng of Glovers. An Umber, who Hoarfrost guessed to be the Torgild, one of his newer guardsmen, lifted his voice above the noise, “the Young Wolf was still a lad when he went South!”
    “The Young Wolf?” a fresh-faced Glover shouted, before mockingly laughing, “And how many came back from his folly, if that bastard had just-” but he was cut short as one of his own comrades stepped forward and slammed a fist into the side of his face. There was a moment's pause as both sides watched the man stagger slightly and then collapse, before they returned to jeering and hurling insults at each other. “Enough!” roared Hoarfrost, and his plea seemed to work as the clamor lessened. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw it and every eye was suddenly following the bread roll as it arced it way up from among the cluster of Glovers to bounce between Hoarfrost’s eyes and fall into his horn of ale with an audible plop. There was suddenly silence. Time itself seemed to stand still. Hoarfrost found himself looking upon his men, who stared back expectantly. Brun had a look of outrage, while Wendel shook his head slightly, his eyes urging Hoarfrost to remain calm. Hoarfrost nodded slightly, grinned, then bellowed, “get ‘em!”

The Umbers surged towards the Glovers and the two sides clashed in a flurry of fists. The rest of the hall froze, until Rodwell Mormont turned to the Branch beside him and clobbered him in the nose. In seconds the assorted retinues of great and small Lords turned upon each other, plunging the hall into complete anarchy as they hunted down the sigils of rival houses. Hoarfrost wasted no time, unceremoniously scrambling over the high-lords table to join the fray. The Glover brothers followed suit, leaving Lord Calon sheltering beside Lady Leana and the little Lord Aethan, who was clearly enjoying the spectacle. Only the handful of apprehensive Karstark guardsmen standing close behind their Lord had been permitted to carry weapons within the hall. Which was fortunate for the fight was savage. Hoarfrost bellowed incoherently as he bullied his way into the mêlée, making for the security of the small knot of Umbers that Brun had rallied. Oryn was behind, keening some terrible war cry as he lashed wildly out at anyone to slow to move from their path. They made good progress as men hurriedly parted before the huge Hoarfrost, but as they neared the centre of the hall the sheer weight of men slowed them. Then suddenly the world was white as someone drove a fist into the side of Hoarfrost’s face. He stumbled, but kept his footing as a mob of Karstarks closed in around them. The blows rained down incessantly, and someone had climbed upon his back. “Umber!” Hoarfrost found himself bellowing as he dug his elbow into the ribs of the man around his neck, “Umber, Umber!” The arms slipped from around him and Hoarfrost immediately lashed out. A Karstark reeled away, his nose broken, but suddenly Hoarfrost’s head was ringing, and his legs felt like folding beneath him. He forced himself to stay upright and swung blindly out. A shock of pain ran through his fingers as his massive fist crunched into something hard and bony. Then once again he was struck in the head, and this time he felt his legs give way and he collapsed to a knee.

Instinctively he raised his arms to shield his head, but instead of more blows there was a sudden cheer and a rush of hands reached out to haul him back to his feet. His vision cleared and the hard-featured face of Tormund, one of his guardsmen, came into focus, he was grinning broadly, blood thick between his yellow teeth. Brun thrust him aside and slapped Hoarfrost on his shoulder, “bastards almost had you!” Hoarfrost spat blood and glanced around at the dozen remaining Umbers. His assailants had been routed for the moment, recoiling from the savagery of the attack and Hoarfrost took the opportunity to survey the battlefield. Throughout the hall the brawl continued. The more numerous Karstarks were clearly having the best of the fight. The Hornwoods and the various lesser Lords were still fighting among each other, while the Glovers looked in a desperate position as the Karstarks closed in about them. Oryn Flint had somehow found himself marooned upon a bench, though was putting up a valiant defense as he wielded a ham joint with deadly efficiency. “Right,” Hoarfrost began, but paused to inspect his men. They looked a terrible state, their clothes were ripped, their faces bruised and blooded, the skin torn from around their knuckles. Though as they met his gaze they grinned, and Hoarfrost felt a deep and brotherly love well up inside him. These same men had followed him into the cruel mountains of the clans and there stood side by side in the Stony Pass, now they stood beside him once again. Mors the Crow-catcher, Harras Littlehands, Ulwyn, Allard and Bennet Snow, Harwood, Gregor, Rodrick and the two Tors, Torwin and Torgild. Hoarfrost laughed and Brun rolled his eyes and shook his head, but Hoarfrost didn’t care for he knew no army in Westeros could hope to defeat him with men like these at his side. Wendel wasn’t among them, but he’d never been a fighter and so Hoarfrost guessed he’d found refuge somewhere. “Glovers look in trouble. I know their bastards, but I’ll wed a Frey before I let the Karstarks beat us,” continued Hoarfrost, his words having the desired effect as his men smiled wolfishly, “Glovers don’t think we can fight, so lets show the whoresons how Umbers scrap, eh!” Then the horn sounded.

In the confined space the sound was deafening, and the fighting abruptly ended as the Northmen winced and clapped their hands to their ears. Hoarfrost looked towards its origin to find Wendel stood atop the high-lords table. “This is our last chance!” Wendel shouted after he had brought the warhorn from his lips. “Gorold Goodbrother and at least eight thousand Ironborn are out there!” he motioned towards the doors at the end of the hall, and a few Northmen spun round half-expecting Gorold himself to be stood behind them. “If we fail today, then we lose everything!” Hoarfrost had never seen Wendel so passionate, and the intensity of his words had subdued the hall. Suddenly Wendel pointed his finger at Hoarfrost, “Lord Hoarfrost has no right to lead you!” At once Brun started forward, thrusting his way through the crowd, “you traitorous little bastard, I’ll wring your scrawny-”
    “Brun!” barked Hoarfrost, and Brun stopped and fell silent. Wendel was frugal and did not have battle-courage, but he was honest and more importantly kin, and so Hoarfrost trusted him. “He’s not Lord Paramount, and he’s sure as hell not a King,” there was a ripple of laughter through the hall. Hoarfrost and his men grinned, for it was a running joke among the Umbers that their Lord was far from Lordly. “But he’s m’cousin, I grew up with him, I fought beside him, I know what kind of man he is; and its the kind the North needs right now. A warrior. He won’t ask you to bend the knee to him, or give him your oath; but he’ll ask you to fight with him. That you fight for your homes and families and everything else you hold dear,” Wendel paused, catching his breath, “will you fight with Lord Hoarfrost?”
    “Aye!” roared the Umbers, and some of the lesser Lords and their men took up the cry. However, the Glovers, Karstarks and Hornwoods remained as silent as their Lords, to whom their loyalties lied. The shouting died down and all eyes turned to the dais. Lord Calon remained fixed in his chair, his brow glistening with sweat. The little Lord Aethan sat with his arms folded, upset that Wendel had spoiled his entertainment, while his mother looked terrified beside him. Hullen Glover suddenly stirred, he had been among the fray and so did not bother to try and reach the dais but simply climbed upon the nearest bench. “We were sent here to speak in m'fathers stead. Lord Hoarfrost is a good warrior, aye, maybe even great, but the Glovers had suffered more tha-” Whatever Hullen had meant to say was cut short as the doors were thrown open.

Every head turned. In the doorway stood a lone man. He strode forward, his longword clattering against his chainmail, muffled by the thick layers of snow-specked furs. There was no introduction, but even so the room parted before him, for there was an air of authority about him reserved only for the high-born. He had an hard and weather-beaten face, with quick green eyes which made him look younger than he was. His chin was clean shaven, which was a rarity in the North, and he had neatly cropped grey hair. It appeared he would continue straight to the dais, but he stopped suddenly and turned towards the wide-eyed Hullen. “Father? I thought...”
    “I had a feeling you two’d botch things up,” interrupted Lord Galwin Glover. He turned sharply away, apparently finished with his son, and his fierce gaze immediately picked Hoarfrost out from the surrounding men. Once again the press parted before him as he strode meaningfully towards Hoarfrost and stopped directly in front of him. His eyes narrowed as he scrutinized the giant towering before him. Hoarfrost frowned and instinctively straightened up. “You look nothing like y’father,” Galwin suddenly broke the awkward silence, “you anything like y’father?”
    “No.”
    “Thats a relief,” Galwin turned sharply and strode to the dais, Hoarfrost shot a bewildered look at Brun and followed. The entire hall seemed dumbstruck. When they reached the dais Hoarfrost made to return to his seat, but Galwin stopped him at his side and turned to face the hall. “I’ve seen what these whoreson’s do first hand,” he did not raise his voice as he spoke, and didn’t need to, for the hall had been silent from the moment he had entered. “And it won’t be us who suffer for if they win they’ll kill y’all. But they’ll take your wives for their own and make your children, and your childrens children, and everything after slaves,” he spoke bluntly, his tone not meant to inspire but merely to state the facts. Galwin's brow suddenly furrowed, and his looked down at the floor. When he raised his head he had a pained expressed, and for the first time his age showed and he was suddenly only a grieving father, “I’ve... I've failed my people. I've failed my family.." The room was deafeningly silent. Galwin looked close to tears, but then he swallowed and all at once he was Lord Galwin Glover again, “I will not fail the North and if a Glover must follow an Umber, then by the old gods so bloody be it!” With that he turned to Hoarfrost. “Lord Hoarfrost, I hear your a hard man and a good leader, and I hope I heard right... because the strength of the Glovers is yours.”

OOC
    This update ended up being somewhat longer than I’d anticipated. Initially it was just going to be a bit of a sit down between the Northern Lords so I could show off all the new friends I've been making. Then I realised everyone was being far too well behaved. I mean, the only reason Rob Stark kept his fragile army from falling apart before they’d even marched south was by letting his direwolf chew off a few of the Greatjon’s fingers!

I formed alliances with the Karstarks, Glovers (whats left of them) and the Hornwoods of White Harbour by throwing various sisters at them until they decided I was an alright bloke. The sisters probably won’t be making an appearance. I was going to do the whole family thing, as in my first save Hoarfrost got two younger brothers (one of whom had the deceitful trait) but this time I just got a job-lot of sisters. So if anyone who read the intro chapter early on and is wondering where that short segment on his brothers went, my backspace ate them. Sisters, unfortunately, aren't usually that interesting in CK2 because they tend to get married off before they can do anything. Politics, eh.

Default Re: [CKII:AGOT] THE NORTH REMEMBERS (Updated: 04/08/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Paraipan View Post
    Great read. And those graphics are amazing. Well done.
    Thanks Paraipan.

Default Re: [CKII:AGOT] THE NORTH REMEMBERS (Updated: 15/08/2013)

Just got around to catching up on this, and I must say it's been a very good read. Recently I picked up one of the Game of Throne m2tw mods, so now I have a better understanding of the whole universe so I am better able to enjoy the story. Keep up the good work!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Just read the last chapter. Excellent. That brawl scene made me think for a second that this is the HBO series (haven't read the books yet). This AAR deserves more attention.

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

The show is pretty good, yet the books are better! Fantastic AAR! I shall be following closely, I was devastated at Robb's death. D:

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    The show is pretty good, yet the books are better! Fantastic AAR! I shall be following closely, I was devastated at Robb's death. D:
    What?! Robb dies?

Just kidding ...

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Such a shame this forum has died. Stories like this deserve so much attention. Brilliant writing!

What?! Robb dies?

Just kidding ...
    Gods, you had me worried I only saw 'What?! Robb dies?' and was like, 'Oh dear, this is bad.' then I scrolled down . . . -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    Just got around to catching up on this, and I must say it's been a very good read. Recently I picked up one of the Game of Throne m2tw mods, so now I have a better understanding of the whole universe so I am better able to enjoy the story. Keep up the good work!
    Just read the last chapter. Excellent. That brawl scene made me think for a second that this is the HBO series (haven't read the books yet). This AAR deserves more attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Such a shame this forum has died. Stories like this deserve so much attention. Brilliant writing!
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Sorry for the delay, between work and the heap of new games out recently I've not been able to dedicate much time to this AAR. The mod itself has also packed it in again with the latest update, so I may need to create a new save and play catch-up. I'll get there eventually though, so don't write this AAR off, just be prepared for a bit of a wait!

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

I only found this AAR just now, and I have to say I am really impressed by your writing! I do hope you continue with it, but take your time
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

The Ladies Plight carved through the gloom, drawing ever closer to the black profile of the coast ahead. The sea was strangely calm and the night sky was mirrored upon its surface so that it appeared the two longships sailed across the heavens, snaking their way through thousands upon thousands of stars. Torwin Stronghammer had never been sentimental, but even he could not help but feel awed by his surroundings. The night was so peaceful, disturbed only by the distant sound of the surf breaking upon the beach and the faint impact of muffled oars cutting through water. He felt his eyes close. The smell of the sea filled his nostrils and the gentle breeze was cool against his face. When he crossed over to the Drowned God’s watery realm he hoped a place such as this awaited him. When his eyes opened again the black shape of the coast had crept closer. It would not be long now. He did not feel the usual knot in his stomach, or the tightening in his throat that normally preceded a battle, for he doubted there was much of a fight to be had. He had never heard of Ironborn raiding this far East, and so it seemed unlikely the islanders would be expecting the small hours of the morning to bring with it seventy-two veteran reavers. Even had they been expecting trouble, it wouldn’t make much difference. According to the trader, this was an island of impoverished fisherfolk ruled over by some minor lord and his brood of brats. The killing would be easy. But killing was not why he had come. A sudden crunch interrupted his thoughts as the Ladies Plight lurched its way upwards onto the pebbly beach. Torwin instinctively reached out to steady himself until the longship shuddered to a halt. Dark, spectral shapes rose up around him, their swords and axes rattling against chainmail as they threw down their oars. Tightening his grip upon the warhammer that had become his namesake Torwin took a moment to search the black abyss ahead of him. “Lets go.”

It had taken them far too long, and every second wasted had worsened Torwin’s mood. There had been no explosion of warcries, or sudden rush of spears to greet their landing. Instead they had been challenged by rain clouds. What little light the star-speckled sky had offered had been quickly extinguished, and for hours the raiders had grunted and cursed as they blindly staggered around in relentless drizzle. Eventually one of his men had unwittingly mounted a small ridge, and they had been saved by a distant glimmer of light. Though the sleepy town to which the flickering light had guided them did nothing to improve his disposition. As reward for his loyalty, King Gorold had promised that Torwin could plunder the island and keep whatever loot he might find for himself, but one glance at the cesspit stretching out before him shattered his dreams of riches. It was the only town upon the island and, even through the gloom, it was clear that it was a poor, damp and miserable place. It was nearly enough to make him miss the North. Nearly. They wordlessly trudged through the thick, sloppy mud that made for a pathway, taking care to avoid the various moss-covered stone cottages that emerged from the night in seemingly every shape and size. Torwin felt his mood lessen at the thought that inside each cottage the islanders still slept, unaware that outside the men who would soon be their deaths passed silently by. The anticipation was palpable as his crew hungrily waited to be released, and Torwin had a sudden urge do so to spite his King. Though he did not. Whatever the reasoning behind his task, he sensed it was of far more importance than simple plunder.

Looming out of the night came their beacon. Much like every building so far it was built of stone. However, this one had multiple stories with wax candles flickering in every window. From within came the soft melody of a lute and the low hum of conversation. A tavern, a good place to start. Torwin quickened his pace and his men, sensing his urgency, readied their weapons. Only yards away light suddenly erupted from the doorway and two men staggered from within. One turned and half shouted a farewell back into the tavern, but failed to stay upright and toppled into the mud. His companion, clearly equally as drunk, erupted in laughter as he clumsily helped his friend back to his feet. They slurred some words to each other as they stumbled onwards, before pausing to examine the peculiar sight of the seventy-two heavily armed, mail clad reavers that stood before them. It took only a moment for the pair to sober up and realise their predicament. The man who had moments ago helped his friend now shoved him aside as he turned and struggled to run through the thick mud. Deserted, the other man stood frozen with terror, right up until Torwin casually stepped forward and crushed his skull. The runner made it as far as the tavern entrance before a throwing axe buried itself in the nape of his neck. Momentum carried him forward and he managed another step before crashing back through the oaken door from which he had come. The lute ended abruptly and the room fell silent as its bewildered occupants watched Torwin step over the violently twitching body. “I’m looking for someone,” he snarled, “a girl.” These last two words seemed awaken the stunned patrons as a number of men, a crew of fishermen by the looks, leapt to their feet. Torwin lifted his hammer, but any fight the crew had in them vanished as a second reaver filled the doorway. His chance for a fight stolen from him, Torwin scowled and rested his bloodied warhammer upon his shoulder. The taverns interior was cramped, its slate floor was covered in dried mud, and various pieces of ship debris had been crudely nailed to the walls. A fire burned low in the corner of the room and Torwin found himself strolling towards its warmth as he sauntered through the assortment of tables and chairs, glaring at each of their occupants in turn. “A bastard girl,” Torwin continued as he stopped and leant over the fireplace, “She’d be a young, pretty thing, with red hair and blue eyes.” A portly man with thinning grey hair suddenly stirred from behind the bar, and Torwin turned sharply to set his cold gaze upon what he guessed to be the innkeeper. “Whoever speaks fastest,” he spoke clearly, his gaze never leaving the terrified innkeeper, “will live longest.”

Dawn had broken and laid bare the isle of Longsister. Windswept moorlands stretched out beneath a horizon of deep blue sea and dark grey clouds. Hardy sheep sheltered from the persistent drizzle beneath small, hidden crags and behind the drystone walls that cut through the heather and bracken to separate the meagre flocks. Upon one such wall rested Torwin. To the dozen reavers that had remained with him, he would have seemed his usual composed self as he used a clump of grass to clean the dried blood from his hammer. Though in truth, the plumes of smoke that now twisted up from Gimbleton had made his stomach turn. He had ordered that the town not be razed until he had returned, but he had clearly been ignored and now it would not be long before the entire island was alert to their presence. If the bastard girl wasn’t already hiding away inside the local lord’s keep she would be soon. Seastar Beacon was no great stronghold and was likely poorly garrisoned, but even so Torwin did not fancy the prospect of a siege. It could only be a matter time before word of the attack spread, and reinforcements would surely come from the other islands, or worse, from the Vale of Arryn.

A crash sounded from behind, and Torwin could not resist looking over his shoulder to see the half-rotten door splinter beneath the weight of one of his men. A horse whinnied nervously as the three reavers tasked with searching the stables rushed through the doorway. Torwin forced himself to look away, deciding that looking could only harm the chances of the bastard girl being within, and returned to staring at the distant fires that engulfed the town from which they had travelled. He could imagine the shivering, pale bodies of those they had chosen to make thralls watching as the fire swallowed up their homes. For a moment he thought he could hear their weeping and the crackling of the flames, but quickly realised that the noise had come from behind and that boots now squelched their way across the paddock towards him. He willed himself not to turn, instead deciding to focus all his attention upon the task of of cleaning his warhammer. The boots drew closer and closer before suddenly stopping before him. The first thing he noticed was the wild and untamed knots of hair, as red as autumn leaves. Her wide eyes, as blue as the summer sea, glared up at him from beneath muck and dirt that did nothing to hide her beauty. She would make a fine salt wife. Though her allure was not why he now laughed. He laughed because his King would be pleased with him, for Torwin had caught himself a wolf.

OOC
    Not much in the way of in-game news, because I'm once again trying to play catch-up thanks to Paradox and their meddling!

While this update obviously didn't exactly play out like this in-game, Jeyne did get turfed out of Longsister and sent somewhere rather unexpected. All this is me filling the gaps to how she got from A to B. Where does she end up you ask? Have patience (a lot of patience apparently), and stay tuned!

Last edited by RoyalNobody; December 06, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Default Re: [CKII:AGOT] THE NORTH REMEMBERS (Updated: 06/12/2013)

Okay.

Late

I

Know.

Sorry about that, great chapter mate! I hope to be seeing more of this AAR, though a thin hope, as I doubt you would continue it after such a hiatus of comments.

Please do continue!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12