Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Expanded Japan (97 new regions, 101 new factions)

Default Re: Expanded Japan mod (83 new regions, 86 new factions)

Could anybody tell me how to make 12 turns per year for this mod? I know I have to edit the startpos.esf and the scripting.lua, but I don't found the right point to do so.

I like the idea behind this mod, but I am unsure whether the changes in it balances well on higher difficulties. I had fun with it when I was playing on normal. On hard however, when the AI spams stacks of armies, having so many castles close to each other does from my experience quickly spin out of control. In one playthrough, Oda started just to waltz over everything. At turn 18 they ran into me. I was playing as the Ikkô-Ikki and started with one province not so far from Oda's starting position. At this point I had conquered three of my neighbors in this region of the map and had quite a substantial army. Oda attacks and destroys two of my undefended castles in one turn, and in the same turn, after taking the castles, attacks my main army. His troops had all "o+" experience, and he himself had four in command. I decimate his force and kills the man himself and three other generals; my own losses are 1/3 waiting to be replenished. I capture back one of the castles, and doing this I see one full army stack coming. I destroy that too, again with 1/3 losses. Then suddenly comes two more full stacked armies, this time half of the troops consists of yari samurai. I realized by then that Oda's capacity to churn out troops is more than double my own capacity to replenish and train, despite having seven castles at this early a turn. Maybe you'll say Oda just have an easy time, but then again one can say that this map does make it quite a lot easier for him and others to snowball.

Another point is that the minor clans may become too powerful, churning out full stack armies from one castle each. When you may be surrounded by four-five clans at a turn's distance from your capital, it is a problem.

Don't know if someone pointed this already, but the Uesugi capital's port is bugged. When someone blockades it, the red range thingy, where enemies are blocked to move, is /WAY/ too big. A lot of land becomes unusable for the enemy.
    I had to restart my Takeda campaign because of this.

Does anyone know how can I fix that?

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

Is it possible to make TWeak see this mod as the default startpos.esf?
    Of course, it would also have to see the other DB changes made by this mod.

I want to make a personal change to create two custom factions (with a buttload of other stuff), and I only really know how to do that via TWeak, and not via editing the esf in the PFM.

I tried to do this a few months ago, but it didn't work (and I dont remember exactly what I did to try it.) So, I figure it's probably best to ask directly, yeah? Haha.

Is it possible to make this mod auto load? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantagruel View Post
    I like the idea behind this mod, but I am unsure whether the changes in it balances well on higher difficulties. I had fun with it when I was playing on normal. On hard however, when the AI spams stacks of armies, having so many castles close to each other does from my experience quickly spin out of control. In one playthrough, Oda started just to waltz over everything. At turn 18 they ran into me. I was playing as the Ikkô-Ikki and started with one province not so far from Oda's starting position. At this point I had conquered three of my neighbors in this region of the map and had quite a substantial army. Oda attacks and destroys two of my undefended castles in one turn, and in the same turn, after taking the castles, attacks my main army. His troops had all "o+" experience, and he himself had four in command. I decimate his force and kills the man himself and three other generals; my own losses are 1/3 waiting to be replenished. I capture back one of the castles, and doing this I see one full army stack coming. I destroy that too, again with 1/3 losses. Then suddenly comes two more full stacked armies, this time half of the troops consists of yari samurai. I realized by then that Oda's capacity to churn out troops is more than double my own capacity to replenish and train, despite having seven castles at this early a turn. Maybe you'll say Oda just have an easy time, but then again one can say that this map does make it quite a lot easier for him and others to snowball.

Another point is that the minor clans may become too powerful, churning out full stack armies from one castle each. When you may be surrounded by four-five clans at a turn's distance from your capital, it is a problem.
    Yeah, I noticed the same. Unofrtunately, the gap between normal and hard is way too extreme. On normal, the AI is way too weak and passive imo. On hard, it snowballs ultra fast and becomes Mordor in no time. Guess it'c cause of the aggressiveness and the cheats. Is there any mod that reduces the cheating on hard and above?

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

1st

A huge congratulations to the Extended Japan Mod team! Your mod came first place in the Total War: Shogun 2 Most Popular Gameplay Tweaks and Miscellaneous Mod category of the 2013 Modding Awards.

Please feel free to quote this post and display the above medal in your OP, sigs etc. if you wish. If you would like to see all the winners of the Modding Awards please view this thread.

Once again a big congratz!

On behalf of the 2013 Modding Award organisers,
    Shankbot de Bodemloze
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

question there: does this make the map in regular larger? Or does that just split the provinces? So I just wonder if the 12 turns a year make s any sense when it doesn make the map larger, just add more provines on it, problem would be too dense borders.

Domesticus

Congratulations! Deserves the top spot "2013"!

I contributed to vote for this beautiful mod.

There will be news in the future?

I'm currently working on my Morning Sun mod so I don't have time to update this mod.

UPDATE: realised I hadn't uploaded the latest version of this mod to TWC. I'd uploaded it to steam but not here.
    Last edited by uanime5; June 07, 2015 at 05:58 AM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Laetus

Default Re: Expanded Japan (97 new regions, 101 new factions)

hey man any chance making sanada clan playable or atleast some guide on how to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tiberius View Post
    hey man any chance making sanada clan playable or atleast some guide on how to do so
    I can't make one clan playable without making another unplayable. You could edit the startpos by removing all the playable factions, then enable Sanada and put this startpos in the tutorial folder. The tutorial uses the first playable faction so it can be used to play as any faction.

the mod not work for me, I put the file in the right folder and the map remained the same both in my last save as the new campaign that started to test remembering that I have no other mods to add regions and clans as much as I have is who leaves the campaign screen more "beautiful" so does anyone know if I did something wrong and I downloaded the link google drive and the file name is expanded_65

Default Re: Expanded Japan mod (24 new regions, 17 new factions)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I've updated this mod. It now has 39 new regions and 31 new factions.
    guy I've downloaded the file and came up with the name of expanded_65 and placed in the correct folder just that my game is not of steam (fault of my stupidity to have spent my money on the Naruto Shippuden ultimate revolution) finally this has something to do with the fact of your mod does not have worked and if so know of any similar to yours that might work?

Laetus

how would i go about doing this for the tutorial to place the sanada

hi there...

whats lastest version with name for files ?

i read there says Tsuchiura (owned by Oda) provinces,do that mean Oda have two city?

But that do not show in my game just only one Owari, and download from here..mod name was expanded_65.pack.

Can i ask for a request for a diplomat..please make a litttle mod for Oda that becomes a vassel for tokugawa and Tokugawa with oda war with imagawa. so all real history :-)

because every time no matter oda always dead after 2-3 turn if choice from hard to legendary,isn't that a bit strang because all know Oda was a mighty clan that took all city and work for Tokugawa,right?

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda♔Shingen View Post
    hi there...

whats lastest version with name for files ?
    expanded_65.pack

i read there says Tsuchiura (owned by Oda) provinces,do that mean Oda have two city?
    There's two factions called Oda. One is in Owari (playable) the other is in Hitachi.

Can i ask for a request for a diplomat..please make a litttle mod for Oda that becomes a vassel for tokugawa and Tokugawa with oda war with imagawa. so all real history :-)
    In 1545 Tokugawa was the ally of Imagawa, not Oda. It wasn't until 1560 they allied with Oda.

Also Oda wasn't the vassal of Tokugawa.

because every time no matter oda always dead after 2-3 turn if choice from hard to legendary,isn't that a bit strang because all know Oda was a mighty clan that took all city and work for Tokugawa,right?
    Oda worked for Oda, not Tokugawa.

@uanime5.

oh i see...now that all okay!...this mod is awesome,i play again shogun 2 because of this..more city = more fun :-)

so..well...thanks for all hard work to make this mod,must says its much much better than vanilla because so few city in so large free region japan.

high five ;-)

I can't get this mod to work for some reason. I've tried deleting and reinstalling. Tried it through steam workshop and manually. No other mods are enabled. Every time I start it shows vanilla. Anyone have any ideas? Would love to give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by diomedesbc View Post
    I can't get this mod to work for some reason. I've tried deleting and reinstalling. Tried it through steam workshop and manually. No other mods are enabled. Every time I start it shows vanilla. Anyone have any ideas? Would love to give this a try.
    I think I might have got it working with another mod that uses this expanded regions....