Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Turn Mod Updated V 1.0 (Fixed Bug) + Looking For Partners

Icon7 Monthly Turn Mod Updated V 1.0 (Fixed Bug) + Looking For Partners

Update: Currently I am at a stalemate with the project. Increasing building/recruitment time would not work without further features otherwise it would compromise gameplay. I had plan out some features but they need to be modified with scripting. Currently, I cannot decompile luac files which I thought was important to the project. Coding is not my expertise, if anyone here are coders as well as having some free time and would want to join the project, please feel free to pm me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Current direction of the project:

1) Radical overhaul of the food supply

2) Radical overhaul of the attitrition effect.

Again, if you are interested on this project, please pm me.

Description: This mod allows the game to be played with one month per turn. Every 3 turns is one season. Enjoy it guys!

Changelog:

v1.0:

1) 1 version of monthly turn mod and 1 version of monthly turn mod + extended campaign all 1640.

2) Fixed bug with crashing family tab including hostages time = 24 months, child birth = 9 months, maximum 4 children.

Credit:

1) Thanks to Spartan for letting me incorporate his "Extended Campaign Mod" into the "Monthy Turn Mod"

2) Thanks to Hedgeknight for letting me modify the uai_campaign_variables table to fix the bug in v1.0

3) Thanks to newt for providing important information on campaign_variables table to fix the bug in v1.0

IMPORTANT:

1) If you already had 'extended campaign mod by Spartan" installed, please remove it and simply replace by this mod because mine contained both the extended campaign and the monthly turn.

2) This mod should be compatible with all other mods.

3) This mod is not save compatible, please start a new campaign to see the effects

Installation: This is just another movie pack mod so download and drop it into your data folder.

Notes:

1) I believe (only base on my speculation) that if you try to make a 2 months/turn mod, it might conflict with the seasons since it takes every 3 months to have 1 season. The original codes might not permit the game to recognize the last season of even-turn. For example, in a 2 months/year --> 1st turn (spring, spring), spring is the season; 2nd turn (spring, summer), the game might be confused here? I have read that someone trying to make a 2 months/year and get funny result like 8 months of winter. Therefore, I believe that 1 month/turn is the most stable one to go compare with 2 months/turn alternative.

2) This is primarily for those who wish to have more turns to play. This does not necessarily make the game longer to win; it makes the game longer to play. Currently, you can beat the game with virtually the same amount of turns like you would without it.
    Last edited by langtutheky; April 13, 2011 at 11:17 AM.

Default Re: 1 month per turn + Spartan's extended campaign

Good work, to both you and Spartan'! I was thinking about this earlier this evening, as I edited startpos.esf to start at an earlier date when the warring states period started, and wondered if it would work well. Good to see that it does!
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

I have been waiting for this mod. Thank you. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by LordVaynard View Post
    I have been waiting for this mod. Thank you. +rep
    Thank you bro

Default Re: One Month Turn Mod (Optional Combination With "Extended Campaign Victory Conditions Mod"

Wow. that was fast! Thanks for the all_1640 1 turn mod
    Say is this save compatible or do I start a new campaign?

Default Re: One Month Turn Mod (Optional Combination With "Extended Campaign Victory Conditions Mod"

Excellent thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by guneden27 View Post
    Wow. that was fast! Thanks for the all_1640 1 turn mod
    Say is this save compatible or do I start a new campaign?
    This is like the extended mod, its not save compatible. I am sorry about that. Please start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by langtutheky View Post
    This is like the extended mod, its not save compatible. I am sorry about that. Please start a new campaign.
    Oh yeah, forgot about that one, none-the-less, something to look forward too in my next campaign. Still have a lot of conquering to do with the Shimazu

i love this mod been waiting forever for iit +rep friend

Sounds good! Will try it out!

Do Generals and characters age at the new rate too?

So we now have what: 1540 - 1640? At twelve turns a year - that's 120 years x 12 - 1440 turns!! Isn't that a little bit much?

Or maybe my maths is completely wrong - it's not my strong suit...
    Last edited by SonOfCrusader76; April 04, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Well 1540 to 1640 is 100 years, so yeah a little off haha. 1200 turns I think.

You just have to take the only 1month/turn mod ( as i did ) then , it's far enough.Combined to the Clan fame mod i got all my time to play campaign as i want.
    Last edited by Froggie38; April 04, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalos View Post
    Well 1540 to 1640 is 100 years, so yeah a little off haha. 1200 turns I think.
    Yes, I was thinking of 1660 for some reason. The actual maths bit was OK...

Edit: So, is anyone noticing any balance issues with building/recruiting/research? Also, do the seasons work properly: three Spring, three Summer, three Autumn and three Winter? What about attrition - doesn't being out 'in the cold' for three turns decimate your armies? And given that there are loads of turns in which to 'turtle' now, isn't the AI's aggressiveness unbalanced? Not having a go - this mod has massive potential.
    Last edited by SonOfCrusader76; April 04, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Edit: So, is anyone noticing any balance issues with building/recruiting/research? Also, do the seasons work properly: three Spring, three Summer, three Autumn and three Winter? What about attrition - doesn't being out 'in the cold' for three turns decimate your armies? And given that there are loads of turns in which to 'turtle' now, isn't the AI's aggressiveness unbalanced? Not having a go - this mod has massive potential.
    Season working fine.This mod doesn't change any balance.And for attrition,i just keep my armies close to cities in winter, soldiers can have a break too :p

Is unit campaign map movement speed/range tweaked at all?

@Megalos

I have bold important infos on my first post, no the generals are aging yearly, there is no need to touch them.

@SonOfCrusader76

There is no alteration to gameplay regarding building/recruitment/research with this mod. I have bold my first post important note regarding tweaking these elements. Basically, there are many overhaul mods out there that could complement with this mod, examples: "Universal AI Mod" decreased AI aggressiveness, "Food requirement, GDP, Happiness/Repression mod v1.07" maintain a healthy economy as well as control reasonable rate in which high tier castles can be built, "Realism" maintain reasonable yumis spwn rate with a change to 2 turns recruitment, "Darthmod" probably had some cool features to add to (haven't test yet).

In general, if I would start on major tweak with building/recruitment/research, I would very likely come to conflict with other popular mod like I already had with Spartan's extended campaign. I view competition as a fine element for individual development but harmful to the cooperation spirit of the society. Therefore, I had an idea to implement mine as well as other popular mods into major overhauls to work with and complement each other (like I did with Spartan's mod) rather than making new changes. However, this is only an ambitious statement, not a guarantee. A lot of work would be needed.

Regarding movement speed/range tweak, interesting idea but it looks to me that moving an army from one province to another take 1 month is reasonable, no? Any research as well as recommendation on historical/realistic troops movement (prefer this sengoku jidai period) would be appreciated for future mod.

I might look into increasing building time, still not promising anything.
    Last edited by langtutheky; April 04, 2011 at 12:34 PM.

True - it's easy to forget that it's not countries, but provinces you're marching across.

I'm going to try it. I was hoping though for a mod that also alters recruiting speed, in this case per season not turn. I use the realism too... should take more than a month to train ashigaru, not to mention samurai.
    Me is Caesar
    Me no care
    Me go recruit
    a legionnaire
    If he die
    Me no cry
    Me go recruit
    another guy!

Since there is currently no other mod that significantly altered the building/recruiting turns, I am now working on a mod to complement the 1month/turn mod by increasing the the turns for building/recruiting to be more realistic and balanced. I am now thinking about adding at least 2 more months for all building/recruitment. If you guys have any suggestion on how many turns you want for the specific building or unit for balance or realism purpose, please tell me

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast