Thread: Darth Mod 8/Darth Formations Compatibility

Default Darth Mod 8/Darth Formations Compatibility

I have the golden edition of RTW (BI included in the DVD) and I have installed the Darth Mod 8 and the Darth Formations. I was wondering if I can also install the BBW with DM8 or do I have to do that separately? If so, could someone give me instructions of how I can install both mods without messing things up? Thanks in advance.

Average British Student

Default Re: Darth Mod 8/Darth Formations Compatibility

Am sorry its DarthMod 8 or BB 7 they both use same files

@gloryofgreece
    don't mix mods. You can use darth formations with my mod.
    Copy the original installation path of rome to have several mods installed seperatly

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

If I copy the original RTW in a new folder and install the BBW, wouldn't I have a problem when I click the desktop icon? How would it recognise each time which mod to use? I tried that with another mod and I had to reinstall the game. I know they are stupid questions but I have moved on with my faction on DM that I'll kill myself if I mess something up and have to start again.

or even easier is to use JSGME but you are in a campaign so you would have to start again.
    http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=687
    instructions for install are with the program.
    saves having loads of rome total war installs and cramping your harddrive.
    you just simply enable or disable the mod that you want to play. easy enough to use and i have about 7 or 8 mods at the minute butthis is the one that im playing.
    you would have to reinstall RTW again but at least you can have many mods at once plus you have gold aswell so it will take only 10-15 minutes to reinstall the game again put make sure you uninstall the creative assembly folder so all mod traces are gone.
    if you decide to do it just copy the save file from the RTW folder so you dont have to start your campaign again.
    might have babbled on about nothing but you want multiple mods and this does it.

Thanks viramur. That's exactly what I was looking for! I'll give it a try right away.

@virmaur
    thanks for the hint
    I remember using JSGME for mods for Silent Hunter 3

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics