Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [TEASER] Daras/Δάρας - an East Roman fortress

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [TEASER] Daras/Δάρας - an East Roman fortress

In my opinion this is very bad post Sertorio.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

OH damm it was intended to be a joke. I apologize to everyone and request it to be deleted. Truly sory.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post

What you see here is our Tribounos (Tribunus) - or to speak in the language of RTW-BI, it is our captain.
    In reality it was therefore the leader of a Numerus.
    Insofar it is no single unit. That a full unit with such a complicated helmet has survived is also unlikely. But concerning single characters it is however quite possible. We have some indication on several artworks that this kind of equipment has survived and that the term of 'Artistic licence' doesn´t fit. At least the modern history goes back to accept an examination of art to an higher degree than it was the case during the last 10 years.

Concerning the shown helmets of our AoD2-Romans we go a strict way and we found a balance between the confirmed Spangenhelmets (yes, many Spangenhelmets are shown in AoD2), however, it would be a mistake to deny that what is shown on art and reliefs between a quite long time frame of the 3rd century to the 7th century AD. After a long evaluation of the figurative material we are developing an helmet for some units what I call an Attic-like or Attic-styled helmet (not exactly an Attic helmet) - also confirmed by specimen. That no parts of an Attic-like helmet were found is by the way a wrong information, which is repreated like a mantra in certain forums.
    Furthermore we also offer an helmet which was in some regions probably one of the most worn helmets - and this was the Bandhelm helmet and a Band-und Spangenhelm helmet. Especially the latter one can be confirmed by a well preserved helmet-finding of the Balkans (6th century) and is shown in the Roman Museum of Mainz (germany). It was classified as "very likely roman" - even if it looks more like a sasanian conical helmet, but cheek flaps and other fittings are indicating that it was modified or even produced by Romans.
    BTW I thought the ridge helmet would still be rarely used in the 6th/7th century, hence my avatar picture. This picture is from concord publishing the army of the exarchate of ravenna.
    The Eastern Romans 330-1461 AD Concord

Last edited by romano britones; June 28, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Oh sweet lordy! Why didn't I notice this preview! Simply amazing AoD2 team. I really like the style of the textures, gives me that solid color yet TV grainy look.
    炸鸡

Impressive. The work you are making with this mod is stunning.

naddum's Avatar Libertus

Can you post some images of the Balkans helmet please?
    and which late period rock releifs are you referring to?
    impressive images :-)
    thanks
    Eran ud Turan - recreating the Iranian, Indian, and Central Asian worlds of late antiquity:
    https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12