Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Release]WotN: The Baltic (Beta 1.5)

Default [Release]WotN: The Baltic (Beta 1.5)

here is WotN Beta 1.5(Gamefront)
    and a mirror site(Deposit Files)
    and torrent file (Legittorrents)
    a bunch of Saxon and frisian mercenary units has had unassigned vertexes fixed. hopefully this would resolve battle CTDs.
    the same units have had added some unit-/info-cards.

as far as i know there should be no campaign CTDs.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 08, 2016 at 09:42 AM.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Release]WotN Beta 1.5

Great! Will there be a link where you can download from other countries? http://www.gamefront.com does not allow.. 403 - Forbidden

which other country...?!
    you should have become familiar with the 403 Forbidden message here at TWC. it is not forbidden as such, just a server message saying something went wrong on their end(bussy).

try again.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    which other country...?!you should have become familiar with the 403 Forbidden message here at TWC. it is not forbidden as such, just a server message saying something went wrong on their end(bussy).try again.
    I'm afraid he's right. Many European countries cannot use Gamefront or Filefront. The best place to upload it might be strategyinformer or a torrent. Look in other mod-threads to see alternatives, like Rapidshare, which also works but requires a premium account. (Otherwise only 1 person can download per day or something like that.)Would really appreciate an alternative link for us poor folk! Love the mod btw!

ok then, as i feel sorry for you continental types with your Schengen police-state denying you acces to information and free stuff...
    i have re-uploaded to Deposit Files, no guarantee for how long they are being kept though.

i primarely use Gamefront as i have an old account there and they keep inactive files for 6 months(unless they changed it again).
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

I made a torrent for everyone who has problems. Will seed for the following two weeks. Hopefully someone will pick it up, eventually.

https://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8522469

excellent, i will be seeding this as well.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great news, downloading right now. I even started to loose hope that new patch would be ever released.

You guys are diamonds! Thanks!

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

hi,

congratulations for this excellent mod. i enjoy my campaign as obodrites, like the atmosphere of this darkage mod and the superb units and the detailed building tree. but i have some suggestions for the faction of the franks especially their settlements like Hannover, norden settlement (?) or Ljouwert/Leeuwarden. from the historical point of view there are much more suited settlements which played a significant role in your time frame.

a. Ljouwert, was first mentioned around 900 and became in the 14th/15th century a trading-town with regional importance.personally i think that the town of Dokkum was more important in this time. it is supposed that st. bonifatio was murdered around 754/755 near Dockinga (today Dokkum). the failed mission of bonifatius is a hint, that dokkum could be seen as a strategic center of the pagan frisians. ljouwert and dokkum are situated in the same region.

b. Groningen was first mentioned as Cruninga/Cruoninga around 1040. so maybe the older and more historical description could be used?

you also have a "norden settlement" on the frisian coast. is this just a placeholder? if you haven't found a proper settlement, i would propose the town of Emden (see second map), first mentioned around 800 as a frisian tradingpost called Amuthon near the little river of Aa/Ehe which mounds into the river Ems. in medieval times the name developed to Emuthon,Embden and finally Emden.

c. in the south you have chosen the town of Hannover, which was called Hanovere in 1150. in the time of Charlemange, the town of Verden (called Ferdi under Charlemange) played a mayor role as an important base and outpost in the saxon wars. you know the massacre of verden in 782, were Charlemange killed the elite of the saxon aristocracy? as a diocese, founded at 800, it was also a very important center of the bloody saxon mission.

d. as an alternative you can also use Lüneburg (called Hliuni in 795 or Luniburc in 959). it was a germanic fortress, which was reused after the frankish occupation. later an abbey was founded there.

another proposal for the norden settlement. in 884 a frisian settlement called Nordhunwig was destructed by vikings, that could be the modern town of Norden on the northern coast of germany. there was also a battle at Norditi were the frisians were victorious against the vikings. but it isn't clear were this Norditi was. but in general i think Nordhunwig or Norditi are better than the present description.

last proposal: the town of bremen was first mentioned as Bemun in 937. so i think Bremun would be more historic for this town

maybe you could use some of this information for the next patch?

greetings serapio.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map frankish settlements.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	280308

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Norden & Emden.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	280374
    Last edited by Serapio; June 02, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

awesome, is there a new changelog by any chance, didnt know this was still in devlopement.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

it is very unlikely that any changes will be made to the map or any other majort part. in fact this is likely the final patch for me.
    i have not played M2TW in years and is not tempted to spend more hour moding it.
    any future additions and fixes will have to be made by the M2TW community, you are welcome.

this patch maily contain fixed battlemodels, i left the changelog in the data folder.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

ok, understand. so there is no no active wotn-team anymore?

no there does not seem to be an active development team, has not been since Ulfhedin went of.
    i took the initiative to release as much as i could in the beta.

there are numerous things that could have been expanded greatly.
    -scripted events
    -historical characters
    -the traits
    -the religious tension
    -the Emperor(pope)
    -event images
    -buildig and unit description images
    -settlement/region names and locations/borders
    -resources
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

thank you for the update!

btw, this info should be announced on the homepage of twc

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    thank you for the update!

btw, this info should be announced on the homepage of twc
    I agree. By the way Absinthia, I told you about the crash it was 1.3, not 1.5, let's see if it crashes now.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

thanks for uploading on gamefront
    +rep

St. Imperator's Avatar Civis

Downloading now!

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Is this the full mod or do you have to have 1.3.2 installed first?
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

WOO-*********G-HOO!!!!! This will make my summer oh so much more amazing <3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast