Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Release]WotN: The Baltic (Beta 1.5)

Default Re: [Release]WotN Beta 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
    Is this the full mod or do you have to have 1.3.2 installed first?
    it is full mod.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Links for unused units are dead, what about permissions to use beta 1.5 units in other mods?

Laetus

I made kind of a review of the 1.5 version so you can go and check it out if you want.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLgMGUlSWW0

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great job! Too bad that there is nobody improving this amazing mod anymore.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; September 04, 2013 at 05:21 AM.

so is mod dead?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

As you can see the version 1.5 beta has been released and is quite stable and playlable so the mod could not be dead untill people play it but it seems that nobody from the official mod team is working on it anymore.

does that need older version

It's very disappointing that this mod is not active any more, because it had really great potential. But i hope it changes overtime and somebody is gonna work with it.

Yet still...i have some questions/suggestions:

faction limit... is it all reached out? Because the seems to be only 17 playable factions, and on this massive map there should be quite a few more factions, mainly inland. So that the map doesn't look so empty.

What about England? I've red somewhere that there was english factions in the previous releases? why did it got removed?

Is there a reason the economy in this mod seems utterly broken? Even if you disband your army entirely you still barely break even.

I think it's to give you motivation to go on raids overseas, not to sit at home and do nothing. You can get veeeeery rich by looting cities. I was playing with Curonians (very nice starting position and units, I suggest) and went over Baltic sea to raid Denmark and France.

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

You must raid to be a true Viking! I am doing some edits to this mod to make a couple of the factions more finished and enjoyable (increase movement on campaign map is a must). I have not played enough to know if trade increases much later on? But the mod is incomplete of course. I would like to get the trade resources on the ground :/ . Really a shame this mod did not finish as it has so much promise--I like the big map and love the units.

Perhaps we can lobby the Great Conflicts modders and others to expand into a full Western Europe Dark Age mod, once they release the Mediterranean mod that is. It would be great to play from Tours/Poitiers into the many Norse raids/trades/travels, and the continuing war of Christian-Islam in Spain and the Mediterranean.
    Last edited by gilgalad; March 15, 2014 at 06:30 AM.

the modders should watch the new Vikings series to get the inspiration to work on this mod back!
    ~Signature removed~

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Not really, this is a history based mod, Vikings is a history inspired series.

Is there a way to switch on this whole "black fog of war" thing like in Kingdoms and Broken Crescent mod ??? Coz i would really like to explore this map like a true Viking
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Disregard RTW2 - acquire Europa Barbarorum 2.

Hey, CA - "Get Woke Go Broke" !

Proud owner of white skin and a penis - bite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
    Is there a way to switch on this whole "black fog of war" thing like in Kingdoms and Broken Crescent mod ??? Coz i would really like to explore this map like a true Viking
    You'll need the map_fog.tga file from a mod that has the extreme fog of war, it is located in ths "mod"/data/world/maps/base folder. Just copy the file and paste it into the same place in whatever mod you want it in.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    You'll need the map_fog.tga file from a mod that has the extreme fog of war, it is located in ths "mod"/data/world/maps/base folder. Just copy the file and paste it into the same place in whatever mod you want it in.
    Thanks a lot, it's a really good addition, is there anyway to export this to Rome TW?

how do ye install on steam

I tried the fog of war, but now the complete north is fisible and the south has fog of war :S anyone know how to fix it?

new link for mod torrent-file has been added in first post, i will be seeding as long as it takes.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Morthrug's Avatar Laetus

The economy IS broken. It makes no sense to have so high costs when it comes to army upkeep. Who says that one unit of rabble with spears costs 5 years of a village's income? It's pointless and breaks immersion.

Plus, rebel generals use muslim portraits. Gross!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast