Thread: (in progress) extracting the cloth map.

Default (in progress) extracting the cloth map.

So I am currently working on obtaining a copy of the drawn map in FOTS.
    The map is contained in the green colour layer that can be extracted as part of BMP file from the supertexture files (stdp / stdi)

Crux3d awhile back, wrote this tool - only thing is it was made a long time ago, so am thinking there is not a lot of hope for an update
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rtexture-tool)

The updated version does not seem to work with the FOTS super texture files it generates a height map just fine, but the "colour" is just left black without any colour layer info.
    Here is a link to an outdated version that seems to extract the right bitmap with colours from the FOTS supertexture
    program.rar

With this tool I manged to create this (small version, original is massive) image, the only issue being the massive holes in it. These were chunks the program was unable to extract. I have tried all I know to try to exract them. I am wondering if anyone else out there, is interested in help me finish this, since it's soooo close to being complete and whole. I know it should be possible to extract these chunks as the "preview" function doesnt have these holes in its map, meaning the data is there and can be read. :: S
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

On that note, does anyone know if the CA Assembly tools "campaign reprocessing" allows for the opening or extracting of the super texture files, I cant find any documentation on what tool they even want you to use to do such a thing... though they say the tools should let you theoretically create a new map, but the only tools I can find are DAVE and BOB... does anyone know if they just updated TED and packaged it into that?

Thanks for your time.

Default Re: (in progress) extracting the cloth map.

success!!! okay got the whole thing extracted. Apparently the program wont run properly of 64 bit windows 7, but runs just fine (the updated version) on windows xp 32 bit. So to anyone else that cares about this, thats the solution ^^

mentecato's Avatar Civis

good!!

Hello,

I need to edit the unexplored campaign map of Shogun 2 (along with its DLC's). I guess, this topic is the thing i've searched for.
    As a newbie, i barely understand what is going on here. Could you tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance,

uçan erişte