Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    A new upload to correct minor animation issues has been updated.

detail please see here

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...post2053533623

There has been a delay on the upload, it is finally ready on ModDB.
    Last edited by parthian shot; June 22, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

New unit card and unit info are posted on TWorg.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumd...azon-Total-War
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

I'm getting a bunch of errors saying there are missing graphical files, and fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Christoph XVIII View Post
    I'm getting a bunch of errors saying there are missing graphical files, and fix for this?
    There shouldn't be, so another possibility is that you did not have a clean install.

If you still have the latest download file, might be a good idea to rename the current Amazons Total War directory to something else and then extract the download file to a temp directory first, not directly to the Rome Total War directory.
    Once the files are extracted to the temp folder, copy or drag/drop the "AmazonsTW-Refulgent" directory over to the Rome Total War directory, the file set up is complete.

For Steam set up please refer to the special section of the read me folder.

There shouldn't be, so another possibility is that you did not have a clean install.

If you still have the latest download file, might be a good idea to rename the current Amazons Total War directory to something else and then extract the download file to a temp directory first, not directly to the Rome Total War directory.
    Once the files are extracted to the temp folder, copy or drag/drop the "AmazonsTW-Refulgent" directory over to the Rome Total War directory, the file set up is complete.

For Steam set up please refer to the special section of the read me folder.
    Did a clean install and renamed the file and it seems to be working fine now, thanks parthian

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Christoph XVIII View Post
    Did a clean install and renamed the file and it seems to be working fine now, thanks parthian
    Very Welcome!
    Do you know we have moved to a new development website? Since you are one of the campaign testers, feel free to check out the new location.

Just got to installing this mod again and played around with it a little bit, glad to see this is still being worked on!

One thing I've always wondered is, why are some of the units with incredibly long descriptions, and then others are more to the point? I also feel like each of the 4 Amazon factions was written by someone else, as they have differing layouts and some are just full of history, where as others have the history as well as advice as what to do.

Also I suspect the experienced rebels, and large rebel armies, is a balance mod tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    Just got to installing this mod again and played around with it a little bit, glad to see this is still being worked on!

One thing I've always wondered is, why are some of the units with incredibly long descriptions, and then others are more to the point? I also feel like each of the 4 Amazon factions was written by someone else, as they have differing layouts and some are just full of history, where as others have the history as well as advice as what to do.

Also I suspect the experienced rebels, and large rebel armies, is a balance mod tweak?
    The text was written by me with some originally from Subrosa (used with her permission of course) and modified upon.
    It is not written by four people, but the story line was revised so many times it could appear so.
    The long description units are the core units, they are from my original Sarmatian Amazon mod in 2005.
    But then I added higher tier and lower tier units, my partner Pea did the animation somewhat different from the original description, so I quickly re-wrote the description to get the release done.
    We then had Celeste helping with the text, but before she was able to revise (just correct the sentence structure) the text, she was pulled to add changes to my script instead.
    Now we have Dragour doing proof-reading and when he finishes with the work, and the text revised according to his recommendation, the description should be more "consistent".
    The four Amazons stories were intentionally different in description layout, because we would like to convey the differences of the four factions, not the commonalities of the four. Some of factions have no advice in the story because there really is no advice which can be reliably working. And then I move the mod from small map to extended map, and factions like Thermodon Amazonia has two separate domains she has to defend, so all the previous strategy advice text are thrown out of the window.
    Taking the same Thermodon Amazonia for example, besides the map changes, the faction underwent about 30 major tactical changes.

Such as:

1. relying more on chariots, archers, and cavalry units than spear/sword infantry. The recognition is that because in close quarter combat, women have the disadvantage against equally trained infantry.
    2. added Quest capability, so Thermodon Amazonia can recruit advanced units once her Quest is fulfilled. This complicated the description for both the units and the faction.
    3. The faction is no longer the primary faction of the Amazons as it used to be. Because the mod now has a world view of the Amazons (from both Anthropology and History), not just what Greeks said about the Amazons (the Amazons they came in contact with are mostly from Thermodon and West Asia Minor). In short, Amazon Total War mod is a grand view about Equestrian Matriarchal Society and PIE (Proto-Indo-European) people.

On Renegades:

I am not exactly sure what you mean by balanced mod tweak. But the difference between Amazons Total War and other mods (at least until 7.0 was released), is that rebel is not rebel, they are either renegade provinces, or minor factions (that we ran out of faction entries in the faction table to represent). So there must be reason and force behind it to justify its existence. Take Massagetae for example, on map, it is depicted as a "rebel" region, but in history it was once a formidable empire, and from time to time could be a province of the Seleucid. In many other mods, the region is represented with a few spear and peasant units, perhaps plus a cavalry unit. But in the Amazon Total War mod, the region's existence must be justified, so you would see a very strong army complete with level three war machines. This is not true for all the regions, in some remote regions, you would still see the force being small and "conventional".

Hope this post answers your questions.

Do you know our development team has moved to a new development website? Please feel free to check out the new location.

Last edited by parthian shot; June 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

I see! I tried the Quest Campaign a little bit, but it doesn't seem to allow saving/loading? Maybe I hadn't done something right however.

I also note the mod still sometimes crashes to desktop, though the first time was my fault (not having patched the game) but it just crashed now when my turn rolled around. I didn't get an error, but it just crashed not too sure why. I was only being sieged by some Greeks and Armenians, playing as Goethe.

Offhand, I like the Goethe. Although I am a bit sad none of them actually specialize in infantry, as I've always preferred using infantry. Cavalry aren't bad, but they require more management, and I sometimes like to just sit back, zoom in, and watch the carnage unfold.

If the campaign does not allow saving or loading of game, there is something wrong with your installation.

If you have the time, please go over the bug report section, and there might be prior case that can help you to narrow down your problem.

The same goes for the crash in campaign mode, it usually indicates that the mod is looking for an animation file but unable to do find it.

Amazon is about mobility, stand-off capability, and firepower. Some players think this is too "powerful", but the real problem is the AI does not know how to fully cope with such tactics. Infantry as well as hand-to-hand combat of equally trained unit is not a strong suit for the Amazons.
    What I mean by that is you can successfully pit a better trained Amazon infantry unit against a less trained unit, if both sides are similarly equipped and trained, Amazon is not going to win because of it weaker attack rating against comparable units.

If the campaign does not allow saving or loading of game, there is something wrong with your installation.

If you have the time, please go over the bug report section, and there might be prior case that can help you to narrow down your problem.

The same goes for the crash in campaign mode, it usually indicates that the mod is looking for an animation file but unable to do find it.

Amazon is about mobility, stand-off capability, and firepower. Some players think this is too "powerful", but the real problem is the AI does not know how to fully cope with such tactics. Infantry as well as hand-to-hand combat of equally trained unit is not a strong suit for the Amazons.
    What I mean by that is you can successfully pit a better trained Amazon infantry unit against a less trained unit, if both sides are similarly equipped and trained, Amazon is not going to win because of it weaker attack rating against comparable units.
    Alright I'll take a look. I don't think I messed up the installation anywhere, but it wouldn't be the first time (My first install I accidently overwrote all the files of base Rome, oops...)

I guess that makes sense. In my time as Goethe, I pretty much won because the AI just stood there and took all the arrows until they died. But to be fair, I did put it on Easy/Easy, so maybe the AI turned off it's ability to actually react to ranged fire. That or maybe I hadn't set something up right, and the mod isn't properly functioning.

Just in case people are missing the answers for the above issues.

They are listed over here
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...post2053534619

An emergency fix is being uploaded, this is to resolve the problem with the missing Amazon character
    The missing character can cause undefined pointer and system crash.

In addition, some place names have been changed to prepare for the 450BC quest campaign.

Will post when upload is completed.

An emergency fix is being uploaded, this is to resolve the problem with the missing Amazon character
    The missing character can cause undefined pointer and system crash.

In addition, some place names have been changed to prepare for the 450BC quest campaign.

Will post when upload is completed.
    Upload has been completed after three try, download address is at OP.

A new release is published on ModDB

1. with some new unit cards added by WheeliePaul
    2. Pea's new Amazonia Hoplite models, and Amazon Spearwoman models, with textures for the mercenary and slave variants.
    3. new armor textures for Elite Scouts with more metalic body armors.
    4. adjusted spear placement so some spear units have the butt-spike on the ground when standing still.
    5. spear units' shield angles have been changed so as not to run into the upper arm in some animation.

OP has the download link.

A new release is published on ModDB

1. with some new unit cards added by WheeliePaul
    2. Pea's new Amazonia Hoplite models, and Amazon Spearwoman models, with textures for the mercenary and slave variants.
    3. new armor textures for Elite Scouts with more metalic body armors.
    4. adjusted spear placement so some spear units have the butt-spike on the ground when standing still.
    5. spear units' shield angles have been changed so as not to run into the upper arm in some animation.

OP has the download link.
    Pea has sent in a second path fix to change the texture for the amazon spear units. The upload is now at ModDB.

Because our download hub at Exilian is not working at the moment, download at OP has been redirected to totalwar.org.

Also the third link for download at SI is down since last week.

New Amazons Total War changes are being uploaded right now.

Changes include

- Pea's animation correction on Boetian Helmet brim issue
    - Pea's animation correction on Amazon border horse archer and frontier's cavalry hair texture changing to chain mail
    - Pea's animation correction on the same units with new hair anim-element.
    - Cel's re-balance rebel and mercenary adjustment.
    - replacement of obsolete unit cards and unit tiles.
    - corrected Amazon Virgin Cavalry not available for recruit at higher tier cavalry stable building problem.
    - changing start up Far East Celt's cavalry configuration to be less powerful.
    - infrastructure re-adjustment for 4th campaign on the campaign menu.
    - replacement of unit tiles which are blocky looking.
    - slightly changed Amazon character roster.
    - new elephant tower units.
    - adjusted sky dome color table.
    - new model table layout to prep LOD.
    - medium LOD test models for intermediate range using proprietary maximum->minimum component reduction method.

New LOD based animation is now uploaded at ModDB, with high-end model polygon rendering cut down by 43%.

Models with LODs are

- Amazon Warband, Geothe Serf Lanciarii, Meroe Kentake Guard
    - Amazon Peltasts, all factions
    - Amazon Militia Cavalry, all factions
    - Amazon Charioteers, all faction, including Armenia
    - Amazon Septum units,
    - Amazon Round Shield Cavalry
    - Sarmatian Virgin Cavalry
    - Amazon Xiphos Cohort, Geothe Grenadier Cohort
    - Amazon Pathfinder
    - Amazon Armored Standard Bearer
    Last edited by parthian shot; July 05, 2013 at 09:37 PM.

Just started uploading a mod file containing the Armageddon Quest Campaign, this is the new addition to enable AI to play against the human player on a level playing field.
    Last edited by parthian shot; July 06, 2013 at 10:44 PM.