Thread: "You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder."

Default "You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder."

I've looked all around but I can't manage to find the solution.
    I bought Rome Total War Gold Edition off of steam.
    When it was done downloading I copied and made another Rome Total War folder outside of Programs Files (x86).
    Started the Roma Surrectum II setup and used the folder I just made for the mod.
    And now whenever I try to start I get these three messages

[ErrorReports]
    Error1/3=You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder. (C:\roma)
    Error2/3=Engine: RomeTW.exe, Faction campaign:
    Error3/3=In total: 'RomeTW.exe -show_err -nm -movie_cam'

What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: "You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder."

anyone? I have no clue why it's not working. And I followed instruction videos right down to the period.

First of if you have gold edition you should be using BI.exe not RTW.exe. Try using the RS2_BI batch file in your main rome total war directory.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

I'm sorry I'm technologically retarded, but what do you mean "try using the Rs2_BI batch file"?

I got everything to work kinda but now when I try to start a Macedon campaign using the "RomeTW-BI.exe" it starts up a black screen with a bunch of computer talk and then a little while later it says "Problem starting up Steam" Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    First of if you have gold edition you should be using BI.exe not RTW.exe. Try using the RS2_BI batch file in your main rome total war directory.
    Can someones tell me how to install the mod, I;ve got the screen up though it comes up with the three errors above ?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

If you are using a Steam version of RTW, RS2 will not work at all. Steam broke RTW...in the sense that some mods will no longer work. RS2 is one of them.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    If you are using a Steam version of RTW, RS2 will not work at all. Steam broke RTW...in the sense that some mods will no longer work. RS2 is one of them.
    There was an update that broke it? I played a couple of months ago and it worked fine, now I am getting the same problem these other gentlemen are getting.

im having same problem as above same messages and im trying with BI and its not steam version its disk.