Thread: Mp campaign?

Biarchus

Default Mp campaign?

Has a mp campaign been tested at all with this mod?

Default Re: Mp campaign?

i remember somebody mentioning to test it fine, but personally i didnt so far, even though, must say, having human person as an enemy could greatly improve game experience ER4 provides.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    i remember somebody mentioning to test it fine, but personally i didnt so far, even though, must say, having human person as an enemy could greatly improve game experience ER4 provides.
    Thanks Jam. I guess CA are giving out beta keys again. A steam friend of mine is going to try and get one. We will definitely give the mp campaign a whirl using this mod. I'll let you know if there are any problems. Great mod, btw.

As a healthy reminder you might want to consider houseruling some battle rules if necessary should there be notable skill difference between the players, in order to keep it more fair at least when it comes to player vs AI faction battles. I have personally ran into that problem few times when playing ER MP pvp custom battle with a friend or even two.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

I have been playing two er4 multiplayer campaigns with one of my friends. Both times we stopped about roughly 50 -60 turn, cause of bug problems. Somethings i have experienced, and it seems that the smoke/blood mod makes battles desync in multiplayer. also remember to let the person who is not the host save the game. For some reason the campaign goes desync at some time, when its the host who saves it. It shows by you suddenly can't play battles with each other even though the settings is set to play battles, you can see the battle setup but you cant press play the battle button. Also experienced that we suddenly were playing two diffrent games where the AI in my game had taken an area in america, and on my friends side, the area was still under its former ruler. The most importen thing is to remember to savegame alot, maybe every turn or every second turn.
    Hope it helps... :-)
    And sorry my bad english...

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Thanks Jam. I guess CA are giving out beta keys again. A steam friend of mine is going to try and get one. We will definitely give the mp campaign a whirl using this mod. I'll let you know if there are any problems. Great mod, btw.
    About the CD-keys, SEGA of the America is giving out the keys. I managed to get one from their customer support, SEGA of Europe doesn't give em out.

that explains why i didn't got it..

Just found this! Now it seems CA is giving out CD-keys for MP campaigns again.
    http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/empire-multiplayer/

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    I have been playing two er4 multiplayer campaigns with one of my friends. Both times we stopped about roughly 50 -60 turn, cause of bug problems. Somethings i have experienced, and it seems that the smoke/blood mod makes battles desync in multiplayer. also remember to let the person who is not the host save the game. For some reason the campaign goes desync at some time, when its the host who saves it. It shows by you suddenly can't play battles with each other even though the settings is set to play battles, you can see the battle setup but you cant press play the battle button. Also experienced that we suddenly were playing two diffrent games where the AI in my game had taken an area in america, and on my friends side, the area was still under its former ruler. The most importen thing is to remember to savegame alot, maybe every turn or every second turn.
    Hope it helps... :-)
    And sorry my bad english...
    Thanks for the info Sixt, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, even my steam friend,who is in the US, has yet to receive his key. So I have not been able to play a mp campaign. Bad luck, because this is a very good mod. P.s. your English is fine, you write it better than I do!

Sixt's Avatar Civis

An update on this.
    I played 10 hours yesterday with one of my friends, with the full package of ER 4.4 plus Enlarged flags mod, diggys musket sounds, a cannon sound mod, and Trom Flags mod.
    I were hosting the game with a new fast router, and a faster internet connection than usual (40/5) and we only had one crash, where my computer suddenly lost the connection to the internet, properly not caused by the game. So it seems that a faster connection is the key to a stabble empire tw multiplayer campaign.