Thread: Easy Launcher

Default Easy Launcher

Easy Launcher

Games like Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 have made harder not only the modding but also the running of the mods. Players often feel the ugly experience that they have to be modders themselves in order to install and run their favorite mod(s). Soon, the game installation is fool of several mod files causing crashes and the re-installation of the game is not a rare case at all. These problems can be reduced significantly with the use of a launcher which is able to automate the procedure. Creating a launcher is my most favorite modding work (well.. after startpos editing...). Some of the most popular mod use one of my launchers and that helped me in getting know better the needs of the players for running a mod and maintain the game/mod installation unharmed. For some time now, I was working on making a utility that would speed up the procedure of creating a launcher and would save me a lot of time by automating some of the coding routines. On the way I decided to expand further this utility and offer it to the community.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Easy Launcher is a “developing” tool that will help the user make a launcher for a mod in a few minutes, without the need of entering a single line of code or scripting! All you need to have is a... working mod! The produced launcher will run mod easily, with only one.. click!

Easy Launcher futures:

• Creates a launcher for any mod Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 Total War games, in just a few minutes.
    • Friendly user interface and detailed documentation.
    • No need of coding or scripting.
    • Fully customizable produced launcher. Add your own background image, music, etc.
    • Add easily campaigns and options menus.
    • Easy sub-modding.

Created Launcher futures:

• Powerful and friendly user interface.
    • Click'n'play.
    • Can handle unlimited campaigns and options.
    • Creates/edits game's user script automatically.
    • Check game's data folder utility.
    • Keeps backup and restores vanilla files if needed.
    • Auto or manual game start.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Produced launcher are more powerful and simpler than those used by American Civil War or Empire DarthMod, which are considered my best launchers.

Please post your posts only in Empire's thread!

Easy Launcher is not addressed only to modders. It is suitable to for the players as well , who want to use a mod or a combination of mods they like. With Easy Launcher players can make a fancy launcher where they would be able to enable/disable and run those mods with one click!

Installation

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?601995-Easy-Launcher&p=12877924&viewfull=1#post12877924

Please post your posts for Napoleon and Shogun 2 in Empire's thread!
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM.