Thread: Most Decisive War in History

Default Most Decisive War in History

I've been thinking about this lately. I tried recently to search the thread title on google, but only resulted in decisive battles. So I wanted to ask the most excellent historical scholars of TWC, what is the most decisive war in history? I don't just mean ancient history--antiquity and medieval and such, but modern ones too. Explanation and analysis are very very welcome. :]

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Most Decisive War in History

Pig War

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Libertus

World War 2 definitely. USA established as world power, having since ravaged the earth with it's meaningless wars. Since then, decline of culture, rise of globalism, individualism, corrupt governments, media as a political tool, consumerism and a sick world without honor and respect. Probably the biggest global affecting change for many hundreds of years. Much of mankinds history eventually thrown away as cultures die and the earth becomes big gray mess. Very saddening.

But this is also why I have a huge interest and fascination in history, because of the knowledge that it has not always been like this. Oh how much I'd give to have been born earlier.

Need I say more?

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

This is not about a Uni class in some way, so I am closing this. Go to the VV for a thread like this.