Thread: Crashing

Default Crashing

Oi, around turn 80 it started to crash, every time I end my turn the game crashes, it is whilst the Independent (rebel) Faction is doing their actions, just before the new turn starting, it crashes, I load again and end my turn, then it works, so I'm still able to play properly, but it's annoying every time I end my turn I have to open the bloody client again and end it again.

Edit: now it's crashing every time, I can't keep on playing. I believe I'm playing the 1.3.2 version.

I also would like to know why every time I open the game, the options settings are always reset, I know it's probably some file is marked as read only, but which file?

There is the save file and the error log, if anyone would like to check.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; May 24, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    Oi, around turn 80 it started to crash, every time I end my turn the game crashes, it is whilst the Independent (rebel) Faction is doing their actions, just before the new turn starting, it crashes, I load again and end my turn, then it works, so I'm still able to play properly, but it's annoying every time I end my turn I have to open the bloody client again and end it again.

Edit: now it's crashing every time, I can't keep on playing. I believe I'm playing the 1.3.2 version.

I also would like to know why every time I open the game, the options settings are always reset, I know it's probably some file is marked as read only, but which file?

There is the save file and the error log, if anyone would like to check.
    As I see, there is something wrong with crusade. Is it possible to call crusade ?

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    As I see, there is something wrong with crusade. Is it possible to call crusade ?
    No, as far as I know there is no papacy, however, I believe they probably forgot to remove the AI's capability of calling Crusades, and without a Pope, that is probably the reason it leads to a crash.

No, as far as I know there is no papacy, however, I believe they probably forgot to remove the AI's capability of calling Crusades, and without a Pope, that is probably the reason it leads to a crash.
    Not exactly, in the campaign_script.txt it´s possible for faction franks (hre).

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Papacy and crusades were readded to the game in the last patch. Maybe you have noticed that there are two Frankish factions in game one unplaylable coded as papacy (representing papacy) and other one playlable coded as HRE (representing carolingian empire). The HRE Frankish faction is set up to have the best relations possible with the pope that they are able to call crusade whenever they want.

So, quite interesting idea, but not enough tested. This could kill campaign definitively.

Is there some way for me to destroy that in the files? I don't want to stop playing this great mod due to the fact it's left for dead and unlikely anyone will fix it any time soon.

Is there some way for me to destroy that in the files? I don't want to stop playing this great mod due to the fact it's left for dead and unlikely anyone will fix it any time soon.
    I think, that author of the script "crusade" is propably absinthia. I saw his specific questions on Mod Workshop forum. Have all developers WotN lost interest ? First try to ask them.
    Last edited by one day; May 29, 2013 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    I think, that author of the script "crusade" is propably absinthia. I saw his specific questions on Mod Workshop forum. Have all developers WotN lost interest ? First try to ask them.
    I asked them some days ago, got no answer. Some other team should continue working on this, as it's one of the best mods I've ever played. The only one you get the feeling of Dark Ages.

Oi, around turn 80 it started to crash, every time I end my turn the game crashes, it is whilst the Independent (rebel) Faction is doing their actions

1.3.2 should bee the most recent patch before 1.5, it was formerly known as 1.4 but were re-named in confusion...
    if there is a campaign CTD involving the papal-function i am very sorry, but it is nothing i plan to venture into fixing. the reason being i am done with M2TW.
    M2TW moding is rather wel documanted here at TWC and removing the papal-state and the tiny script connected to it would not take much research. if that indeed would solve any crashes then a user-released patch is most welcome.

I asked them some days ago, got no answer. Some other team should continue working on this, as it's one of the best mods I've ever played. The only one you get the feeling of Dark Ages.
    even bether if someone found the mod interesting enough a concept to expand upon and polish. WotN was released by the skin of its teeth, and on my part much in the hopes that someone might take an interest in it once available to play.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    1.3.2 should bee the most recent patch before 1.5, it was formerly known as 1.4 but were re-named in confusion...
    if there is a campaign CTD involving the papal-function i am very sorry, but it is nothing i plan to venture into fixing. the reason being i am done with M2TW.
    M2TW moding is rather wel documanted here at TWC and removing the papal-state and the tiny script connected to it would not take much research. if that indeed would solve any crashes then a user-released patch is most welcome.

even bether if someone found the mod interesting enough a concept to expand upon and polish. WotN was released by the skin of its teeth, and on my part much in the hopes that someone might take an interest in it once available to play.
    I'll learn how and become a modder, just because of this mod, it deserves my time and I want it fully fixed. Talk to you in some months.

I'll learn how and become a modder, just because of this mod, it deserves my time and I want it fully fixed. Talk to you in some months.
    Brave decision, good luck. I ´ve done the same with another mod. Maybe pity, there are too few players for too many good mods. And competetive TW Rome II. is comming too.