Thread: Hegemonia Recruiting Thread

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

Default Hegemonia Recruiting Thread

Hello to everyone and thanks for keeping an eye to this old wreck mod
    Since i find it very difficult to end this on my own ,at least at the present time, i hope for some people
    to join the team and give at least a proper Beta without crushes.
    How things are and what has to be done...
    Thankfully with the help of Aradan the Great i have a plane mod folder with the HEG map
    the work that has to be done is to move all the progress from Beta 0.99 to this one step by step
    this requires a lot of patience since it is not a creative work but a boooooring work
    so any of you who has any modding skill and afcourse time and loves HEG and want to see it one day done
    just leave a post below with what can you do on modding and if we gather enough people (4-5 will do)
    we will form a team and start working on it.
    there are no deadlines no hurry and no agony
    Jarlaxe

p.s: any posts that are not for recruit will be deleted
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Hegemonia Recruiting Thread

Well I've already pledged myself to the cause. Skill are almost non existent - but will work on historical/cultural messages and with guidance will do boring coding stuff.

Hi to the team
    I can make some models, a few not many i dont have much time , if the team needs help to this area.
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; May 22, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    Hi to the team
    I can make some models, a few not many i dont have much time , if the team needs help to this area.
    hello morfeasnikos
    the models for HEG are all done , except some new buildings models that will be needed for the rest of the cities after we manage to create a stable BETA
    we mostly need to recode all the work that HEG has until now to avoid this "one mistake" that no one can find and crashes the mod all the time
    thanks for your offer
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxe View Post
    hello morfeasnikos
    the models for HEG are all done , except some new buildings models that will be needed for the rest of the cities after we manage to create a stable BETA
    we mostly need to recode all the work that HEG has until now to avoid this "one mistake" that no one can find and crashes the mod all the time
    thanks for your offer
    I thank you for your time

I agree, stability , and the gameplay r the most important things.
    i will be waiting for the final Game.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

My moding skill does not go far beyond editing stats, adding units and implementing RS environments. Still if there is anyway i can help count me in. I am presently betatesting one mod. You got my support.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

Hello, count me in , as long as we gona stay to Historical accuracy for that era. In the past I had create many custom graphics for Rome along with mix with modyfied cas files for shields and helmes. I know that in Rome II the engine that will followed is similar to NTW and STW , with atlas files dds. I have plenty knowledge in those files, yoy can found my prv mod in NTW sector to see what I have done in the past. If you are aware and you are interesting count me IN , I'll love to work in a Hellenistic project, so I'm assign if you like .
    (prv messages in Greek if you may)
    Thanks.

Some news about the development ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Hey there! How's the project coming?
    I'm expecting to have a bit of free time in the next while and could probably help out if there are still things to be done.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

any news?

I would love to help this mod, despite my lack of modding experience on this game, i might be able to do small tasks.
    Last edited by Dom Pedro II; October 03, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

I am in the same boat as Dom. I have a lot of coding and programming knowledge, but no experience modding for Total War games. I would love to work on this mod or another mod should someone be able to set me up with something. I do not know where to start, but I would love to be part of a next generation of modders.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Although I am still actively working on RS2, I would like to offer my help in finding errors that cause your mod to crash. Just browsing through a few things, I found a number of errors that can be the cause for various types of CTDs.

For example, 'faction_creator' must be the same in both descr_regions.txt and descr_strat.txt. If they are not, you can get random scroll-over CTDs and end turn CTDs which report no error and leave you mystified as to what is causing them.

There are also numerous mistakes in faction ownership of units, particularly in the slave sections, which will cause errors, and there is one in descr_rebel_factions.txt that, if that unit is spawned, you will get an instant CTD.

Also, I noticed this in DMB.txt:

type cretan_guards
    skeleton fs_fast_archer,fs_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture cretans, bi/hcs/data/models_unit/textures/unit_crete_guards.tga
    texture slave, bi/hcs/data/models_unit/textures/unit_crete_guards.tga
    model_flexi bi/hcs/data/models_unit/HEG_crete_guards.CAS
    model_sprite 60.0, bi/hcs/data/sprites/cretans_cretan_guards_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

If it is your intention to use one sprite for all units, this is an incorrect way to do it. The model_sprite line in this DMB entry is meant ONLY for a mercenary unit, and it is iffy that that will always work correctly anyway. All other units that would use this model will get a 'game generated' sprite on the fly, and this can cause slow performance and even possibly in battle CTD's. The correct way to do this is as follows:

type bellovaci_infantry ;;;;and Roman auxiliary infantry 1+2
    skeleton fs_s1_semi_fast_javelinman, fs_semi_fast_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture gauls, data/models_unit/textures/tone/arverni/bellovaci_infantry_arverni.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture germans, data/models_unit/textures/tone/cimbri/bellovaci_infantry_cimbri.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture romans_julii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/belgae/bellovaci_infantry_belgae.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture boii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/boii/bellovaci_infantry_boii.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture thrace, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman2.tga ;;;cohors viii belgae
    texture slave, data/models_unit/textures/tone/slave/bellovaci_infantry_slave.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman2.tga ;;;cohors viii belgae
    texture merc, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman.tga ;;;cohors v gallorum
    model_flexi data/models_unit/bellovaci_infantry_high.cas, max
    model_sprite 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite gauls, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_gauls_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite germans, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_germans_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_julii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_julii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite boii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_boii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite thrace, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_brutii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_slave_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_brutii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_brutii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite merc, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

This is from RS2 DMB. Note that every faction using the texture also has a sprite entry. It can be all the same sprite, but there has to be an entry for each one. An entry for a sprite that does not exist will cause a CTD. Also note this:

model_sprite 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite merc, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr

Both of these entries are to ensure that a mercenary unit for this model gets 'a' sprite, first, and that it gets the 'correct' sprite.
    I learned this from experience, that the first line is 'supposed' to work, but doesn't always work right. IOWs, it is buggy. Adding the second line ensures that this works as it should.

I'll see if I can find out what is causing the 'Barbarian Invasion has stopped working' error, but no promises. I have actually seen this caused by something I did myself...but I forgot what!

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

2d photoshop stuff over here. Αυτοδίδακτος, ε; Not a miracle worker.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Hey, I would love to help with your mod. Things I'm good at are making textures with gimp (I retextured almost the whole RSII enviroment). I'm also good at mapping and improving heightmaps by simulating erosion by using fractals (I did this for my submod for EB, and now the terrain looks very realistic). Another thing I can help with is coding. There are also a few things I can't help with: I don't have much expierience with scripting, and I don't have modeling software.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I also want to help somehow.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.