Thread: Script and gameplay

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Default Script and gameplay

Does somebody know if that piece of code adds these amounts of money every turn?

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType romans_julii
    console_command add_money dacia, 30000
    console_command add_money seleucid, 30000
    console_command add_money armenia, 40000
    console_command add_money britons, 30000
    console_command add_money macedon, 30000
    console_command add_money carthage, 20000
    console_command add_money romans_senate, 20000
    console_command add_money romans_scipii, 40000
    end_monitor

I ask, because it seems AI factions have infinite, ever growing money reserves. AI throws at my Roman Republic army after army, which can be easily defeated, but tends to be boring. And it looks like AI population is still growing beside every turn slaughter, which bothers me a little.
    I re-set mod to 1-turn recruitment, but after observing it I plan to further change it to 2-turn recruitment (all units) and cut some money, as it seems there are tons of armies on map (cheap upkeep).

So, if I cut those numbers by 10, will AI get ten times less money a turn?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Hanti; May 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Default Re: Script and gameplay

ARE YOU PLAYING ON MEDIUM? You should be if your not. Also Rome can BUILD HUGE amounts of Money if you manage your economy right. SPQR is NOT a mod for everyone, especially the Vanilla style players, there is a lot needed to be done to maintain your Empire and Legions in SPQR.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Icon1 Re: Script and gameplay

Let's use my old topic. Subject is the same and lt1956 is going to make new version [].

About money: let's look at this game (not my unfortunately, but still valid):

As far as *I* can tell, it's a lot of money in treasury. Emperor August would be jealous! I don't see it as "natural/normal" to have so much money in game [232.057.264]. In mod upkeep of one hastati/principes unit is ca. 150. One legio costs somewhere ca. 3.000-4.000 a turn. One hundred legions cost a turn like 4.000.000.
    I suggest that something should be made to increase maintain/upkeep costs. I would not increase upkeep of units though, but increase/introduce costs of buildings like walls, aqueducts, temples, barracks. All these buildings were a money drain in RL Roman Empire.

About maintenance. It's easy to implement as you can add small (or nothing) costs to building in low level village, but huge costs for huge cities. So it can subtract money form the rich/big empires and not interfere with your weak starting republic.

Examples:

About units. That is completely different subject, but in my game with 1 turn recruitment (Yes, I did it!) AI hordes look like this:

This is my Roman Republic in 50 or so turn. It's just one turn after capturing Dacian city (Tergeste) and they are coming.
    My spy reports:

These Greeks are going to fight. I don't know versus whom, because I was tested Seleukos. Anyway Rome is dead by Gallic/Carthage armies.

PS: I LIKE this mod!

Your not building and maintaining the proper amount of legions and auxilia armies. I have never had that much Money playing this mod, so something either went wrong with a modified script or you used some other method of play.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

add_money 40000
    add_money 40000
    add_money 40000
    yup
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Saspio's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    ARE YOU PLAYING ON MEDIUM? You should be if your not. Also Rome can BUILD HUGE amounts of Money if you manage your economy right. SPQR is NOT a mod for everyone, especially the Vanilla style players, there is a lot needed to be done to maintain your Empire and Legions in SPQR.
    lt1956:

1. What is the downfall if someone would play the game on easy?
    2. What is the downfall if someone played couple of turns without garison script and then turned it on?
    3. Can the game difficulty be changed midgame?

thanks

----------------------------
    Age quod agis
    ----------------------------

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

since lt hasnt replied yet,

1. You will have massive amount of money for the campaign on easy plus passive AI less revolts more happiness in settlements, in battles ai will seem like its randomly routing, legionaires would be super units and it would be hard to lose.
    2. if you do this you could end up having a buggy game with random CTD's later on eventually a possible break of the save entirely. Either do it dfrom the start or dont do it at all.
    3. No
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.