Thread: Population not changing

Default Population not changing

how do i change the population of a city?
    using Terrae Expugnandae i have done the seemingly obvious thing and gone into descr_strat and edited the population of Latium from 7500 to 28000. however, when i test to check if it works the population is in fact at 6000. help please?

i have also changed the city from 'city' to 'huge_city', expecting the relevant changes to be made. it has not happened however.
    a novices guess would make me think there is another file that needs editing? :hmmm:
    anyone know which?
    thanks
    Last edited by Asiriya; August 28, 2006 at 10:17 AM.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

Default Re: Population not changing

well descr stat
    is used by the engine only in the begning of a new campaign
    so all the changes u made will be available to u only when u will begin new campaign
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Quote Originally Posted by Asiriya
    how do i change the population of a city?
    using Terrae Expugnandae i have done the seemingly obvious thing and gone into descr_strat and edited the population of Latium from 7500 to 28000. however, when i test to check if it works the population is in fact at 6000. help please?

i have also changed the city from 'city' to 'huge_city', expecting the relevant changes to be made. it has not happened however.
    a novices guess would make me think there is another file that needs editing? :hmmm:
    anyone know which?
    thanks
    Did you delete map.rwm, every change to the campaign requires this file to be deleted and a new campaign started. The map.rwm file is the map with all relevant starting conditions when you make changes it has to be replaced with a new one. The game will regenerate it at startup after it's deleted.
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

i have been creating a new campaign each time to check the changes came through, so i dont think its that. i did restart the game as once that helped, but it was no good.
    thx for the tip about map.rwm, ill have a look see

thank you indeed! deleting map.rwm did work, and now roma is in the red now to give it some impressive buildings too

Merged double post. - Trajan
    Last edited by Trajan; August 28, 2006 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.