Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Juventus are so cheap, I can't understand how they're not willing to splash any serious cash at all.
    I was quite shocked to hear about Higuain sealing a deal to Arsenal, quite an impressive statement from Arsenal I would say.
    Can't spend what you don't have. Isn't Italian football in general in a financial down turn? I can't recall the last time I saw a really big signing involving an Italian club..

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Can't spend what you don't have. Isn't Italian football in general in a financial down turn? I can't recall the last time I saw a really big signing involving an Italian club..
    That is true, and Italian teams in-general like to "create" stars more than they like buying them. But I would think that Juventus, being the league winners and CL quarter-finalists would get a decent budget. Besides, they're the only team in Italy that owns their own stadium, and they are selling the naming rights if I remember correctly. I can't imagine €30 million being out of their budget - especially if they start offloading useless players.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Blog Entries

Yeh, I'm still bracing myself for news that Juve have scuppered the Higuian-Arsenal deal. But for once it looks like we have the upper hand.. But until the .com announce it.....

SonofaBooyah's Avatar Vicarius

Apparently Spurs have entered the race for Higuain as well, but it seems to be the norm for Spurs to chase every single Arsenal target nowadays. Besides, even if it is true I'm sure Champions League football would be the deciding factor.

Blog Entries

Only way that happens is if Bale goes the other way. Which if the Spuds have any sense they'll bite Real's hand off, Higuian + £80m could make them title challengers.

Yeh, nah. Can't say that with a straight face...

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Even Real would realise Bale, while good is not £80m + Higuain good, wouldn't they? Still, until I see Higuain in an Arsenal shirt in November I will not truly believe he has signed for us

Knight_Of_Ne's Avatar Miles

Arsenal might be an interesting team this season, if they have got Higuain but there is one thing i'm shocked by and that is transfer fees. Is it me or are the transfer fees this window horribly inflated, I mean as little as two years ago the idea of 80 million being spent on a player was to me unthinkable, but this year those sorts of numbers are being thrown around left, right and centre. The obvious offender being Andy Carroll, at £15.5m I don't know wether to laugh or cry.

Can't be unthinkable really, since Ronaldo's £80m transfer to Real happened 4 years ago...
    Last edited by SonofaBooyah; June 22, 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Knight_Of_Ne's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by bradavies View Post
    Can't be unthinkable really, since Ronaldo's £80m transfer to Real happened 4 years ago...
    Oops forgot about that, i'll shut up now. Still stupid money though.

Of course the money is stupid, but it'll only get worse and worse, the transfer fees over the years have only gotten higher and they continue to do so for a long time it seems, especially with all the empty-headed foreign investors who waste £30m on Andriy ****ing Shevchenko.

In other news, it's looking more like Isco will go to Real Madrid instead of Man city, thank god. Isco's probably my favourite player at the moment outside of Man United, so to see him go to the Etihad would piss me off massively. What's crazy though is the fact that he couldn't decide which team to go to. 15 years ago if you would of asked a player if he wanted to go to City or Madrid, he'd laugh his head off all the way to the Bernabeu.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Even Real would realise Bale, while good is not £80m + Higuain good, wouldn't they? Still, until I see Higuain in an Arsenal shirt in November I will not truly believe he has signed for us
    Higuaín is easily 20-30 million worth. And yeah, Bale is good, but definatelly not as much as 80 mill. Although Madrid has paid more absurd quantities for bad players, such as 30 for Coentrao or 60 for Kaka, so who knows. (btw i'm talking on euros here)

In any case, Higuaín is Argentinian, i'd say he might prefer Italy over England as most Argentinians do.

In other news, it's looking more like Isco will go to Real Madrid instead of Man city, thank god. Isco's probably my favourite player at the moment outside of Man United, so to see him go to the Etihad would piss me off massively.
    ****ing finally... for once it seems that there is someone with a decent brain hiring for Madrid (i suspect it's Zidane, who already brought us that marvel Rafael Varane is). Isco is such a great player, very young and with a bright future and only for 20-30 mill euros.

Really everytime i think of the awful transfers Mourinho brought to Madrid i get pissed off. I have never seen someone do so much damage in so little time to a team and a league... I'm sorry for you, Chelsea fans.

What's crazy though is the fact that he couldn't decide which team to go to. 15 years ago if you would of asked a player if he wanted to go to City or Madrid, he'd laugh his head off all the way to the Bernabeu.
    Well, i honestly think there is still no competence. There are currently two teams that could dispute player "willingness" to Real Madrid, and those are Barcelona and Bayern.

About players hesitating about City over Madrid, you also have to take into consideration that it's very difficult to get a spot in Madrid's starting team. Players know that there is a very high chance of spending a season warming the bench unless they perform extremelly well. Isco for instance would have his position challenged by two other somewhat expensive good players such as Özil and Mödric, while in City he would probably be in the starting team with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Higuaín is easily 20-30 million worth. And yeah, Bale is good, but definatelly not as much as 80 mill. Although Madrid has paid more absurd quantities for bad players, such as 30 for Coentrao or 60 for Kaka, so who knows. (btw i'm talking on euros here)
    To pay £80m for Bale would be to put him on the same level as Ronaldo, and whilst I think he is an outstanding player, he's certainly not that good.
    In fairness to Kaka though, he was one of the best players in the world at the time of buying, he's just been screwed over from the start by injuries and Mourinho never playing him. Surprised he hasn't moved on yet to be honest. Coentrao is bloody awful though.

About players hesitating about City over Madrid, you also have to take into consideration that it's very difficult to get a spot in Madrid's starting team. Players know that there is a very high chance of spending a season warming the bench unless they perform extremelly well. Isco for instance would have his position challenged by two other somewhat expensive good players such as Özil and Mödric, while in City he would probably be in the starting team with ease.
    I also forgot about the fact that Pellegrini is City's new manager, so that could of made Isco's choice a bit harder as well.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Not the foreign investors have increased the money thrown around on the transfer market, but the simple fact that football clubs generate a lot more money than 10 or 15 years ago. Real Madrid have a turnover of more than half a billion €, Barcelona and ManUnited are just behind. The champions league money and the cash coming from selling the TV-rights has given many clubs the opportunity to spend massively. Just look at the BPL. Even clubs like Norwich can spend 10 mln € on a player like Van Wolfswinkel, West Ham can splash out 17 mln € on Andy Carroll.

Or, simply said: The money that the QSI (PSG), ADUG (ManCity) and Abramovich (You know that one, don't you?) have spent, is a joke compared to CL-money and TV-rights-money.

Anyways: I don't think any club will beat the 80 mln pounds for Cristiano Ronaldo any time soon. Simply said, no player besides him and Messi is worth that much cash. Either they're not good enough or they're not interesting enough. Just think of CR7, the whole brand that he represents. Ronaldo loves the media and the media loves him. That's why he's worth so much money. Make a shirt with his name on the back and you're selling ********s of it.

Also, I'd love to see Isco go to ManCity. Pellegrini and Isco really work great with eachother, plus I think the signings of Jesus Navas and Fernandinho will have a great effect. My bet is on City or Chelsea winning the title next season.

// my internet sucks.
    Last edited by =Bright=; June 23, 2013 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by =Bright= View Post
    My bet is on City or Chelsea winning the title next season.
    Never write off United. Never.

Blog Entries

I can't understand why Higuian's price is so comparatively low. His record out strips the likes of Cavani/Falcao/Lewandowski. 25, no discernible injury issues, a goal record that's top draw... Is he an alcoholic? penchant for dressing in women's clothing?

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Yes, well, since I can't see Huddersfield winning three in a row in the near future we should support someone other than a millionaires' toy. We can even get to see some good football while we're at it.

Don't Swedes have sarcasm? You must have at least met with it while pillaging the Baltic.
    Sure we do, at least I use more or less every day at work... but I'm starting to be skeptic (also a trait) of his arrival.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Never write off United. Never.
    United either fail horribly and finish 4th or win the treble. I don't think there'll be anything in between.

Any news on Nani by the way?

United either fail horribly and finish 4th or win the treble. I don't think there'll be anything in between.

I have no idea what's going on with Nani. Or Rooney for that matter. Last I heard was that Monaco had made a £20m bid, and also Galatasaray are interested. Not too bothered if Nani goes but I'd prefer we sell Young. Really don't understand why we bought him.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

There were rumours linking him to Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Juventus and Monaco - the latter are the only team with serious interest and have made a concrete offer I think.
    http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/nani/...ler_33706.html
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/