Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Arsenal (big) signings countdown starts here.. DAY 19 - Have we signed any one yet?

As Adar has posted already.....

Big shout across the net we've signed 'Bernard' from Atletico Mineiro. No confirmation from the club or Sky yet...

https://www.google.co.uk/#gs_rn=21&g...w=1097&bih=578

Watched a few vids of him. A younger version of Cazorla, hmm....
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; July 19, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Well he's in the Libertadores final -even with Mineiro's dodgy behaviour- which is a good start.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Marquinhos, 19 year old centreback, to PSG for a reported fee of 31,4 mln €.

Roma have made around 26 mln € of profit (wages not included) with him in just one year. Even my Udinese couldn't do better.

SonofaBooyah's Avatar Vicarius

It's good but it's still not on FC Porto's level.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Porto won two continental trophies and got rid of Mourinho all within the year. They're masters at this.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Saw this and thought of Halie and all you other Gooners

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Apparently Napoli have had a €35m bid accepted by Madrid for... Higuain. Seriously I'd love to laugh but the exact same happened to us with Thiago so I cant unfortunately.
    Oh, and they've also signed Raul Albiol.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Arsenal (big) signings countdown starts here.. DAY 19 - Have we signed any one yet?

As Adar has posted already.....

Big shout across the net we've signed 'Bernard' from Atletico Mineiro. No confirmation from the club or Sky yet...

https://www.google.co.uk/#gs_rn=21&g...w=1097&bih=578

Watched a few vids of him. A younger version of Cazorla, hmm....
    Don't discard Bernard. He's lightning fast and is something of a pocket-size winger who can go both wings, I think he's a top signing who can do some damage, especially in the future.

You need a strong striker and a good backup CB and you're set.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Blog Entries

Arsenal (big) signings countdown starts here.. DAY 20-21 - Have we signed any one yet?

Yep, Higuain looks set for Napoli, though unconfirmed, can't say I'm surprised at all. It looked for awhile there as though Wenger had snuck a top player under the radar but, with so few top class strikers available, it never really looked possible once the stellar names started to move... Despite Real letting their trump card in the Suarez saga go I'm pretty sure they'll still land him for cash..

I'm pretty convinced at this point that Wenger isn't really looking for a 'marquee' striker. The very fact he's been off on tour and not out there trying to sign players speaks volumes. Wenger has a reputation for being able to convince players to come to Arsenal but so far he's left it to the faceless negotiators. Another example of why the club should never have allowed David Dein to walk away.

I'm actually stuck now for possible targets up front, Dzeko, Michu, neither look likely buys at this stage and I'm not sure they're the type of player we need any way. Podolski, Girould and Walcott are all better than them and offer more options. If Wenger is going to stick with those three the need to strengthen the midfield becomes even more desperate, we have the flair players but seriously lack muscle, and with the report that TV5 is out for at least a couple of months the possibility of him moving to DM is out the window. Also Kos has just limped off the training pitch and is expected to miss the start of the season. So a centre back is now a priority.

So despite Wenger doing well to offload (almost) all the dead wood (only Gervinho (to Roma?) to go) our needs now far out way our wants, the same situation we've been in the last two seasons prompting Wenger to get players who will need at least next season to bed in..

The only way, and this is way out there, that Wenger saves face in this window is by bringing Fabregas back where he belongs.. Can't even contemplate the backlash of Fab going elsewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Don't discard Bernard. He's lightning fast and is something of a pocket-size winger who can go both wings, I think he's a top signing who can do some damage, especially in the future.

You need a strong striker and a good backup CB and you're set.
    If that rumour is even real, nothing is confirmed yet, yeh a good signing. But we have Wilshire, Walcott, Ox, Pod and Cazorla who play similar roles. Part of the problem, our system is a mess with players out of position and filling in roles they're not best suited to.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; July 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

I thought Arsenal need a good defensive midfielder?

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I keep wanting to laugh so hard at the way Arsenal conduct every summer's transfer window, beyond a joke. Then I remember I am a Arsenal fan and I have to cry instead.

Quote Originally Posted by =Bright= View Post
    And a centre back. And striker. And probably a right back, because Sagna was pretty bad last season.

The only way, and this is way out there, that Wenger saves face in this window is by bringing Fabregas back where he belongs.. Can't even contemplate the backlash of Fab going elsewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    And a centre back. And striker. And probably a right back, because Sagna was pretty bad last season.
    Well... I think Porto might got something for you: 70 mln € should be sufficient to get Mangala (centreback), Jackson Martinez (striker) and Danilo (rightback). :p

edit: Add 15 mln € and you'll also get Fernando (defensive mid).

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    I keep wanting to laugh so hard at the way Arsenal conduct every summer's transfer window, beyond a joke. Then I remember I am a Arsenal fan and I have to cry instead.
    Only Milan can do worse.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Icon6 Re: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Quote Originally Posted by =Bright= View Post
    I am not sure on if they actually need one. They really concede much last season with Mertesacker and Koscielny at the back. What they rather need is a strong full back and à focal point for the attack.

arten800's Avatar Civis

I hope he's not the top signing for the transfer window
    Last edited by Darth Red; July 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Merged quadruple post.
    ARE YOU READY,LETS GO,PUT YA GUNS ON!-Date Masamune[Sengoku Basara]

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Can anyone tell me about James Collins the Swindon Striker? Hibs have put a 200k bid for him.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Blog Entries

Arsenal (big) signings countdown starts here.. DAY 22 - Have we signed any one yet?

Manure up their bid for Fabregas - Barca seem to have changed their stance from 'not for sale' to 'how much £ you got' .. I'm still inclined to think that's media hype.

Bernard to have medical at Arsenal this Fri - Well it's a start, if true...

Arsenal to up bid to £40m for Suarez - the other one has bells on...

Higuain stalls over move to Napoli - Interesting, thinking seems to be that he prefers a move to Le Arse and is hoping we up our bid. If we're really offering £30m for Suarez why not just go all out for Higuain...!

Ancelotti claims he wants to keep Higuain at Real- The player wants out, I can't see a change of manger making a difference.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

If that rumour is even real, nothing is confirmed yet, yeh a good signing. But we have Wilshire, Walcott, Ox, Pod and Cazorla who play similar roles. Part of the problem, our system is a mess with players out of position and filling in roles they're not best suited to.
    Wilshere and Cazorla are midfielders rather than wingers, only Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain fit the mould of the super fast pocket winger. Poldi is more of a winger/forward.

So it if is true, then good signing for Arsenal. You do need a strong target man though.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

Higuain stalls over move to Napoli - Interesting, thinking seems to be that he prefers a move to Le Arse and is hoping we up our bid. If we're really offering £30m for Suarez why not just go all out for Higuain...!
    If it´s for the same money, then Suarez beats Higuain any day IMO. If it´s gonna cost an extra 10M, then Higuain is more than enough