Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Probably one of the busiest and most exciting transfer periods in history, hence why this thread was created.

With Cristiano Ronaldo possibly moving, Neymar to Europe, Falcao, Jose Mourinho, Lewandowski, Gotze and countless other on the move, time to start drawing predictions on line-ups for the following season.

A couple of things are sure though - no more Sir Alex Ferguson, Paul Scholes, David Beckham and Michael Owen.

Thoughts? Predictions? Bets?

TRANSFERS

Neymar -> Barcelona (57 million euros)

Tevez -> Juventus (12 million euros)

Isco -> Real Madrid (26 million euros)

Fernandinho -> Manchester City (30 million euros)

Andre Schurrle -> Chelsea (22 million euros)

Jesus Navas -> Manchester City (27 million euros)

Kolo Toure -> Liverpool (Free)

Fernando Llorente -> Juventus (Free)

Dani Carvajal -> Real Madrid (7 million euros)

Iago Aspas -> Liverpool (10 million euros)

Luis Alberto -> Liverpool (9.5 million euros)
    Last edited by Basileos Leandros I; June 28, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Default Re: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

I thought Neymar had made it clear he wouldn't move ahead of the world cup?
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

He said that himself, but the rumours are not stopping, they're intensifying.

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

It's the big one you've been waiting for.... Craig Samson to Kilmarnock has been confirmed

Is it just me that doesnt understand the whole Neymar obsession?
    Last edited by The Great Montrose; May 18, 2013 at 03:26 PM.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Neymar is an exceptional player technique/dribbling/creativity wise. Working on his physical strength and more overall development would make him a massive player.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

CR to PSG, Neymar to Real Madrid. Book it.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I doubt they'll be many big moves just yet. Citeh, Real and Chelski three of the biggest spenders, don't even have managers in place and while we know Guardiola is taking over at Bayern their season isn't quite over yet either, do Barca even have a manager in place? I expect them to spend big (and clear out a few) after the lesson they were given in the CL. Monaco are making plenty of noises saying they intend to sign just about every one and PSG will likely clear a few and replace them.. Then there's Utd, new manager looking to make a big statement, splashing £30m is one way to do that...

The big moves (£40m+) Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski, Neymar(?) all seem to be on a merry-go-round waiting to see who jumps off first.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Montrose View Post
    It's the big one you've been waiting for.... Craig Samson to Kilmarnock has been confirmed
    What! Oh that is it, I was looking forward to a summer of breathless anticipation, would Real make a last minute bid for Craig Samson, maybe Barca would be in to steal their thunder, wait who's this coming round the corner? Man City promising half the wealth of Dubai and his own Harem - wait, Chelski and Jose, back in tandem hove into view. It's an unseemly squabble and Arsene appears aloof as he secretly mourns the loss of yet another promising player that he could have had, if only Kroeneke would spend some money, Lord Fergie of Trafford announces he's coming out of retirement to secure Samson's signature..... Oh the fun and rumour that could have swirled and blown through TWC setting it alight - Rome 2? who cares, Samson is for sale!

But no, you swan in here and without a care in the World, casually announce that Craig Samson is off to Kili. Well thanks a bundle. Now what shall I look forward to? Jose to Chelsea - meh. Torres booted out? More meh, Bale for £50-60m to Utd? City?? so what, Neymar better than Messi? Real take a gamble. Ronaldo decides he really loves Germany after all and goes to Bayern. All this is just the dregs now I know that Craig Samson has been sold and the old season is barely over.

I'll have you know he was out of contract

But fear not!!! Ybbon Samson has gone but Paul Mcgowan has not decided whether to go or stay yet, he's said if he stays in Scotland it will be with us! But the rumours are of a move to Birmingham. This should keep you occupied for a while
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

I'll have you know he was out of contract

But fear not!!! Ybbon Samson has gone but Paul Mcgowan has not decided whether to go or stay yet, he's said if he stays in Scotland it will be with us! But the rumours are of a move to Birmingham. This should keep you occupied for a while
    Brimingham? I thought they had already plundered the SPL enough with the captures of Andrew Shinnie and Darren Randolph. Nicky Law also seems to be linked with them, add Paul McGowan to that and they get a whole SPL midfield Are you still keen to sign Scott ''the donkey'' Vernon?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Facupay's Avatar Senator

Cavani's candidates are Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid.
    HUMAN IS FISH ISLAM IS WATER. COME TO WATER AND BE RELAX...

The big moves won't happen just yet, there's still details and paperwork to be sorted out before they even agree to a final deal.

That being said, Mourinho is leaving Real Madrid.

Would love to sign vernon.

None of the major transfers will happen yet, like your cavanis and villas they'll all happen near the end of the window.
    the dream will never die

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Scholes will be asked to play again in January transfer windows if Moyes can't get more midfield players.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Apparently Kolo Toure to Liverpool, Falcao to Monaco (what a waste), and Pardew to be sacked today...

Also, from what I've seen I don't rate Neymar. Think he might be alright in La Liga though, but we'll see... Can you imagine him in the EPL though? Up against Lee Cattermole

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Would love to sign vernon.

None of the major transfers will happen yet, like your cavanis and villas they'll all happen near the end of the window.
    If you sign him I'll carry him to Paisley on my shoulders for you!

Probably true, I guess managers are actually more interesting at the moment. Mourinho to Chelsea? Ancelotti to Real? Or perhaps Heynckes?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Heynckes said he would retire, he said he's too old for the job.

Next year the EPL will be really really interesting - Mourinho back on the job, Benitez to a mid-table team, Moyes in Man Utd, Villas Boas aiming for a CL spot and Wenger revitalising his Arsenal, plus Man City with a new manager.

That's going to be pretty hectic.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Benitez to a mid-table team
    To be honest I'm expecting Benitez to coach Napoli next season. Mazzarri has already announced his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    Falcao to Monaco (what a waste)...
    João Moutinho and James Rodriguez very close to Monaco too. Seems like PSG will have a tough opponent next season.
    Last edited by Condestável; May 22, 2013 at 06:10 PM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

On the 'wire' today..

Napoli have started negotiations to sell Edinson Cavani to Manchester City - with Edin Dzeko going the other way

Real Madrid are ready to blow Tottenham out of the water in a bid to sign Gareth Bale this summer.

Jose Mourinho is out to hijack Arsenal's £25million move for Stevan Jotevic.

Manchester City are set to give new boss Manuel Pellegrini a £50million welcome present by landing their top summer transfer targets, Edinson Cavani and Isco.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are said to be monitoring Chelsea’s David Luiz, 26, who may not be wanted by Jose Mourinho if he returns to Stamford Bridge.

Carrol can stay at West Ham for £15m. Carrol is stalling on the deal (?)

Paris St-Germain have contacted Rafael Benitez as a contingency measure to deal with manager Carlo Ancelotti's possible departure from the club.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez has been given 48 hours to decide if he wants to replace Tony Pulis at Stoke City.
    Expanding on the Jovetic saga; Apparently Arsenal have made no inquiries at all. The players agent has stated Jovetic has no interest in moving to the premiership and prefers to stay in Italy. Looks like he'll be going to Chelski then..

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast