Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    As long as Messi will play for Barcelona, there will never be a traditional, strong number 9 in Barcelona. He will never fit in their philosophy.

Look at Ibrahimovic.
    That is true, much is centered around Messi.
    And even more these days...previously they had Pedro and Villa in the top scoring charts but no more.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Eurosport has both Falcao and Victor Valdes joining Monaco. Falcao for £51.3m and Valdes for an unknown fee as he has only one year left on his current contract at Barcelona.

So to recap that would be £51.3 million for Falcao and £60m for Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez, plus a fee for Valdes. Woah.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Comes Limitis

Seems the UK is not the only one any more attracting that shady despot money up north.

Shame really, when thinking about the poverty in these countries and wtf its spend on abroad instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    Strong rumours of Kolo Toure in on a free and Kyriakos Papadopoulos in for Andy Carroll's transfer fee of £12m. Not a bad piece of business at all; would imagine Papa will be our starting CB with Agger, while Toure is being brought in to address the lack of experience at the back following Carra's retirement.

- (At Liverpool of course)
    I sincerely hope Papa will stay though.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Quote Originally Posted by Raritу View Post
    I sincerely hope Papa will stay though.
    Yeah he looks a top player, and at 21 he'll only improve the downsides of his game (prone to jump in sometimes I believe?). Plus, who can forget this?

Schalke have lined up Santana as a replacement, haven't they?
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Schalke have lined up Santana as a replacement, haven't they?
    Actually Santana is only meant to be a replacement for Metzelder's retirement (and we're lucky to buy him for a cheap fee of 1 million euros). But if our top-notch center back, who is still currently on a long-term injury, has or wish to depart, I guess the Brazilian will have to do, though I doubt he'll make a crucial first team player.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Falcao to Monaco is almost complete, about to be followed by Valdes as well.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I'm surprised Falcao is going to Monaco when he could go to any number of bigger clubs in Europe. Expected to see him at Chelsea!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    I'm surprised Falcao is going to Monaco when he could go to any number of bigger clubs in Europe. Expected to see him at Chelsea!
    Well, even Chelsea are a bit reluctant to pay 60 mln €. Plus Monaco offers a lot more wages than most other european clubs, since taxes on income in Monaco are basically zero.

Plus, the reinforcements Monaco brought are worth considering. With time and good management, they have a chance of being a top-tier team again.

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

The Marca and Daily Star are saying that Suarez has signed for Real Madrid.

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

When we had Man City and Chelsea spending piles of money on players there were quite a lot of people connected with the footballing establishment uttering their discontent. Connect me if I'm wrong, but I haven't similar murmurings in regards to Monaco.

I don't think Suarez to Real is a done deal but it does seem that he could be off sooner rather than later. I suppose considering his ban, the lack of CL football next season and the obvious lure of clubs like Real this was always going to be a likely possibility. Still a slap in the face for Liverpool fans who seemed to have stuck by him through thick and thin.

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

http://www.asm-fc.com/en/news/team/a...radamel-falcao

Holy ****ing yes. Next Ligue 1 season will be great.

Official indeed. PSG vs Monaco is going to be something.

Wow Monaco...

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus Pasha View Post
    When we had Man City and Chelsea spending piles of money on players there were quite a lot of people connected with the footballing establishment uttering their discontent. Connect me if I'm wrong, but I haven't similar murmurings in regards to Monaco.
    To be fair Monaco has always been a money club, long before Russian oligarchs and Arab glee clubs started investing. A club with a paltry 18.000 capacity ground, no way they could match Europe's big clubs financially over the years, yet they've always been in the mix..

I don't think Suarez to Real is a done deal but it does seem that he could be off sooner rather than later. I suppose considering his ban, the lack of CL football next season and the obvious lure of clubs like Real this was always going to be a likely possibility. Still a slap in the face for Liverpool fans who seemed to have stuck by him through thick and thin.
    Such a good player, Liverpool could do good business with him and off load the agro. Higuain and £15m?

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

Yeah you make a fair point Halie, but I think their recent rejuvenation is similar in a way to Man City i.e. a struggling club given a massive cash injection and paying over the odds for players in an effort to compete once again with the big boys. I'm not negative about what Monaco's owners want to achieve but it does annoy me that they've seemingly(so far) escaped the criticism that Chelsea and Man City got.

You reckon Higuain would go to a club not competing in the CL? It would be real coup if Liverpool could get him but I'm not so sure

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus Pasha View Post
    Yeah you make a fair point Halie, but I think their recent rejuvenation is similar in a way to Man City i.e. a struggling club given a massive cash injection and paying over the odds for players in an effort to compete once again with the big boys. I'm not negative about what Monaco's owners want to achieve but it does annoy me that they've seemingly(so far) escaped the criticism that Chelsea and Man City got.
    Criticism tends to follow success, no one gave a rats nut about Chelski until they started winning things, same with Citeh. People just kind of laughed at their massive spending with nothing to show for it, trophies change that..

You reckon Higuain would go to a club not competing in the CL? It would be real coup if Liverpool could get him but I'm not so sure
    Nah, it's unlikely. But if Liverpool's negotiators are any good they could come out of a move with a good deal, if loosing a proven goal machine can ever be good. then again we only finished one place lower after flogging RVP, so maybe it can be done..

Suarez will be off I reckon, the club say he's not for sale but we did the same with Torres; it's simply a tool to get as much money as possible. I'd accept anything upwards of £40m, hopefully getting near the £50m mark.

The general consensus among Liverpool fans, as far as I can tell, is that we want this resolved as soon as possible so that it doesn't drag and funds can be spent. Of course it's never good to lose your best player, but for that money we could find a very good replacement and still have money to spend on improving other areas of the squad where investment is needed.

So far, the most likely outs are:

Carragher (retired)
    Suarez (£40m)
    Carroll (£15m)
    Skrtel (£10m)
    Downing (£10m)
    Shelvey (£7m)
    Coates (£5m)
    Spearing (£2m) Total: ~£90m

FSG have a history so far of reinvesting all income, and spending around £25m net in each transfer window; therefore it isn't out of the question that £115m could be available to spend this summer.

Likely rumoured ins so far:

Toure (free)
    Papadopoulous (~£14m)
    Illori (no idea, ~£5m?)
    Aspas (£8m)
    Romero (£4m) Total: ~£30m

That spending would, in my mind, improve the first 11...minus Suarez of course. However, we are left with ~£85m in the transfer kitty to a) find a replacement for him and b) get in a couple more key players to supplement a very strong overall squad following the previous transfer dealings.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Suarez will be off I reckon, the club say he's not for sale but we did the same with Torres; it's simply a tool to get as much money as possible. I'd accept anything upwards of £40m, hopefully getting near the £50m mark.

The general consensus among Liverpool fans, as far as I can tell, is that we want this resolved as soon as possible so that it doesn't drag and funds can be spent. Of course it's never good to lose your best player, but for that money we could find a very good replacement and still have money to spend on improving other areas of the squad where investment is needed.

So far, the most likely outs are:

Carragher (retired)
    Suarez (£40m)
    Carroll (£15m)
    Skrtel (£10m)
    Downing (£10m)
    Shelvey (£7m)
    Coates (£5m)
    Spearing (£2m) Total: ~£90m

FSG have a history so far of reinvesting all income, and spending around £25m net in each transfer window; therefore it isn't out of the question that £115m could be available to spend this summer.

Likely rumoured ins so far:

Toure (free)
    Papadopoulous (~£14m)
    Illori (no idea, ~£5m?)
    Aspas (£8m)
    Romero (£4m) Total: ~£30m

That spending would, in my mind, improve the first 11...minus Suarez of course. However, we are left with ~£85m in the transfer kitty to a) find a replacement for him and b) get in a couple more key players to supplement a very strong overall squad following the previous transfer dealings.
    Not accepting that's a strengthening of the squad. I admit to not having watched Ilori, Romero or Aspas but Touré is not an upgrade from Skrtel or Carra. Nor do I believe Papadopolous will be bought: Schalke and the player has hinted towards him staying. Besides this, yes he has a huge talent, but he also has a troubled knee. It is obvious we need a first class central defender though.

I'd also like to keep Downing. Not in a first-team capacity, but the man works hard and is consistently average. He's a good squad player. I'd rather put in Downing from the bench versus United than Ibe or Sterling.

*If* we spend the money we get from Suarez wisey then we will be strengthened. With the Transfer Committee I believe we can spend it wisely. However, we will never find a replacement for Suarez. He's at the top of his game. He's developed since he came from Ajax. Torres on the other hand was sold after one year of on-and-off performances (with the vast majority of them being off). But I suppose as long as we steer clear from new Carroll, Downing and Borini deals etc we can come out of this strengthened. But I think that will be tough. Everyone knows that if we sell Suarez, we have to get a replacement. The price for strikers will sky-rocket.

From what I have read Aspas is a Suarez-esque player (even in regards to doing controversial stuff! ), so it might be we have acted ahead of time. In which case: well done.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.