Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting M2 for Third Age, how good is it?

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Thinking of getting M2 for Third Age, how good is it?

mos is massive overhaul submod
    here is its page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Third-Age-3-2
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

I will download that one aswell, are there any mods in it which are best not to download?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

it's all inclusive ... it's a teams take on vanilla making a lot of submods compatible in one installer/installation

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    it's all inclusive ... it's a teams take on vanilla making a lot of submods compatible in one installer/installation
    Is it good, should i download it?

one of the best released only down side is turn times depended on your machine it can be slow between turns .. but god it adds so much classy stuff

MOS is great, but I'd recommend playing Vanilla TATW 3.2 at least once beforehand. MOS adds a lot of complexity that can be overwhelming for a first time player. Plus, I think everybody should experience KingKong's vision of TATW at least once... The man is truly a genius.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Metz View Post
    MOS is great, but I'd recommend playing Vanilla TATW 3.2 at least once beforehand. MOS adds a lot of complexity that can be overwhelming for a first time player.
    Second this (well, the rest too indeed, but from a technical perspectiveI note my concurrance hehe)
    Once one got a feeling for TATW it's easier to know what content tweaks or additions, and thus what mods, that could/would be of most interest.
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 21, 2013 at 01:55 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Can I pre download TATW mod before I install Medieval 2? As its not coming until Thursday.

theres no harm in it .. you can't use it but it will be there on your computer

Noob question, but which one do i download?

Do i download this first http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...r-30-part-2of2 ?

And then the most recent patch http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...-war-32-patch1 ? Or do I have to download all the patches?

you need 3.0 part 1 and part 2

you also need the patch 3.1
    and the patch 3.2

You need to download both parts of 3.0 then 3.1 patch and then 3.2 and when you install them, install them in the same order.

I purchased M2TW and Kingdoms just for this mod and have never regretted it. I then purchased both Empire and Shogun II because I enjoyed it so much (so the makers of the Total War series can directly thank this mod for getting three purchases from me).

I would say that M2TW with this mod is still my favorite to play of the three and even though I will put it down for a couple months now and then, it's one of those games that I keep coming back to.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

I definitely bought M2TW for the mods and I'm happy I did . The game itself is meh, but there are so many great mods out there that it doesn't matter! Start with TATW and then try Call of Warhammer or maybe 1648 or Stainless Steel if you are feeling in a historical mood. Also Westeros Total War comes out soon and it looks awesome! Have fun!

So I am going to follow the advice of not installing MOS on my first campaign, but are there any submods which are really good to have on first time?

I would say no ... KK made a decently balanced game the only one i could think of is the DaC map but since the big submods hat add content aren't compatible with the DaC map as of yet that would be like dangling candy in front of your face and never letting you have any

so to recap vanilla campaign then go get submods with what you want added

Just played it for first time on a custom battle and lost. Anyone know how to change the controls so I can use AWSD to move the camera?

It is quite alot different to S2, when I move my units they auto walk which is hugely annoying, how do people get round this?

Btw thanks so much for all the help everyone.

Walk is the default movement state. If you have your units run everywhere you end up with very tired units who suffer penalties in combat and will rout easier.

But to make them run, either double right click on the destination, or single right click and then click on the run/walk icon on the control panel (same place where you can set defensive mode, fire at will, skirmish, special abilities, etc).

Do you know about dragging your mouse while holding the right mouse button to set the shape of your unit (erm, kind of how wide, how deep they should line up)?

No ideas about modifying keyboard, i only use keyboard for groupings and double selecting groups to zoom to them. Otherwise its mouse only for me. Leaves my left hand free for picking my nose or scratching my balls, which can be a nice distraction when you have a long battle going.

Oh ok. In S2 I generally run everywhere and it doesnt make too much off a difference.

Ye I know about that lol, I found out you can bind your keys in settings.

I am Silian Elves but I am not really sure what to do, for some reason everytime I leave one of the settlements the populaces like to revolt. I have built a few buildings but not really sure how to improve income substantially. I think i have made a trade agreement with Dale and the dwarves (how long do they last) and took a rebel town. But I am not sure where my enemies are as I can hardly see anything on the map.

You have to keep taxes at "low" and always keep at least one unit (with newly conquered places, more may be needed) to keep "public order". Trade agreements and alliances last forever, as I've never heard of the AI breaking them before, and in TATW your allies can't just attack you without breaking the alliance first. Your enemies can only be seen if they reach your line of sights for your units, spies, and watchtowers. To build a watchtower, get a general, put him out to an area surrounded in darkness and click on the lower right button that looks like a building and you can get the option to build a watchtower, they are 200 gold to build and don't require upkeep like spies

having your spies travel the land is a good idea so they can find other settlements, friend or foe, and make your map information more valuable in the beginning of the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast