Thread: Baggage train

Default Baggage train

Cannot post my post? New account limit?

Keywords: baggage train, supplies, battlemap, stratmap...

Default Re: Baggage train

Sorry about that, my post contains forbidden words?

Re-worded in simple terms: Is a baggage train a good idea? It could give invading armies bonuses etc. Have no idea if it can be coded into the game (maybe shogun 2 engine?)

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ads1337 View Post
    Sorry about that, my post contains forbidden words?

Re-worded in simple terms: Is a baggage train a good idea? It could give invading armies bonuses etc. Have no idea if it can be coded into the game (maybe shogun 2 engine?)
    Clearly "baggage train" is terribly X-rated!

Anyway, supplies are something that could perhaps be worked into codes and scripts, but I'm not sure about the inclusion of full baggage trains. Deutschland will know, though, so hopefully he'll drop into this thread at some point!

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Hey ads,

thank you for the suggestion. You will be pleased to hear that we already integrated this feature via the traits system.
    It is called supply system. Armies of civilized factions will suffer exhaustion if they don't stop in friendly territory/cities at times.

Thanks guys, that is indeed great to hear. I always wondered if it could be represented in the battlemap though, infantry defending the train at the back with the cavalry battling up half a mile ahead. Let me blow your mind here: remodel the 'great cross' as a caravan?

That's the way it's done in 1648

Sometimes, when a full stack is invading your territory, you can try to send skirmishers to kill their trains. If you succeed, they still may reach your city, but they will be unable to starve you out before themselves starve, helping a bit the defending armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
    Hey ads,

thank you for the suggestion. You will be pleased to hear that we already integrated this feature via the traits system.
    It is called supply system. Armies of civilized factions will suffer exhaustion if they don't stop in friendly territory/cities at times.
    Uhhh interesting .
    Love the Idea.