Thread: Would it be possible to move the Spartan League sub forum out of PH&A and onto the main page?

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Default Would it be possible to move the Spartan League sub forum out of PH&A and onto the main page?

Hello friends,

I was hoping that the "TWC Spartan League Fitness Forum" could be moved out of PH&A and onto the main page.

I feel that the activity there has increased a fair amount and could possibly warrant a place on the page. I do not feel it is the right place for it as we are discussing fitness/training in general, comparing workouts etc. It's is own subject - we are not just dispensing advice.

Let me know your thoughts - who knows, it might spur own a fitness revolution on TWC.

Your pal,

Sharpe
    Last edited by Sharpe; May 15, 2013 at 09:22 PM.

Default Re: Would it be possible to move the Spartan League sub forum out of the PH&A and onto the main page?

Just going off a quick browse of the contents of the sub-forum, it seems like its current location is the best for it. It's not really large enough, in terms of both its content or its frequent posters, to merit a place on the main hub.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Would it be possible to move the Spartan League sub forum out of the PH&A and onto the main page?

I'd say it's busier and more-post heavy than The Traveler's Lodge and The Product Reviews sub forums, yet they remain on the front page. I would also say the subject of the forum is more popular than the previously mentioned ones.

Fitness/weight lifting is a popular past time - that is undeniable. I guarantee there are many members here who do such things yet do not know of The Spartan League sub-forum. It's pretty well hidden.

Thanks for the feedback anyways bud. Fancy joining in the Hercules Challenge? You will get buff

The focus of the two subforums mentioned are a lot broader than a subsection of help and advice dedicated to fitness. That is at least my take away.

Thanks for the offer, but this skinny guy has a workout plan in line for the summer. Also typing with a phone is hard.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Ho ho don't say that to me, fitness/weightlifting and it's possible applications and variants are far, far greater in (potential) scope than the review of products or foreign travel.

That is the distinction I am trying to make - I do not believe it is exclusively help and advice, it's frequented by regular lifters to discuss lifting, diet, sport etc.

Seriously you should come and post your plan, update your progress etc - I find it very motivating. Obviously I can only speak for myself, fitness, training and rugby is my absolute passion.

Raritу's Avatar Glόck auf!
    Artifex

Default Re: Would it be possible to move the Spartan League sub forum out of PH&A and onto the main page?

I'd actually support the motion. As someone who works out on a regular basic, I visit the Spartan League once in a while and find it have potential for healthy dicussions if warrant more people, and may not just about helps and advices on how to get fit as the parent forum PH&A implies.

However, as I can see, all the said dicussions can still go on in the League as ever, being under PH&A or not, having it on the main index would only serve the purpose of bringing more members there, where I only found some weeks ago by accidentally clicking on Sharpe's sig.

But this sounds like something that will need to go through the Curia though, unless Hex like the idea as well.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Would it be possible to move the Spartan League sub forum out of PH&A and onto the main page?

If it would go to a CVRIA vote I'd support it.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Can't say I really see the point of moving it, but then again I don't visit that part of the forum at all and I'd be a complete douche if I said no to a proposal that does not involve forums I regularly visit.

Yes from me (as long as Hex agrees).
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; May 16, 2013 at 07:16 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Sharpe,

I'd be happy to create a proposal for you in the Curia. Just let me know via PM what you want to be done.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Thank you for the offer.

I will have a look through the other forums and this feedback and send something your way at some point.

Have a few exams to batter through first.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I'll raise this for discussion with my fellow Hex. If you'd like to send me some more points or a more fleshed out proposal, feel free to PM me.

Edit: I'll wait for your correspondence.
    Last edited by Legio; May 17, 2013 at 07:52 AM.