Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2

Default Re: *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2

Quote Originally Posted by 0TheLastTemplar0 View Post
    Thanks guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I just moved to a different state and I just moved into my new place. First Triumvirate, that would be great, please send me your files!

Here is a teaser, see if you can recognize the faces

The guy in the middle is Guy de Lusignan , the guy on the left is probably Raymond of Tripoli, don't know about the guy on the right since I can't see his face but I'm guessing Raynald de Chatillon...also when will you be posting the next update and is it compatible with Broken Crescent 2.4

Here is my adaptation of this mod for 2.4.
    The main things that are adapted are:
    - ancillaries
    - traits
    - strat models
    - the templar script, as well as a hospitaller grand master script.
    - Jerusalem Rising units transferred
    - A hospitaller Bodyguard that is just the Hospitaller Knights but a general unit. As well as a hospitaller strat model that is just a doctored templar one. (My skills with modeling and texturing are 0)
    - couple additional characters for the Jerusalem faction.

I haven't touched the edb. There also might be some other things from Jerusalem Rising that i missed adapting.

Instructions for installation:
    1) extract data folder to mods>Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4
    2) delete stringbins files in text folder

https://mega.nz/#!1AVBVawI!6pamFmkiP...uyr9kwiD-d8SEw
    My name is The First Triumvirate, killer of threads:
    Look on my threads, ye Mighty, and despair!

I tried it and it crashes in campaign and custom battle

Any News?

Hey guys if you are having trouble downloading my update, try deleting the map.wrm file in the maps>base folder.
    My name is The First Triumvirate, killer of threads:
    Look on my threads, ye Mighty, and despair!

Hello there,

I'm back....I have new content created. I got a little side-tracked with life, but I am determined to finish this project. First Triumvirate, are you still alive?

Cool welcome Back!

Keep up the excellent work!

The textures for the Templar units are ed.

Wow its been forever. Sorry for the lack of communication. I have been working on this project intermittently, but I have made progress. Hope all of you are doing well and if you are still interested in this project, come by and say hi on this thread.

So in terms of the mod and where its at here is a high-level summary:

-I've implemented TFT's update to the mod.
    -Hospitaller Grandmaster implemented.
    -King Baldwin strat and battle model implemented.
    -New Knights of Jerusalem model and texture implemented.
    -Templars and Hospitaller's given two new sergeant units: "Templar Sergeant Cavalry", "Hospitaller Sergeant Voulgiers".
    -Templar Bodyguards' claymore swords removed for a more historically accurate arming sword and ax combination.
    -Peasant/sergeant troops overhauled and renamed with new models and textures (Sergeant Spearmen -> Outremer Freemen, Levantine Crossbowmen -> Outremer Crossbrowmen, Outremer Swordsmen -> Outremer Light Infantry, Latium Halberdiers -> Outremer Voulgiers, Poulain Men-at-Arms -> Outremer Men-at-Arms).

Current workflow:

-Remaking the Knights of Outremer.
    -Creating more unique strat map models and battle models for prominent characters (Balian, Guy, Reynold and Raymond).

Planned work:

-Teutonic Knights.
    -Latin Crusaders troops (knights and sergeants).
    -Turkopoles.

I will post screenshots in the coming days of all of this new progress.

Here is a little teaser, a knight of Outremer

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Glad to hear it, happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Glad to hear it, happy new year!
    Thanks!

Outremer Knights and their mounts, done! I refitted the dismounted knights as two-handed axemen

Knights of Jerusalem. Dismounted they can fight with both spears and swords.

great looking knights of jerusalem,i would like to play with them in a battle,continue your great work!

Thank you!

Been plugging away at some exciting new features to make the experience more immersive.

We now have archers with working bows and crossbows.

Pictured here is a new unit for KOJ, Crusader Longbowmen (inspired by tales of English archers in the Crusades) and Outremer crossbowman.

Also I spent the entire last week working on dual-wielding weapon animations, will post a vid soon to better showcase these new animations!

Here's a sneak peak:

Hi, hope everyone is well. Here's the latest update:

-Dual weapon animations complete (putting together a video to showcase these).
    -All current unit art has been standardized, older units such as Templar and Hospitaller units have had their models edited/improved and retextured.
    -New textures for grandmasters on the campaign map.
    -New units completed: Outremer Armored Sergeants, Outremer Armored Spearmen, Outremer Lancers, Outremer Light Cavalry, Crusader Sergeants and Crusader Longbowmen.

In progress:

-Continuing work on Campaign map models.
    -Remaking Latin Knights with new model and texture.

New Grandmaster textures

Latin Knights WIP
    Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; February 18, 2019 at 11:51 PM.

I'll be adding unit showcases to display all the completed units for the mod so far.

Today, we'll take the latest look at the Templars.

Templar Order Strengths
    -Free Upkeep for all order units.
    -Very aggressive infantry and cavalry, they make excellent shock troops.
    -Templar Chapter houses are available all throughout the map.

Templar Order Weaknesses
    -Templar troops are expensive and take many turns to replenish and recruit. Use them wisely.
    -The Pope will disband the order in 1312. At this point in the campaign you will be given the option to grant the Templars amnesty or to disband the order. If you grant them amnesty, you may continue to use the Templars after this, but you will suffer broken relations with Europe and the Vatican. This might include losing the option of Papal support or hostile crusader armies landing on your shores to overthrow your dynasty. (Working on this mechanic in the campaign script). If you disband the order you will receive a significant sum of money along with some free Tuetonic and Hospitaller troops at your capital.

Templar Units

T
    emplar Sergeants - Well trained infantry able to form schiltron. Will use their spears when attacking and switch to swords when on the defense.

Templar Sergeant Cavalry - Elite light cavalry with a charge almost as powerful as their knight brethren's. Great for chasing down horse archers, supporting their brother knights in combat and for charging enemy troops from the flanks.

Dismounted Early Templar Knights - Earliest iteration of the elite Templar Knight. Fanatical with a good charge and can frighten enemy troops.

Early Templar Knights - Powerful knightly cavalry with a devastating charge.

Late Dismounted Templar Knights - Will phase out Dismounted Early Templar Knights. Clad in better armor and armed with a vicious two-handed axe, they can lay havoc to enemy troops when assaulting. When on the defense they will fight with sword and shield. Can frighten nearby enemies.

Late Templar Knights - Will phase out early Templar Knights. Clad in better armor and capable of delivering a more powerful charge than their earlier iteration.

Dismounted Templar Veterans - Veteran Templar troops, extremely formidable in hand-to-hand combat. Can dual-wield swords and axes, making them savage killing machines. Will take many turns to recruit and replenish.

Bodyguards of the Grandmaster - Powerful Templar knights, sworn to protect the grandmaster. General unit.

Stay tuned for the Hospitallers tomorrow
    Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; February 23, 2019 at 12:01 PM.

Welcome to today's unit showcase, We'll be looking at the Hopsitaller Order.

While the Templars are known for their prowess in assaulting, the Hospitaller's heavy troops are ideal for more defensive situations like holding the line or protecting castles.

Hospitaller Order Strengths
    -Free Upkeep for all order units.
    -Heavily armored infantry and cavalry.
    -Hospitaller Chapter houses are available all throughout the map.

Hospitaller Order Weaknesses
    -Hospitaller troops are expensive and take many turns to replenish and recruit. Use them wisely.

Hospitaller Units

Hospitaller Sergeant Crossbowmen - Accurate and deadly crossbowmen, who also perform decently in melee combat with their axes and shields.

Hospitaller Sergeant Voulgiers - Well armored and trained Hospitaller sergeants armed with deadly pole-arms. They can form schiltron and can make quick work out of armored enemies. They also use their vicious falchions as secondary weapons when the need arises.

Dismounted Early Hospitaller Knights - The first iteration of the deadly Hospitaller foot-knight.

Early Hospitaller Knights - Powerful knightly cavalry with good defense and charge.

Late Dismounted Hospitaller Knights - Much better armored and trained than their earlier iteration. Will assault with their swords, but where they really excel is when they are on the defensive - they will use their deadly maces to smash any enemy.

Late Hospitaller Knights - Heavily Armored knightly cavalry that will phase out their earlier iteration. Will switch to maces when their lances are broken.

Hospitaller Veterans - Veteran Hospitaller knights that are very deadly in melee combat. They have a more measured fighting style than their Templar counterparts, but can stack bodies just as easily.

Bodyguards of the Grandmaster - Powerful Hospitaller knights, sworn to protect the grandmaster. General unit.

Coming up next, the fighting men of Outremer.

Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; February 27, 2019 at 09:48 PM.

In our latest unit showcase, we explore the secular militias and professional soldiery of the Crusader state of Outremer.

Outremer Strengths

-Most Outremerean troops are cheap and quick to recruit/maintain.
    -Available in all regions of the map as these troops are native to the East. Will form the core of any Crusader army due to their wide availability.

Outremer Weaknesses
    -Good variety of troops, but with this comes varying quality and effectiveness.

Outremer Units

Outremer Freemen – Free men of Outremer sporting shield and spear, with little to no martial skill, called to arms by the king.

Outremer Crossbowmen – Free men of Outremer with some skill with a crossbow answering the king’s call to arms.

Outremer Light Infantry – Free men of Outremer with some skill in hand-to-hand combat called to arms by the king. Armed with deadly falchions they can fare slightly better than their spear brethren in melee combat.

Outremer Voulgiers – Free men of Outremer called to arms by the king. Wielding pole-arms, they are very deadly in melee combat especially against armored enemies. But they will melt away during a sustained assault due to their light armor, lack of training and lack of a shield.

Outremer Light Cavalry – Free men of Outremer who are capable of serving as horsemen, called to arms by the king. They carry some missiles so they can harass enemy formations, but in melee combat they will be easily outclassed by most enemy cavalry and armored infantry. Best to utilize them in a support role.

Outremer Men-at-Arms – Professional soldiers serving a particular lordship of Outremer. Well trained and equipped, they can be relied upon in battle.

Outremer Men-at-Arms Spearmen – The lordships of Outremer can field professional quality spears, who have no real equals in the East.

Outremer Lancers – Professional cavalrymen serving the lordships of Outremer. Though not as powerful as knightly cavalry they are still very valuable medium cavalry fighting with lance and sword.

Dismounted Knights of Outremer – The knightly lords and their most valuable warriors of Outremer, who have dismounted to fight on foot with vicious two-handed axes. Very well armored, trained and able to perform better in the environments of the East than their European counterparts.

Knights of Outremer – The lordships of Outremer represent the pinnacle of European chivalry in the East. Well armored, experienced and deadly in combat. They will crack open enemies with their maces once their lances are broken.

Dismounted Knights of Jerusalem – A well trained force of knights who act as the King’s own personal guard. When dismounted they fight as a unit with much discipline and efficiency compared to other knightly troops.

Knights of Jerusalem – The king’s own knights are his right-hand in battle. With their barded horses, heavy armor, training and discipline they are a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; February 26, 2019 at 08:12 PM.

Hi, I have another unit showcase. Last time we looked at the indigenous forces of Outremer, today we look at Latin Crusaders, newly arrived from Europe seeking God and glory in the Holy Land. European reinforcements provided through the campaign script will take the form of these troops.

Latins' Strengths

-Latin Crusaders are powerful and some are highly specialized units, allowing KOJ to acquire niche troops they might not usually be able to field.

Latins' Weaknesses
    -Latin troops are costly and take many turns to replenish and recruit.
    -Not available everywhere, limited to regions like Anatolia, Syria and the Levant.

Latin Units

Latin Sergeant Spearmen – Professional soldiers from all corners of Latin Europe on Crusade with their lords in the Holy Land. Can form schiltron.

Latin Sergeant Pikemen - Specialized Latin Crusaders mainly hailing from Flanders who battle with long pikes, on Crusade in the Holy Land with their lords. They are capable of fighting with shield and mace if enemies get past their pikes.

Latin Sergeant Crossbowmen - Well trained, experienced and deadly accurate Latin Crossbow troops on Crusade with their lords. Equipped with shield and mace for close quarters-fighting if the need arises.

Latin Sergeant Longbowmen - English archers skilled with the dreaded longbow who are capable of firing arrows at great distances on Crusade with their lords. Can deploy stakes and fight with axes in close quarters.

Dismounted Norman Knights - Deadly Norman foot knights hailing from Southern Italy and Normandy on Crusade in the Holy Land. Will assault with their axes and maces and will fight defensively with their swords. Can frighten nearby enemy infantry.

Norman Knights - Powerful Latin knights on Crusade. Of all of KOJ's secular knights they are capable of performing the most devastating charge. Will punish enemies with their long axes when their lances are broken.

Dismounted Latin Knights - Knights hailing from all parts of Latin Christendom Crusading in the Holy Land, who have taken to fighting on foot. Very well armored troops.

Latin Knights - Perhaps of all of KOJ's secular knights, these Latin knights on Crusade are the most heavily armored.
    Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; March 05, 2019 at 07:21 PM.