Thread: What are the essential factions for this mod?

Default What are the essential factions for this mod?

So, okay, I know this is barely related to Invasio Barbarorum, but please help me on this one.
    I'm starting a mod project (could even become a submod for IB2, not sure yet) that spans from Europe to China.
    I'm pretty much sure about what I will include at the other side of the Himalaya, but not that sure about what to add in the are your mod covers.
    Let's say i want it to begin by 363AD (like Barbarian Invasion), what factions should I add in Europe? Should the Hun subjects have their own factions? And what about the middle east?
    So, I have some basic factions:
    - Gupta Dynasty
    - Imperium Romanum
    - Sassanid Dynasty
    - Saxoni
    - Vandali
    - Ostrogothi
    - Visigothi
    - Alani
    - Huni
    - Suebi
    What factions would you suggest? Please don't feel bound to the starting date: suggest factions that would rise to proeminence or have some impact in the following decades also.

So far, I'm struggling to select which Hun subjects deserve a faction slot (as the Hun faction would be able to recruit almost all their units).
    Also, I'm not sure if I should add both the Ghassanids and the Lakhmids.

All suggestions are welcome.

The thread I started is this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-century-mod/

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by Yayattasa; May 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: What are the essential factions for this mod?

A mod with such a huge map will never became a submod for IB2. Currently our mods focus on particular map area. Vanadalorum - Southern Western Europe and North Africa, Brittannae - Northern Gaul. Britannia and parts of Germania, Odovacer - much of Europe to the tip of Asia Minor, while IBFD II will have a big map, but for sure not as far as India.

As for the factions, the Franki, Alemanni and Saxones, where the most prominent germanic tribes on the Rhine, while the Vandals and Burgundiones where being pushed towards the Rhine due to hunnic pressure.. While the Thurningi where vassals of the Huns. On the Danube Limes the tribes subjected to Hunnic domination where various, the most prominent and powerful where the Ostroghoti, Gepidae, Rugii, Heruli and the Quaddi. The Visighoti where at this date at the gates of the empire an pushing hard.

Cheers

Well, why couldn't it become a sub-mod in the future (after the release of IBFD2)?
    Also, thanks for your suggestions, I'm studying each one right now.

Hey again! I'm passing here to say I changed the scope of my project. It's just like Invasio Barbarorum, but it's now only in China. It's set in the fourth century, in the so called 16 Kingdoms period.
    Thanks for the help! Maybe some time in the future we will be able to unify East and West in a Total War mod haha

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Very interesting list of factions!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar