Thread: No Recruitment is available in Richmond!

Icon4 No Recruitment is available in Richmond!

So first off saying im a returning player from the 2.6 version of the previous modification. And to my coming back to this "mod" I realized y'all have come out with a new version, so i excitedly downloaded and installed it. Unfortunately the first time I attempted this the game CTD after clicking either "US" or "CS". So after hours of research I just thought for the heck of it to uninstall the mod as well as the entire game. So i reinstalled and everything worked perfectly no idea why... but it worked . But anyways after playing a little bit of the Confederacy campaign i realized that Richmond no longer had the ability to recruit units anymore? I'm not sure what happened or if this a known bug. But at the start the Richmond was able to recruit units, but as of a few turns in, it no longer is available. I would really appreciate any feedback to this, whether its fixable or not. Thank You!!

Default Re: No Recruitment is available in Richmond!

Redneckk,

Is this with all units in Richmond or just the VA Volunteers. I have gotten it 2 games in a row now, and am trying to figure it out.

Game 1 it happened when I had 7/8 VA Volunteers.
    Game 2 it happened when I had 2/8 VA Volunteers with 4 in the queue.

I am thinking currently it occurs when you upgrade to Barracks or build Regional Command. I will keep you posted.

Double Post
    Last edited by Flavius Silvanus; May 14, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

yes, this bug is known and solved already for next release... the buildings in 3.5 Open Beta (when upgraded to last tier) enable more than 10 recruitment slots and that is when you recieve this no unit is available bug. this info is posted on the forums already and can be easily read in several threads including the 3.5 Open Beta Impressions thread...

regards

Hi Minas,

First of all let me say I totally love this mod. It is the most immersive Civil War experience I have had since Civil War Generals 2.

I know the bug that Redneckk is talking about which is discussed in the forums, but my issue occurs only with the Virginia Volunteers and without buildings being upgraded to last tier. All other units in Richmond are recruitable as normal.

Is this also a known issue, or would you like me to keep investigating.

Ok, first off id like to say thank you for the responses. And to answer your question Flavius, yes it is with all the units in Richmond not just the volunteers. And I understood Minas Moth had to say that it is a known bug and is fixed for the next release. But I am curious doesn't this somewhat leave the "CS" at a disadvantage for the whole game, since its their capitol? I've only had the time to play the mod for a little less than an hour so I may be totally wrong. But from what I played it seemed Richmond was the only city able to recruit the best units/generals. Would love to hear your response/thoughts about this. And just to say I absolutely LOVE y'alls mod, personally one of the best i've played in a long time. Thanks again!

That bug occurs in any City where you have upgraded those building lines all the way, not just in Richmond.

Just building the Barracks (1st Upgrade) in any City will allow you to recruit Generals there. Now the Generals are only available to recruit for 2 turns each, so be sure to keep an eye out for the ones you want. Lee is available in Turn 1, and I believe Bueregard is the next available at turn 5 or 6, and then you get a new one available every 2 turns.

You will be able to get a ton of unique units just by buidling the Farms, Barracks and Regional Command Center.

That bug occurs in any City where you have upgraded those building lines all the way, not just in Richmond.

Just building the Barracks (1st Upgrade) in any City will allow you to recruit Generals there. Now the Generals are only available to recruit for 2 turns each, so be sure to keep an eye out for the ones you want. Lee is available in Turn 1, and I believe Bueregard is the next available at turn 5 or 6, and then you get a new one available every 2 turns.

You will be able to get a ton of unique units just by buidling the Farms, Barracks and Regional Command Center.

Please disregard this post.

Cheers
    Last edited by Lostsoul; June 06, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!