Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greeks go for a Swim - Mystery Solved!

Default Greeks go for a Swim - Mystery Solved!

Lookey here:

I defeated this army on land on the last turn and they withdrew to their imaginary ship! I can't attack them with my stack, nor the imaginary ship they're supposedly on. How can I get rid of these marine Greeks?
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; August 31, 2006 at 03:37 AM.

imthefrgt10's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Strange occurance

well you could advance into the future and build a nuke and nuke italy completly, or its a glitch and you have to get over it

<HonorGlory> You weren't here when the deal between me and Octavian took place.
    <Aristocrat> deal?
    <Aristocrat> Ill leave that alone actually
    <Evariste> No I wasn't. Corrupt bargain eh? Maybe it's better to leave the past in the past.

I'm the romans! Lol. I'm hoping that the greeks will disband that army once the heir dies or something :hmmm:

Ps I have no idea what a nuke city is

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJubb
    I'm the romans! Lol. I'm hoping that the greeks will disband that army once the heir dies or something :hmmm:

Ps I have no idea what a nuke city is
    Nuke means do drop a nuclear bomb on something. I would suggest placing really low garrisons in all nearby cities to draw them out then bring the stack you've got in the bottom of the map and kill em!

Thanks to ARCHER29 for the amazing banners!! (I need to work out how to make it actually show the slideshow)

EB vs RTR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJubb
    Lookey here:

I defeated this army on land on the last turn and they withdrew to their imaginary ship! I can't attack them with my stack, nor the imaginary ship they're supposedly on. How can I get rid of these marine Greeks?
    LOL! That was funny. I have no idea how/if it can be fixed. I never saw anything like this and let`s hope we`ll never see this again.

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Its probably a graphical glitch...

I'd imagine is a game glitch, if you can't attack them. Try moving a ship into the square.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I had that once before when playing vanilla (early 1.0 out of the box version). I think I stil remember I can attack the stack but when the battle scene loads I'm in deep water and I got defeat message even when both mine and AI armies are drowned (I still remember the floating horses)

Wish I had known game forums at that time so I print-screen and post.. :tooth:

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Either they merged all those gods of theirs into an army, or those troops are on really good terms with Poseidon.

I can't attack them with a land army, and I can't move a ship onto their square. I'm going to try to lure them inland by moving my stack away

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    I had that once before when playing vanilla (early 1.0 out of the box version). I think I stil remember I can attack the stack but when the battle scene loads I'm in deep water and I got defeat message even when both mine and AI armies are drowned (I still remember the floating horses)

Wish I had known game forums at that time so I print-screen and post.. :tooth:
    Are the floating physics already implemented in the 1.0 version? Ive always thought they only implemented realism in it when the 1.2 patch arrived(horse riders never disappear if their horse dies, people who fell from the bridge will float instead of just sinking to the bottom, etc).

Moses: The Sequel.

Really, I don't know what caused it or whether it can be fixed. You could try deleting map.rwm and seeing if that fixes it. If not, you'll just have to wait until they disembark from their imaginary boat...

(Slightly OT alert)

imthefrgt10: Tau are cool. They taste like chicken...

Press the tilde key. Then where the place you want to put them
    type in show_cursorstat. Then do move_character "character name" x,y
    X,Y being the coordinates show_cursorstat told you. This is cheating
    but its fixing your game.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Thank you Walrus, this will definatly help me. Now I won't be playing Rome for a couple of days so there's time for people to suggest where to put them:

a) on the nearest coast
    b) back in their lands (they did try to run away from me but got stuck)
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; August 27, 2006 at 12:40 PM.

On your land where you think they should've retreated.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Ahhh it didn't work!

It said it cannot find the character - am I typing it wrong?

Solaris's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Greeks go for a Swim - Please help!

You spelt it wrong. You typed it 'Manaclas', when it's actually 'Meneclas'

Ahh yes.

Did you fix it?
    -Albert Camus

No - unfortunately it always says "character not found" whenever I try "Menalcus of Lamia", I've even tried with underscores. I've tried it with other armies to see if I'm doing it right and I am.
    Don't worry though, I've just started again - this seems like such a rare bug anyway!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast