Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The First Triumvir for M2TW (TFT2)

Default Re: The First Triumvirate for M2TW (TFT2)

Update: there are two critical tasks that needs to be completed before we can push forward

1) We need a Mod Leader

2) We need a Scripting Lead

Update: there are two critical tasks that needs to be completed before we can push forward

1) We need a Mod Leader

2) We need a Scripting Lead
    Feedback suggest that I should just jump in the Mod Leader chair and get on with it instead of spamming the forums with all my PM junk

My reason for not doing that:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1) We are having discussions with a potential candidate
    2) I'm not interested in this role. I just want to do some wicked modding. If I was Mod Lead the entire Mod Team would have to be ready @5AM in Dress Uniform 1 for inspection of mod Work Packages
    3) We wait for Stuie a couple of weeks before a final decision is made.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm a die hard EB fan myself. Of course I know differences between these iconic mods I was only suggesting to ask for some EB II units, I´m sorry about misunderstanding

About the mod team do you something about Salvor Hardin?

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    I'm a die hard EB fan myself. Of course I know differences between these iconic mods I was only suggesting to ask for some EB II units, I´m sorry about misunderstanding

About the mod team do you something about Salvor Hardin?
    My apologies for explaining the difference then The EB policy is to allow the use of EBI stuff provided that proper credits are given and that no material is altered. I'm not sure if a specif permission is needed for each mod. I doubt very much that the EBII units will be shared with anyone prior to release.

Stuie's and Salvor's return is included in my morning prayer I do have contact with a few from the old team and will continue to chase them down

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Best of luck with this, it is a great mod already so whatever you do to spice it up will be appreciated

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Good luck! I remember enjoying the first triumvirate, back in the day.... Adding to your reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiskhylos View Post
    Best of luck with this, it is a great mod already so whatever you do to spice it up will be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Good luck! I remember enjoying the first triumvirate, back in the day.... Adding to your reputation.
    Thanks very much for your motivating feedback!

Edit: more feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Looks like a good start, wish you all the best for our endeavor.
    Last edited by King Philip II; May 12, 2013 at 01:55 AM. Reason: added Gig feedback

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hi KP again, very much appreciating your TFT2 initiative with M2-Kingdoms basement

Just some thoughts ... ie. when all is done (porting, coding, units, T&A, scripting, texts, etc.), then there is still one issue - the map, aka especially the 3d battle map, i think the biggest challenge is creating Rome period 3d buildings for the battle mode.
    My advice (once more ... our PM) is, working together with EB2, RTR2 and such projects, and ie. perhaps making TFT2 a common campaign project ... it is one thing to create teams and concepts, it is another one, to really realising such total conversion projects. Good luck anyways.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hi KP again, very much appreciating your TFT2 initiative with M2-Kingdoms basement

Just some thoughts ... ie. when all is done (porting, coding, units, T&A, scripting, texts, etc.), then there is still one issue - the map, aka especially the 3d battle map, i think the biggest challenge is creating Rome period 3d buildings for the battle mode.
    My advice (once more ... our PM) is, working together with EB2, RTR2 and such projects, and ie. perhaps making TFT2 a common campaign project ... it is one thing to create teams and concepts, it is another one, to really realising such total conversion projects. Good luck anyways.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post

Thanks for the feedback DaVinci, much appreciated!

I have added 3D buildings to fast-growing Issues List.

I haven't started reaching out to other projects yet as I have a couple of critical tasks that needs completion first. I'm all for collaboration with other mods but who our partners should be is a Mod Leader decision.

re "common campaign" project: are you referring to our individual campaigns? e.g. Crassus, Caesar etc?

/KP

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Wish you good luck with this mod As for units you should definately contact Toon Total War as he had ported many RTW units to M2TW including some RTR VII and RG ones.

Default TFT2: Development Environment

DEV BLOG 1 POST 3

I'm currently working on setting up our development environment. We have a clean base install based on Bare Geomod as mentioned in Dev Blog Post 1 and a Sandbox with three "Custom Campaigns".

The environment will probably look as follows:

mods/
    TFT2_Sand ;Sandbox
    /data/world/map/campaign/custom/
    crassus
    pompey
    parthia
    (Caesar is Imperial Campaign)

If we do not use custom campaigns as discussed in DEV Blog Post 2 then the other builds will probably be as follows:

mods/
    TFT2_Sand ;Sandbox
    TFT2_Dev_Caesar ;Development
    TFT2_Dev_Crassus
    TFT2_Dev_Pompey
    TFT2_Dev_Parthia
    TFT2_Beta_Caesar ;Test
    TFT2_Beta_Crassus
    TFT2_Beta_Pompey
    TFT2_Beta_Parthia
    TFT2_Prod_Caesar ; Production (live release)
    TFT2_Prod_Crassus
    TFT2_Prod_Pompey
    TFT2_Prod_Parthia

If we use Custom Campaigns it will only be three mod folders: dev, beta and prod.

This will be prepared as a pack so new team members can start coding on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Wish you good luck with this mod As for units you should definately contact Toon Total War as he had ported many RTW units to M2TW including some RTR VII and RG ones.
    Thanks demagogos nicator! I have already send a PM to ToonTotalWar as I discussed this with LestaT earlier in this thread. Anayway, thanks for the recommendation - keep them coming

1) Updated Task List (Post #3)

2) Included adverts on Modders Classified Adds:

Mod Leader Vacancy for TFT2: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cancy-for-TFT2

Developer/Scripting Lead: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cancy-for-TFT2

Graphics Lead: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cancy-for-TFT2

Developers: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ncies-for-TFT2

Historian/Editor-in-Chief: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12835004

3) Included a small competion on Dev Blog Post 1. Amazing prices available.

/KP
    Last edited by King Philip II; May 11, 2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: added dev advert

Default Re: TFT2: Task List & Human Assets

Request: if some kind soul could create a cool banner for this project (forum use) I would be eternally grateful and will Rep you everyday for a week or more (the only currency I have).

/KP

Edit: I'm embarrased to post this, but I'm a clown with any sort of graphics.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The First Triumvirate 2 for M2TW (TFT2)

Interesting I didn´t know that RG units were put to M2TW. About the signature - I will send message to Joar, he is excellent 2D artist.

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Interesting I didn´t know that RG units were put to M2TW. About the signature - I will send message to Joar, he is excellent 2D artist.
    I'm not even sure actually. I have not looked into it yet. I have heard back from Toon and unfortuneatly he'll not be able to help us as he is taking a break from modding.

Thanks for that (+ rep) - I was thinking about a headline banner/image for our main forum posts actually ("The First Triumvirate 2") for use on this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-M2TW-(TFT2)

I think the FRRE signature (from 2006) is OK but of course it could be much nicer, it's not a priority though. Thanks again.
    Last edited by King Philip II; May 12, 2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: typo

I'm afraid I don't have much time at the moment, but how about something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    I'm afraid I don't have much time at the moment, but how about something like this?

WOW - I love it!

Thank you so much for doing this - I'll rep you now and every day for a week. I have also added you to our credit list.

fyi: we do have an open position for a Graphics Lead if you're interested (advert is linked in post #3)

Thanks again

regards
    KP

Edit: Voila, it's published in post #2 here and here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12819542

Good luck

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast