Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Romae Gesta

Default Re: Romae Gesta

Talbot fumbled at the purse and caught it as it bounced off of his chest.

Food and bedding. Ain't got time to arrange our own, though we'll have to eventually. Can you find your way back to the stable?
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Talbot fumbled at the purse and caught it as it bounced off of his chest.

Food and bedding. Ain't got time to arrange our own, though we'll have to eventually. Can you find your way back to the stable?
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

"By myself?... Yes. It may be better if you came with me. We would need 2 horses."

Henry thought carefully on it, he had just given Talbot all his money and he might have wanted him to part ways with him for a bit. Henry would never find Talbot again if he left him, Rome was a big place.

Talbot shook his head.

Take all the horses (dice roll says that only 2 are currently there anyway ), we'll ride the first two to exhaustion then butcher them for their meat and ride the others. But if you can't find your way back then stay somewhere I can find you. I've got stuff to get...
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Although cautious, Henry agreed.

"Fine, I will meet you here when I am done. You collect the supplies and we can ride soon."

Henr went to the stables to get the 2 horses.

Talbot returned with his arms full of sausages, eggs, onions, two loaves of bread and a large haunch of goat.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Henry smiled a the supplies.

"Very nice selection. I have horses here, they should make do for a while. I suggest we get riding soon, are you ready?"

Talbot shoved all he had into Henry's hands. He kept the purse at his belt though it contained only three small coins.

Only two horses? Owner didn't give you too much trouble, right?
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Henry shrugged

"It was all there was. Still a bit of meat on them anyway."

Henry put some of the supplies on each on horse, ready for the journey.

Can't eat them if they're only two. Besides, it's a desperate man that eats a horse with nothing else...

Talbot chose a horse and stood beside it awkwardly. He was a terrible rider...

I am THE BEST rider!
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Henry was amused by that.

"Really? Would you like to show me how to ride? I'm not the best of riders"

The truth was Henry was a good rider and he wanted to laugh at Talbot. He could tell from his face that he wasn't confident about it.

Talbot nodded.

You sit on the saddle and kick the horse when you want to go.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Henry had to stop himself from laughing.

"Oh, that simple? I always thought there was more to it. Why don't you get on? I want to see how a true master rides."

Talbot put on a brave face.

Give me a leg up, young man, so that I may show you how a gentleman rides!
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Henry went to Talbot to give him a leg up. Even when he did, Talbot still sprawled across the saddle.

"Right then! Ride!"

Talbot cleared his throat, looked around himself and then hesitantly dug his heels in, hard.

Henry could still hear the vicious curse that echoed around the plaza as Talbot became an ever increasing figure far off in the distance.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Henry burst out laughing. However he had to mount his horse and try to catch up since Talbot looked like he would never stop.

"Stop! Pull on the reins!"

Henry was screaming at Talbot who was shaking on his saddle with no control.

It was impossible for Talbot to hear anything due to the streak of profanities spewing from him. People were sent flying as they dove away from his stampede, fruit carts materialised only to spill their load and pairs of men carrying panes of glass queued up to get involved in hilarious situations as they too were forced of of roads and pathways as Talbot blazed through the city...
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Henry had to quicken if he was ever going to stop Talbot from destroying everything. He got up really close and tried to grab Talbot but he still couldn't reach. There were a few guards around the city who looked in a position to kill the horse just to stop it. Henry couldn't let this happen. He dove off his horse in an attempt to tackle Talbot off it, who was still kicking at the horse in his panic.

Talbot was rigid with fear. Henry was forced to remain grabbing onto him so as not to fall from the saddle as the two now sped out of the city and into the lands north of Rome.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast