Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] War of Conquest

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Lord Commander
    Content Staff Citizen Gaming Staff

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by freak042 View Post
    How goes the progress of WoC?
    I'm starting to drag my helpers work together, then we need to finish off the last 2-3 factions. Afterwards its a case of polish and extras like Scripts & AoR units, also need a fair bit of work on House Targaryens skins as Prophet did me a favor and got me some of his Targ skins awhile back but there are some problems with certain units not being skinned etc. With my limited experience on skinning we may need to hunt for an official helper for that department.

It will be "playable" very soon, but its a case of wherever or not we want to release a public beta of sorts or just wait and release a v1.0 when its ready. (that could be awhile)

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

I have a question : will this campaign overwrite the old KORAH or will it be like chosing 2 campaigns in KORAH ?

Hey soul,i know you said putting dragons as units was out of question but you also said that if some one found a pratical way and that doesn't make the dragons look really stupid,well i found just check this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBQJ02fq2aE
    they don't look stupid actually they look quite natural and all you'd have to do is ask permission to the guys from the Dragondawn mod to use and re-skin it into a dragon,and as to dragons being OP,well i guess they should,Aegon didn't have a large army at all when he first landed in Westeros and yet he conquered all of it,even if you guys still want to make them as traits i believe its still going to be a very good sub-mod.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

They are too small for a dragon. And there were 3 dragons only.

As Deska said they are to small for a dragon, way to small. Also its hugely not as simple as slapping a dragon-skin over something and calling it a day.

I'm doing it the most logical way there is, by giving the character riding the dragon a trait/ancillary that boosts their combat effectiveness, much in the same way the GoT mod for CK2 represents the dragons. The only way it will be anything more than that is if somebody with some serious skills and experience contacts me and offers to do dragon's that look good, move correctly and are semi-canon to the lore of Westeros, i say semi-canon because it would be impossible to do dragons that are actually like Aegon's in size.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

I present to you House Gardener of High Garden!

Faction description

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    House Gardener is an old house tracing their descendants to Garth Greenhand, the first King of the Reach. The Reach is the most populated and arguably wealthiest region in Westeros, it is home to the great city of Oldtown and the seat of house Gardener, Highgarden. The current King of the Reach, Mern the IX is regarded as an able military commander but is rash and extremely impatient. His eldest son Mark is very different from his father, Mark is a very cautious commander and is very intelligent, Mark is also good friends with the Lannister prince Damon and travels to Casterly Rock often. Mern’s other son Randyll is just like his father, rash and bold but is an extremely talented commander and leads a splinter force of the Gardener armies. When Mern received a raven from Aegon Targaryen demanding he bend the knee to him, Mern was driven to rage and accidently killed one of his dogs, once Mern calmed down he sent Mark to Casterly Rock to ask for an alliance and sent his favorite son Randyll to lead a force to attack Orys Baratheon and afterwards try and secure an alliance with Argilac, the Storm King. House Gardener also faces threats from the Iron Born who rule the waves and the riverlands and raiding from the Iron Born is more likely now since Harren Hoare spent all his gold on Harrenhal. King Mern now resides at Highgarden and has almost all of the Reach behind him and he stands a good chance against the Dragon King and when Aegon is thrown to the sea, he may be able to gain new lands in the Riverlands or even the Westerlands if he is smart.

Family members and minor lords are at the bottom sorry I am in a rush

**I have not done any custom traits or ancillaries*

Also I do have a florent general but cannot upload due to only be allowed 10 uploads a post, I will add him in later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg   8.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg  

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nice job Knight, good to know that even tho I am now unable to reach my computer there is still progress on the mod ^^

I should start going, still frustrated as hell for not understanding how the hell to get the religions to work and make Harrenhall an ironborn AoR

I'll get back with a full Hoare preview.... Soon!!

And will you be able to change Mern's name to Mern IX Gardener?

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills. (House Gardener Preview, Page 8)

I'll be sure to put all our work into Major Previews in the first post, once all the teams work is put together.

As for Mern? He will have the King of The Reach title that Gardener normally has in Rivers&Hills, the reason its missing is due to the name change, the script that gives him the trait/title cant find him because its still looking for the old name. (I had the same deal with Torrhen) We can add the IX easily in the name files if need be, but you may get children/generals pop up with the same name down the line. Looking forward to seeing your work on Hoare Uri.

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills. (House Gardener Preview, Page 8)

Good job guys look to more previews in the future look forward to playing it.
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Yup, I have a little more polishing to do!

i wouldn't particularly want dragons in the game but if you want to add a flying dragon i would recommend looking at the lord of the rings total war for rome which had flying ringwraiths and more importantly only 1 per unit

does it behave naturally and is it big enough? because for what i've seen they don't move the way a dragon would

oh nevermind,i just checked them in youtube,they don't move weirdly,but there are too many and they still are too small

Guti00's Avatar Libertus

EPYON-IRL, I also thought that, but I think it would have to re-do the units because they are different games.
    It is true that the shape of the nazgul flying is like western dragons.

Those nazgul move very stiffly and unrealistically with a "flap, flap, flap" movement that i wont have in my project. They are also FAR to small for Westeros Dragons.

I've said it before, unless somebody comes to me with the skills and experience to make a realistic dragon that's canon to the lore of Westeros, we wont be having actual Dragon Units, ever. Dragons will be represented by Ancillaries and some tweaks to the generals bodyguards to make the general a powerful force to overcome on the battlefield. In the end getting Dragons that i would find acceptable is borderline impossible due to the limits of Total War.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Out of curiousity where are you guys getting your portrait images from?

I am sourving my own for my mini korah mod...

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Out of curiousity where are you guys getting your portrait images from?

I am sourving my own for my mini korah mod...
    Its kind of our team's secret, all of you might haw forgotten but some time ago a little mini-submod was released which holds a LOT of awesome portraits, from there me, knight, and Soul get all our awesome portraits

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    me, knight, and Soul get all our awesome portraits
    Don't forget poor little Megells. I'll have to add a Team List to the first post at some point, most likely when i put all the previews of our work there. I personally grab portraits from multiple places, and a few are portraits already in Rivers&Hills/Other projects. We are trying not to have portraits already associated with other Sub-Mods, chances are i will replace such ones during polishing.

I'm sorry about talking dragons but!! I believe I have found a way to bring them in and have them mounted see my idea is to make an eiefant ( sorry for spelling) into a dragon five them roughly the same stats what do we think shall I attempt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    I'm sorry about talking dragons but!! I believe I have found a way to bring them in and have them mounted see my idea is to make an eiefant ( sorry for spelling) into a dragon five them roughly the same stats what do we think shall I attempt it?
    Like Soul has said many... many times before, no dragons....

Sure Dragons are cool and all and they were a major tribute to Aegon conquering the seven kingdoms.... BUT.... they are hard to implement and in my opinion look weird, using them as traits makes them still very powerful and at the same time not creating an OP unit.

If you really are clinging to the whole dragon idea, once this submod is ready to go, you could try to implement it yourself and maybe if Soul believes it is up to par with the mod, we can implement it, until someone comes forth bearing awesome skills to make such a unit and proves that they have those skills... no dragons.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I hope you all get it... no dragons.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast