Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] War of Conquest

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills.

10+ command seems a little over the top, 5+ seems like a more realistic number that still will make the dragonriders overpowered! And maybe some of the dragons can give dread? For example Daenerys dragons that could not be tamed would sure add some dread. However Aegons dragons were well tamed if im not mistaking..
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

You do realise that if the Dragon ancillaries can be transferred, a person could easily give all their generals the nightfighter trait...

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

I'd be more concerned about an Aegon Targaryen with all three dragons than the ability to fight at night.

They wont be transferable.

SuicidalBrownie's Avatar Civis
    Beautiful city of Utrecht, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    10+ command seems a little over the top, 5+ seems like a more realistic number that still will make the dragonriders overpowered! And maybe some of the dragons can give dread? For example Daenerys dragons that could not be tamed would sure add some dread. However Aegons dragons were well tamed if im not mistaking..
    I find calling weapons of mass-destruction well tamed more than a little icky...
    But I guess they were better tamed than Dany's dragons, because they learned how to ride them their entire life.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"
    Ramsay Snow

Dragon will not be transferable? ?
    not at all ? not even to biological sons or something? i mean Balerion lived till around 200, so had other riders.

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon VI View Post
    Dragon will not be transferable? ?
    not at all ? not even to biological sons or something? i mean Balerion lived till around 200, so had other riders.
    Transferable and Genetic are two utterly different things.

If i can come up with a logical way to pass the dragon(s) down the line of secession to the oldest sons without the obvious problems (Like one character becoming a single super power with three dragons) i will implement it. But this is Total War not Westeros, and in Total War there are limitations that some people, mainly the ones that cried during the Dragon Units discussion, cant seem to understand. An example: Visenya and Rhaenys are both married to Aegon and currently the only Targaryen children will show up under Aegon in the family tree, this being to prevent the mass spawning of 12 Targaryen children, and also means that Vhagar & Meraxes wont be able to pass down the line of succession. I could always add Maegor under Visenya's branch and Aenys under Rhaenys, but both of them are not even born until the end/after the conquest and as such will most likely not be happening.

I cant go into detail about this because i have not even started work on it yet and have barely even started thinking about it.

well the Visenya and Rhaeynes thing was alway going to be a problem with the basic one wife set out of total war.
    However back to point if you made the dragons TRANFERABLE not genetic. you would yes allow the dragon to exist with other characters ie potential a tully riding Balerion, BUT you could use the exception that occurs with swordbearer and shielders to stop one person having all three dragons.
    To expand the Total War games do not allow swordbearers and shieldbearers to exist with the same character, the use of one blocks the other ancillary from being placed. could this not be used with the dragons, ie if Vhagor will prevent Balerion being transfered.
    Furthermore aint you currently having to run Visenya and Rhaenys as males to have them as generals ? hence the whole marriage things may be "odd" anyways, lesbian love producing babies.

Tbh i think you should calm down with the prefection atm, Total war system probs will not allow a prefect match for this as you cannot have female generals, cannot marry two women, and cannot marry siblings. But i trust people will appreciate this mod how it turns out. even if you need to add in slight imperfection such as inaccurate children or hell even the princessess having to marry women due to the genre general issue. This mod will be great, but tw wont allow it to be prefect, most understand this.

here the an extract from ancillary file of rome tw (sorry have not got my medieval installed atm)

Ancillary swordbearer
    Image helmeted_soldier_ancillary.tga
    ExcludedAncillaries shieldbearer <---------------------------
    ExcludeCultures roman
    Description swordbearer_desc
    EffectsDescription swordbearer_effects_desc
    Effect PersonalSecurity 1
    Effect BodyguardValour 1

may at least prevent the chance some a super power, three dragon leader/

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Makes sense to make them transferable rather than genetic. If people stack all 3 ancillaries on one general they're just ruining the game for them, doesn't matter for the people who play normally (People can cheat the ancillaries if they really wanted to as well). It's also good as a general who dies in battle with the ancillary will mean that the dragon dies with them, as the ancillary will be gone.

Content Staff Citizen

I'm not allowing idiots to stack 3 dragons on a single character, end of story. (If they want to cheat that's on them, but i wont allow it to happen naturally)

Aegon VI raised an interesting point with the exceptions that occur with some ancillaries. I'll look into it when i get around to it, i have been far to busy lately.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

I present to you.... "drum roll please"

The Kingdom of the Westerlands

The Lannister's
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Other Generals

Faction Description
    House Lannister traces its descendants from Lann the Clever who allegedly swindled Casterly Rock using only his wits, and also from the andal invaders that came after the andal invasion of Westeros. The Lannisters are one of the supreme powers of Westeros and are the Kings of the Westerlands hence making them the richest Kingdom in Westeros. Loren Lannister is a proud man who is known throughout his kingdom as a great leader and a political genius, his influence can be felt in the North and Dorne. His son and heir Damon is also a good military commander, but spends more time reading and writing than actually fighting in battles or managing towns. But there's one more Lannister, Loren has a younger brother named Daven, Daven is one of the supreme commanders in Westeros. Daven also is the Hand of the King and is the commander of the Lannister forces. When Aegon Targaryen sent a raven to Loren Lannister demanding he bend the knee to him, Loren quickly created an alliance with the King of the Reach, Mern IX and told his brother Daven to assemble his armies. Prince Damon has been working closely with the Gardener prince Mark to find an opportunity to strike the Dragon King and send him back to his pitiful island. Aegon is not the only threat though, King Harren the “black” rules not just the waves, he also rules almost all of the Riverlands, if he were to side with the Dragon King it could be the doom of House Lannister. Even Loren’s ally, King Mern Gardener could be a potential enemy, he is known to be rash and could simply ruin the alliance due to his incompetence. House Lannister has never been in such danger before; Casterly Rock has never fallen, but the Dragon Lord is the best chance so far that it will.

Custom Ancillaries -NOT DONE
    There is also a Reyne of Castamere, but I have not finished him up yet.
    Daven lannister's ancillaries are also not completed.
    Also need to add new names.... Like Loren
    Last edited by Riverknight; May 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Awesome work, still waiting for this epic campaign !!!
    (+rep)

Nice to see some progress.

I'm one of those who likes the idea of having the dragons as ancillaries rather than in-game units, but I've recently come across the mod The Sundering, and they've got some Eagle units for the Saphery (spelling?) faction that have some convincing animations. I'm pretty sure if appropriate dragon models were found, those animations could be used. The Eagles don't breathe fire, though.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Soul said that he will not discuss dragons anymore so I sugest to leave that topic for now ;p.

Edit: I played The Sundering too and I don't think that it is what we would like here anyway.
    I love warhammer mods but that would not work in Westeros. Eagles are ok but as we have only 3 dragons and that's why
    the whole idea doesn't work here.
    Last edited by Deska140; May 26, 2013 at 05:48 AM.

Hey Soul, how is the progress of War of Conquest coming along?

Content Staff Citizen

I've been to busy to work to much on it lately. (I'm going to round up some info soon to see where we stand on what needs to be done)

Most of the Houses are finished with just some minor tweaking to do, afterwards id like to add a few AoR units and some cool scripts etc. It's coming along slowly, i have just been far to busy lately.

any word?

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Bolton View Post
    any word?
    I am almost done with House Gardener, preview should be up shortly (Within a week)

Content Staff Citizen

Here's a list of House Progress. Once the basic House's are done focus will turn to polish and adding extras like AoR Units, Scripts, Skins etc.

Stark - Done
    Bolton - Done
    Hoare - Done
    Arryn - Done
    Lannister - Done
    Gardener - Work
    Yronwood - Work
    Martell - N/A
    Durrendon - N/A
    Targaryen - N/A

Done = At least 90% complete, still needs minor polish.
    Work = Currently being worked on.
    N/A = Work has not started, or has been put aside for later.

As you all know i do Youtube. I'm very busy most days because of that and have not had a lot of time to work on the mod lately, so while progress is moving slowly it's still moving.

How goes the progress of WoC?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast