Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] War of Conquest

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills.

This is something I have always wondered....
    What ARE the name of the children of a bastard? What if he got married and has trueborn sons, will they be named Snow as well?
    I think they would've been named Stark, wouldn't they?

No they would have been called for example waters (bastard of the riverlands) aswell, however they would have had the right to change their name to longwaters, to show they aren't bastards. At least that's what the wiki says.

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

^ What is said above i believe is correct.

The true-born children of a bastard don't inherit their fathers, fathers name. Here: "Ser Jon Waters was the bastard son of Alyn Velaryon and Elaena Targaryen. He became a famous knight. He had a son, who put 'Long' in front of the 'Waters' because he was trueborn. So yeah, the children of a bastard may slightly edit their given name to prove they are trueborn.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

If that's the case, you'll better just put Orys as general without tree and make him a biography trait.

That will save his children of having Targaryen surname.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Fürst Frederic View Post
    No they would have been called for example waters (bastard of the riverlands) aswell, however they would have had the right to change their name to longwaters, to show they aren't bastards. At least that's what the wiki says.
    Only noble bastards, AFAIR, were named Snow, Flowers etc.

Dunk (Dunk and Egg) and Davos had different names as urchins.

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Only noble bastards, AFAIR, were named Snow, Flowers etc.

Dunk (Dunk and Egg) and Davos had different names as urchins.
    Indeed, bastards with no known relation to a noble house have no surname. (according to the Wikki at least)

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I know you said no dragons but alreadyded has working dragons and they look great. You can tweak their stats to your liking if you think they are over powered, but I think they SHOULD be OP.
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Field_of_Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I know you said no dragons but alreadyded has working dragons and they look great. You can tweak their stats to your liking if you think they are over powered, but I think they SHOULD be OP.
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Field_of_Fire
    I agree

Content Staff Citizen

Just to make this 100% clear. This is the last time i discuss the "Dragon Units" topic.

I've spoken about this over and over, the facts are not going to change. Yes i know other mods have done dragons and no i will not ask for permission because the majority of them are horrible (no offence to the creators) and totally miles away from Westeros lore. Dragons move horribly, act stupidly, are overpowered and are utterly impractical. Don't get your hopes up about this next part as it will most likely never happen, i have spoken to the team about it and... IF we can find a good looking dragon that dose not move/act stupidly, IF the creator is willing to let us use it and IF it is cannon to the lore of Westeros, we will CONSIDER adding something at the very end of development, but probably not..

If i continue to hear "I'm disappointing about the lack of dragons", "I think there should be dragons!" or "I LOVE DRAGONS!" i will scrap the entire dragon idea faster than a frey betraying his lord, it is known.

Soul out...

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Maybe Soul and Uri will make instead a campaign with only House Targaryen playable and all playthrough finishing at turn 5?
    And then give dragons so much movement points so they easily can move from the Bear Island to Sunspear at turn 1(being sarcastic here)?

I'm sure it would be OP enough and fun to play as hell...
    Last edited by Deska140; May 11, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

+rep to deska...

megells's Avatar Civis

House Arryn Preview

After the death of his father Harrold, young Ronnel Arryn is now King of Mountain and Vale under the regency of his mother Sharra. However, Harrold's younger brother Jasper lusts for the Falcon Crown and plots to usurp the throne. Under the threat of a Targaryen invasion and an attack from Aegon's mighty dragons, Sharra has ordered the armies of the Vale to gather at the Bloody Gate with Desmond Templeton, the Knight of Ninestars, in command. The lords of the Vale are ready to defend their lands to the last, but Sharra also sent a diplomat to Aegon at Dragonstone offering her hand as his queen of all Westeros, but he refused. Taking the Vale would not be an easy task, and the Arryns stand ready against any attack.

Below are a few characters of the Arryn faction as a little preview (Traits and ancillaries are NOT done)

Ronnel Arryn
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sharra Arryn

Jasper Arryn

Desmond Templeton

Maryn Corbray

Trystane Redfort

Last edited by megells; May 13, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Nice preview! Rep is coming!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Nice preview. Unexpected and welcome, well done !!!

Content Staff Citizen

I'll be uploading the first post with all new/updated previews sometime this week. Anyone feel like sharing ideas for the Dragon Ancillaries stats? Currently they have +10 Hitpoints +10 Command + 30 Troop Moral.

I'm thinking of giving Balerion at least +50 moral and +20 hitpoints as he is the biggest of the three dragons. Also considering removing the +10 command and replacing it with +10% Movement, keep in mind Aegon was not a bloodthirsty nor dreadful person and often gave his enemy's mercy so we don't want + Dread from the dragons, all the stats will be tweaked after play-testing and i will most likely invite 2 or 3 people to play it before the public release. Let me know what you'd like to see from the Dragon Stats. (I'll most likely do a video later today to get feedback from my youtube viewers)
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Is there any way that the dragons could have a trait that reduces enemy morale or increases chances of routing? I get not wanting to add Dread, but the dragons could definitely use something that reflects enemies pissing their pants to get away!

Oldtower(Hightower) as a faction, they are like kings during the conquest.....

Oldtown(Hightower) as a faction, they are like kings during the conquest.....

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser88 View Post
    Oldtown(Hightower) as a faction, they are like kings during the conquest.....
    During the War of Conquest, Lord Hightower heeded the High Septon and did not join his liege lord King Mern IX Gardener on the march to the Field of Fire. Soon, Mern was dead and Highgarden surrendered. When Aegon the Conqueror arrived at Oldtown on dragonback, Lord Hightower opened his gates. Aegon spared the city, and the High Septon anointed him and acknowledged his right to rule all Seven Kingdoms.

During the War of Conquest they were Bannermen to House Gardener, not Kings.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

I think the dragons should definitely have +movement points, and make the General's Bodyguards of Aegon and his sister those greek flamethrowers? Just for that fiery effect

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast