Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] War of Conquest

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Deska140 View Post
    I'll have to say Uriyaca, that your preview has made me eager to play as House Hoare. I don't like the Ironborn very much so it says a lot.
    Keep up the good work !
    Thank you! I am actually quite eager to play as them as well ^^ . I have already started planning a Hotseat with Knight, I am definetly going to take the Hoare faction there
    Just for that comment I will present you with another mini-preview ^^

Each Riverlord except Edmyn will have the trait in the Blackwood pic and Edmyn himself will have the trait in his pic. Every Riverlord will have in the final version 2 Loyalty and Edmyn will have 1 (for those who are not familiar with the story, Edmyn was the men who led the rebellion against King Harren and eventually drove the Ironborn from the Riverlands and in return Aegon named him Lord Paramount of the Riverlands)
    Characters are not final. This is just a trait previews

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Edmyn Tully along with a number of Riverlords will spawn under the Targaryen banner if Harrenhal is taken. (once i get the scripts working anyway)

I've been thinking of doing two scripts...
    1) If Harrenhal falls, Edmyn Tully spawns outside Harrenhal alongside other Riverlords under the Targaryen banner.
    2) If Harrenhal dose not fall, Edmyn Tully will spawns outside Riverrun with a small host, without the other Riverlords. (He will most likely be crushed by Harren, this will symbolize his failed rebellion)
    Or 3) If Harrenhal dose not fall, Edmyn will stay a Hoare Bannerman until the end of his days. (I think the second script would better reflect Edmyns fate if Aegon had failed to burn Harrenhal)

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Edmyn Tully along with a number of Riverlords will spawn under the Targaryen banner if Harrenhal is taken. (once i get the scripts working anyway)

I've been thinking of doing two scripts...
    1) If Harrenhal falls, Edmyn Tully spawns outside Harrenhal alongside other Riverlords under the Targaryen banner.
    2) If Harrenhal dose not fall, Edmyn Tully will spawns outside Riverrun with a small host, without the other Riverlords. (He will most likely be crushed by Harren, this will symbolize his failed rebellion)
    Or 3) If Harrenhal dose not fall, Edmyn will stay a Hoare Bannerman until the end of his days. (I think the second script would better reflect Edmyns fate if Aegon had failed to burn Harrenhal)
    This sounds good.

Maybe we could do the same thing with the Gardener faction... once Mern and his heirs die, then a Tyrell takes over and an alliance is made with Targ?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Riverknight; May 06, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well, good idea . tho Vessalship could be better if done

Same script should be done with Hoare and Greyjoy I think.

This mod is a good idea. Will this mod be a separate campaign or will it overwrite the original one?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

We are thinking of a new release of the Korah version which will have two campaigns (like the Fellowship campaign + the regular one in TATW. Or maybe like the SS late Era and Early Era campaigns.)
    We still don't know how it will be done tho

Sounds good! Looking forward to release -- good luck!
    +rep
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    We are thinking of a new release of the Korah version which will have two campaigns (like the Fellowship campaign + the regular one in TATW. Or maybe like the SS late Era and Early Era campaigns.)
    We still don't know how it will be done tho
    I'll correct you on that Uri. If Dux believes the final product is up to par with the original Rivers&Hills he will consider making it a sub-mod of the original much in the same way the Kingdoms Expansions work. Dux's exact works to me being; "If it is up to standards of the mod, then I will probably add your mod it as a custom campaign in the official version, if I can make that work and you allow it of course."

I don't plan on releasing this project to the public until i believe it is worthy and fully polished to the best of our ability's.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 06, 2013 at 12:37 PM.

Content Staff Citizen

It's my Nameday!
    ​!Give me Rep!

House Stark
    The current King in The North, Torrhen Stark, has ruled in relative peace despite the Ironborn skirmishing along the borders of The Neck. Some time ago he ordered the majority of the northern military to hold The Neck via Moat Cailin under the command of Rickard Cassel and Flints Finger under the command of Lord Jojen Flint. Meanwhile at Winterfell the crown prince Jon Stark is celebrating his 18th Nameday at the feast his farther has held in his honor, Torrhen has invited many lords to the event hoping to use this opportunity to speak of the current situation with House Bolton and the new "King" in the South.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

House Bolton
    The current Lord of the Dreadfort is Lord Rodrik Bolton. He recently felt the loss of his two oldest sons
    Domeric and Karlon at the hands of his youngest son Kyle who skinned the body's and used them to ignite fear in the hearts of anyone loyal to his father. Rodriks only daughter Lyanna was almost raped by Kyle but managed to escape and flee for the safety of Winterfell where the Starks have been made aware of the situation while Kyle has made claims that the young prince Jon Stark kidnapped Lyanna and took her honor, greatly increasing Kyle Boltons support among his fathers men as they begin to believe Rodrik to weak to lead.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm working on adding a few more generals to Bolton.
    (maybe a son or two for Roose Flint and maybe a Reek for Kyle)

I'm working on a few extra Traits/Ancillaries.
    (Example: Lowering Lord Rodrik's movement points, as he is rather old and greatly fears his son)
    EDIT: Stark & Bolton will start in very fragile alliance, about to be broken by Kyle Bolton

Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 09, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Happy Nameday !!! (+ rep)

I was really waiting for another preview so It's really nice to see it.
    The storyline fits perfect imo. Question: is the Bolton girl going to be represtented in some other way in the game(ancillary for Jon or something)?
    I also like the idea of Torrhen Stark having an evil (ruthless) bastard brother ;p

karstark/umber second son for bolton?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

would've repped you but I need to spread somereputation first
    Anyway, shouldn't it be Brandon Snow? as he is a bastard

Well done, well done indeed.

Content Staff Citizen

Question: is the Bolton girl going to be represtented in some other way in the game(ancillary for Jon or something)
    Currently Lyanna Bolton is a princess outside Winterfell. I've considered making her a ancillary for Jon Stark, although i may give Jon an ancillary for Lyanna. (still tweaking it a little to see whats best)

Anyway, shouldn't it be Brandon Snow? as he is a bastard
    You should already know this Uri, the game automatically makes his name Stark because his patents names are Stark. The only way for me to do it would be to give him separate parents or his own family tree, and even then all his children would be called Snow. So he is fine where he is, it was this or make him a general. EDIT: Will do what Emperor pointed out below
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 10, 2013 at 05:07 AM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

You can give him a trait. Something like this:

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trait Bastard
        Characters family

Level Bastard
            Description Bastard_desc
            EffectsDescription Bastard_effects_desc
            Epithet Bastard_epithet_desc
            Threshold  1
    Code:
    {Bastard}Bastard
    {Bastard_desc}This man is a bastard
    {Bastard_effects_desc}NA
    {Bastard_epithet_desc}Snow
    That would make his last name Snow instead of Stark.

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post

Code:
    Trait Bastard
        Characters family

Level Bastard
            Description Bastard_desc
            Threshold  1
    Code:
    {Bastard}Bastard
    {Bastard_effects_desc}NA
    That... why didn't i think of that!?

Don't answer that... I'll get right on it.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

I have another question about minor thing.What portrait are you going to use to represent Orys Baratheon ?
    Will he be some random Baratheon - looking guy or maybe Valyrian ?
    I think you'll need to use the bastard trait for him too if you want to put him in Aegon's family tree.
    Last edited by Deska140; May 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post

Code:
    Trait Bastard
        Characters family

Level Bastard
            Description Bastard_desc
            Threshold  1
    Code:
    {Bastard}Bastard
    {Bastard_effects_desc}NA
    Lol, I think I can use this to add "the black" epithet to Harren

Eoghan Wolfkin's Avatar Civis

I've actually have a portrait for Orys you could use When I was playing around with possible variations for the blackfyre twins, I gave colour to this picture of Orys. If you would like the portraits (young, old and dead), here's the file, just unzip it and all's good http://www.mediafire.com/?a9j92vpk25np4v6

Content Staff Citizen

Looks good Eoghan, will have to change the hair color to match Baratheon but otherwise it should do nicely. I'd considered using that picture before but did not want the colorless look.
    Lol, I think I can use this to add "the black" epithet to Harren
    Should work nicely yeah, to tell the truth i am hitting myself for not thinking about this before lol. (Thanks again Emperor for reminding me i can do this, i'll give you Rep when i can)
    I think you'll need to use the bastard trait for him too if you want to put him in Aegon's family tree.
    We could use the trait thing to add Orys into the Targaryen family tree as Baratheon, but if i am correct his children will be Targaryen just as Brandon Snows children will be Stark not Snow. (I'm to tired to test this right now)
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 10, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

You could just give him his own tree, but he won't be in Aegon's then

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast