Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] War of Conquest

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Nice Soul . But this Bolton/Yronwood thing was something me and Soul have been arguing about for a long time, I say NO while he keeps saying yes, we agreed to disagree

We are making them as a different faction now, but we agreed that after playtesting, if they are not working well then we will just join them with their overlords (Martell, Stark)

As the hand of the king, my voice matters but I am not the one who makes the calls
    I like the Bolton idea, it could allow a targ supporter in the North.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lol thats not lore wise, it isn't written anywhere that the Boltons have been Targ supporters

I can list the pro's and con's but too lazy tight now . Also have an Arabic test tommorow so better get studying...

Lol thats not lore wise, it isn't written anywhere that the Boltons have been Targ supporters

I can list the pro's and con's but too lazy tight now . Also have an Arabic test tommorow so better get studying...
    So what if it is not lore-wise...
    It is fun for hotseats and campaign play.. we don't know a lot about what the state of the north was during Aegons conquest.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

There was no rebellious act from the Boltons at the time, nor did the Boltons ever consider even swearing fealty to the Targaryens and attacking te Starks-

What we do know is that Torrhen Stark, later known as the king who bent the knee, marched his army south to battle the Targaryen army. After witnessing the huge Targaryen army (at the time he already controled the Crownlands, the Stormlands, the Vale, the Riverlands the Westerlands and the Reach, so I would have to assume that a 150k army AT LEAST) and also the three dragons, Torrhen realized his cause was lost and that he has no chance against the Targaryens. So in order to save the northmen from dying and his lands from being burnt he bent the knee

There is no mentioning of the Boltons, thats why I thought it would be better if we give him a 5 star Bolton general. To represent the Bolton usual unloyalty we can give him 2 loyalty. So he would be somewhat similiar to the (AWESOME) Roose Bolton in Enhanced

The AI is stupid and the Boltons will die in 2 turns, and when they do their house and all their generals will be lost as well, whoch in my opinion is just a shame

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Yeah, the idea of playable Boltons seemed quite strange to me but then I read Soul's descriptions, and now I think it'a a nice idea.
    Nameday feast and all that is a good and convincing story IMO ;p

Edit: Uri , your idea seems logic too.Well, the king and his hand must decide... ;D
    Last edited by Deska140; May 05, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

I don't have much modding skill, but I'm looking for something new to try out and this is the best prospect, anything I can do to help?

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

You've all seen my quick draft of lore i have made for The North during the time, it gives reason and motive for Bolton to strike at Stark in the window opened by the young princes name-day. Little is known about the events in The North during the time of Aegons Landing but i believe i can do the lore justice, even more so when i work more on the story behind it. It seems a shame to me to utterly remove House Bolton when there could be a hole story behind it adding more flavor to the mod as a hole, Bolton will start off as Starks ally leaving the choice of betrayal up to the player. (It should be very fun to play as, giving you the chance to reshape The Norths history)

But this Bolton/Yronwood thing was something me and Soul have been arguing about for a long time, I say NO while he keeps saying yes, we agreed to disagree
    I would not call it arguing, but i have agreed with Uri that if after playtesting Bolton/Yronwood prove to be better off without their own faction we will simply make him join their overlords.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 05, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Guti00's Avatar Libertus

Please , you don't remove the Bolton and Yronwood factions.
    if you do this, the game would can be boring, in my opinion.
    Good job you're doing

Soul do you have any ideas for setting up a scenario where the hypothetical Bolton player decides to stay and support the Starks? It would be fun to have the Boltons in if they were presented with a meaningful choice. Turning against the Starks and trying to grab what they can while supporting the Targaryens is one option, and maybe joining with the Starks against the Targaryens could give the North the edge it needs to resist?

Eoghan Wolfkin's Avatar Civis

Lorewise, the Bolton rebellion could explain why Torrhen took so long to respond to Aegon's invasion.

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Bolton View Post
    Soul do you have any ideas for setting up a scenario where the hypothetical Bolton player decides to stay and support the Starks? It would be fun to have the Boltons in if they were presented with a meaningful choice. Turning against the Starks and trying to grab what they can while supporting the Targaryens is one option, and maybe joining with the Starks against the Targaryens could give the North the edge it needs to resist?
    I'm still tweaking the story a lot but there will be a choice for Bolton players at the start as they begin in an alliance with Stark. They can...
    1) Strike, hard and fast while King Torrhen is busy.
    2) Remain loyal and join the Starks against the Ironborn. (The majority of the Stark military has been given orders to hold The Neck against King Harren)

Bolton has a daughter, and Stark has a son... (Maybe a little romeo and juliet side-story is in order?)

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Eoghan made a good point, It could also explain why Torrhen bended a knee.
    The North simply lost too much men in the civil war ! ;p
    Next massacre would be destructive.

And the romeo and julia - sure, the lore is really silent about that kind of details in the North.

And then that son could claim himself King in the North over his father and father-in-law!!!!!!

Haha joking, but maybe some kind of script in the beginning? Not sure how deep you want to get into this choice, but maybe Bolton could have a half or 3/4 stack somewhere and decide to turn it over to Stark control to hold the Neck and remain in the alliance, or keep it under own control and have the alliance broken to reflect a lack of support but not yet in open war?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Bolton View Post
    And then that son could claim himself King in the North over his father and father-in-law!!!!!!

Haha joking, but maybe some kind of script in the beginning? Not sure how deep you want to get into this choice, but maybe Bolton could have a half or 3/4 stack somewhere and decide to turn it over to Stark control to hold the Neck and remain in the alliance, or keep it under own control and have the alliance broken to reflect a lack of support but not yet in open war?
    that is easier said then done... I think a good idea Sould and Uri could use is for example, Harren the black is defeated in battle, The Lord of Riverrun would rise up with most of the riverlands with him and be at war with Harren and allies with the Targs hence promoting Tully as the Paramount of the Riverlands.

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Knight Of The Rivers View Post
    that is easier said then done... I think a good idea Soul and Uri could use is for example, Harren the black is defeated in battle, The Lord of Riverrun would rise up with most of the riverlands with him and be at war with Harren and allies with the Targs hence promoting Tully as the Paramount of the Riverlands.
    I'm already working on a script that spawns Lord Edmyn Tully under the Targaryen banner if Harrenhal is taken.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Shame about lack of dragons, but I understand. In a playthrough of the GoT crusader kings ii mod, my Harren the Black managed to slay a dragon in combat, talk about total bamf.

I can't wait to play as that chap in this mod and sacrifice some Targaryens to the Drowned God!

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

What is there to know? Derka derka, muhammed jihad? No but seriously what has it come to when hebrews have to/want to learn the tounge of their foes?

And to more serious matters, I have not yet given my opinion of this submod so here it goes! Awesome! I figure it is just putting different thing from other submods togeather and then burn them all...?

Good Luck guys!!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    What is there to know? Derka derka, muhammed jihad? No but seriously what has it come to when hebrews have to/want to learn the tounge of their foes?

And to more serious matters, I have not yet given my opinion of this submod so here it goes! Awesome! I figure it is just putting different thing from other submods togeather and then burn them all...?

Good Luck guys!!
    Lol, there are many Arabs here in Israel and they speak Arabic, so in order to communicate with them it is needed . I have no problem with Arabs, I personally think that there are definetly some insane ones but mostly they are good people and we need to learn how to get along

Yeah, I am actually working on some more stuff as we speak for the Hoare faction. Embrace yourself, for that as long as the rep keeps being poured you will be gifted with lots and lots of previews!

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

I'll have to say Uriyaca, that your preview has made me eager to play as House Hoare. I don't like the Ironborn very much so it says a lot.
    Keep up the good work !

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

No Badger it has nothing to do with that, we didn't even ask
    You misunderstand, he was asking a general question as to why other modders do not use the assets of the GoT mod

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast