Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] War of Conquest

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills.

Looks awesome!
    The variables that I think should be taken into consideration for the dragon ancillaries are TroopMorale (Having a dragon in battle boosts the men's morale), HitPoints (with a huge dragon it's hard to get killed), LineOfSight (The Dragonrider can always fly high and see the surrounding area), MovementPoints (To represent the mobility of flying.), Unrest (Having a dragon in a city scares people), Attack (The advantage of a dragon.), SiegeAttack(No settlement can stand for long when facing dragonfire), LocalPopularity (famous for being a dragonrider), PersonalSecurity(A loyal dragon on your side can scare off all but the boldest of assassins), SiegeEngineering (Same as siege attack), Chivalry (on the - so it is dread actually. Men wet themselves just at the sight of a dragon. Facing one in battle? You would have to be mad or drunk. Or both.) Of course a balanced formula would be needed.

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    When will the new sub-mod?

You will make changes to the unit?

Please add the banners to the units?
    It's not really a new Sub-Mod so much as its a new Scenario based on the Rivers&Hills. It wont be released until it's fully polished.

The majority of the units remain the same, as most of the units have already been done by the skilled people on the original Rivers&Hills team. Prophet has been nice enough to help out with skinning House Targaryen when he's not busy, otherwise the majority of the units will be similar to Rivers&Hills, although i would love to add a special unit for the Targaryens if possible. I'll see what i can do about banners.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Here is a little treat for those of you who still want to play this mod although there are no dragons

I hereby present, Harren the Black! (no rep means no release )

(there are a lot more traits when you scroll down, but I was just too lazy to take all those pics . So you can check the codelines for the traits if you want
    Factionleader 1 , HarrenBio 1 , GoodCommander 3 , Energetic 2 , GoodSiegeDefender 2 , Berserker 1 , Authoritarian 3 , Unjust 2 , HarshJustice 2 , GoodBuilder 3 , Anger 2 , Genocide 1 , NightBattleCapable 1 , BattleDread 4 , StrategyDread 5 , DreadLegacy 2 , HarshRuler 1 , Bloodthirsty 1
    Last edited by Uriyaca; May 04, 2013 at 11:27 AM.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

I'd suggest removing the last few lines of the Harrenhal description, seeing as those events haven't happened yet :-)

Also, the Nightbattlecapable trait is not neccessary for characters who have a 'base' command of 5+ stars. They get it automatically. Not harm though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You are right on the Nighbattlecapable trait, tho the problem with it is that if I don't add it Harren doesn't have it on turn 1. So better put it anyway, really doesn't matter

In the bio I told his stroy, not related to the time of the submod. Just so the player can get a basic info on the character and who he is. I'll change it tho, tommorow

*cough rep cough*

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Nice !!!

Content Staff Citizen

Indeed Uriyaca as Badger said, remove the last part as it has not happened yet. (I'll tell him via Steam as i type this)

Otherwise looking good. Hopefully i'll get the Riverlord script working soon and we can show that off.

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    You are right on the Nighbattlecapable trait, tho the problem with it is that if I don't add it Harren doesn't have it on turn 1. So better put it anyway, really doesn't matter

In the bio I told his stroy, not related to the time of the submod. Just so the player can get a basic info on the character and who he is. I'll change it tho, tommorow

*cough rep cough*
    Is Harren a 'natural' +5 commander? If so, he should have it on turn 1...

Otherwise, I need to go through FIre and Blood and add a load of extra traits in. I am pretty certain that it isn't needed.

Oh, and I will + Rep you if I get some rep for Fire and Blood... Nobody ever reps me :-D

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hey, I'm 100% confident I've repped your OP. check it if you want

Lol no-one reps you unless you tell them to rep

Well, I'm not really sure about the Night Fighter thing, but it doesn't hurt putting it anyway

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    *cough rep cough*
    I second this notion, rep us or no more pre-views!

Rep badger also, he's so lonely over at Fire&Blood... (I think its all the CTDs that's done it, haha)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I second this notion, rep us or no more pre-views!

Rep badger also, he's so lonely over at Fire&Blood... (I think its all the CTDs that's done it, haha)
    Nah, people never repped even without the CTDs :-p

No CTDs in this version though.

I hope to the seven that your submod doesn't have the kinda problems mine did!

WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!
    I may not be a modder but agree with your way of doing the dragons, the boosts will balance the lack of a unit. Not to mention you guys are making what looks to be a great mod - bit of a pisstake to ask you to make a thankless unit, i mean lets face it people will moan no matter how you make them.
    Again well done.
    btw, why do no modders seem to seem to use the enhanced game of throne look map, it has a great Winterfell, Storm's End ect

THANK YOU !!! (in advance )

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon VI View Post
    WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!
    I may not be a modder but agree with your way of doing the dragons, the boosts will balance the lack of a unit. Not to mention you guys are making what looks to be a great mod - bit of a pisstake to ask you to make a thankless unit, i mean lets face it people will moan no matter how you make them.
    Again well done.
    btw, why do no modders seem to seem to use the enhanced game of throne look map, it has a great Winterfell, Storm's End ect

Because Inarus doesn't give people permission :-D

I did ask a while back, cannot remember the answer...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon VI View Post
    WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!
    Again well done.

No Badger it has nothing to do with that, we didn't even ask

We chose KORAH becuase it is so similiar to WOC. Very little modding needs to be done

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

First of all, thank you for all of those who repped me

Second of all, I tweaked Harren a bit. Like requested by Soul and Badger, changed the description for Harren- and also removed 20k from him to show how he beggared the Riverlands and the Iron Islands. At first it will be hard for the Ironborn player to recover from its financial debt, but after some raiding and possibly taking the Westerlands, he can bounce back up

Pics-

Enjoy . More Hoare previews will be shown soon!
    Last edited by Uriyaca; May 05, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Content Staff Citizen

Nice thinking with the debt mate, will have to play-test it for balance and see how it plays but i think its a nice little extra for Hoare. (He did after-all use everything within his grasp to build his little dream home) For the record guys, uriyaca is officially working on House Hoare and i think he wants to take up Durrendon afterwards if i recall correctly, i'll be sure to post everything on the first page once he is finished with the faction.

I'm working on Stark, Bolton and Targaryen currently so by the time he is finished with Hoare we should have a fair amount to show you all.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

So, will House Bolton be a separate faction ?

If so, what story are you preparing for them, Soul ? ;p

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Deska140 View Post
    So, will House Bolton be a separate faction. If so, what story are you preparing for them, Soul ? ;p
    The fate of House Bolton & Yronwood as separate factions will depend on how well they play during testing. Here is the story i have made for The North... (It's just a basic draft right now)

STARK: King Torrhen Stark has invited his closest friends to his only sons 18th name-day at Winterfell where a great feast is bring held in honor of the young prince. Lord Karstark and his son have arrived alongside Lord Umber while Lord Manderly arrived only moments before, during the feast Torrhen plans to announce the contents of a letter that arrived at Winterfell not long ago from a new king in the south with demands to bend the knee or be destroyed, empty threats from southern fools no doubt but noteworthy news despite this. During the feast, Brandon Snow (torrhens bastard haft-brother) points out the absence of Lord Bolton and once again raises his concerns over Boltons recent actions. "The Boltons are treasonous whores brother, i know they plan something in the shadow of their dreadfort" Torrhen's farther always told him "never trust a bolton" and Brandons spys have proven useful in the past, but would Lord Bolton truly be so foolish?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

BOLTON: Lord Bolton sits at The Dreadfort planning his next move. His absence at the wolf pups feast will no doubt go noticed, but it is no longer of concern as it's almost time to strike. With both Lord Karstark and Umber away at Winterfell their lands are ripe for the taking, even the blind fool Manderly has left White Harbor to join the feast. Boltons son has taken a token force towards Rams Gate and will march on White Harbor while his farther moves on Karhold and Last Hearth. With the majority of the Northern military guarding The Neck, the Starks will never know what hit them... and the true King in The North will rise!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nice Soul . But this Bolton/Yronwood thing was something me and Soul have been arguing about for a long time, I say NO while he keeps saying yes, we agreed to disagree

We are making them as a different faction now, but we agreed that after playtesting, if they are not working well then we will just join them with their overlords (Martell, Stark)

As the hand of the king, my voice matters but I am not the one who makes the calls

Well uricaya as the lowborn people of westeros say "the king eats and the hand takes the *******"

But in my opinion i agree with soul it will give a more enjoyable playing experience in the north and in dorne with them being so far away from the crownlands and somewhat detached from other factions

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast