Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] War of Conquest

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills.

Perhaps the Non-Targaryen factions could have a maester unit that could kill the dragon ancillaries? Like an assassin, but specializing in poisoning dragons...

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    what about the ancillaries being transferable?
    I should easily be able to make a trigger that will allow the ancillaries to pass down to the characters first-born son etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousAndroid42 View Post
    Is it within the realm of your abilities to apply the unique Rhaegar model from KORAH to Aegon and his sisters?
    Aegon already has the battle_model from KORAH. (All credit for it goes the highly skilled person that made it)

Aegon's Battle Model
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Ori View Post
    I am dissappointed that dragons aren't included, but if it would take extra weeks just to iron out some buggy dragons I'd rather not have them. Maybe a sub-sub mod for them would fit once this is completed.
    It would take months, and because this is Total War, not a fantasy game, they would always be buggy and look utterly horrible. If somebody wants to destroy the mod with an out of place unstoppable dragon, that's their business.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

I think dragons as ancs is an excellent work-around, good thinking Soul!

With the stats, the only thing I'll say is you need to get the stats balancing right. Targaryen armies shouldn't be invincible. IMO you should lower the stats slightly of the dragons, give the Targs a good core of elite troops, and make it hard for them to build up large armies. This way you're always going to be outnumbered, but not outgunned, which is more in line with the lore.

Good luck! I'll rep when I can (I'm on 24 hour rep lock down )
    Last edited by Murfmurf; May 03, 2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Because I missed out words :(

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Good luck with your work Soul !.
    I can live with dragons as ancillaries since this is the ONLY submod about War of Conquest.
    We shall see how this works when we have a playable version.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cheers! our very own thread

lol, wrote something but Soul asked me to delete it
    Last edited by Uriyaca; May 03, 2013 at 11:33 AM.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

It is your idea guys so keep polishing it. People will have right to judge you after the release ;p
    Good Luck!

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

I'd say your best bet for a dragon model is the Sundering team, perhaps PM Kolwen?

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Cheers! our very own thread
    For the record, uriyaca is helping me out with the descr_strat editing. Two minds better than one etc.

If anyone, preferably with experiance, feels they can help out do feel free to speak up. Main goals right now are simple... Targaryen Skins, Scripts and an endless amount of Text Editing, also a metric ton of minor nuggets.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 03, 2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Added Targaryen to make it clear.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Well, you should port skins from KoRaH, right?
    You should ask Dux now to save time in the future.
    I thought this was sub campaign for KoRaH though...

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Deska140 View Post
    Well, you should port skins from KoRaH, right?
    You should ask Dux now to save time in the future.
    I thought this was sub campaign for KoRaH though...
    I was referring to the Targaryen skins that still need to be implemented, the other factions remain fully skinned.

This looks like it will be awesome, where does that Rhaegar model come from in KoRaH?

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Bolton View Post
    This looks like it will be awesome, where does that Rhaegar model come from in KoRaH?
    It's in use at Dragonstone for the rebel general (KoRaH). I wanted to use it here for Aegon because it seemed a shame not to, being such a nice model.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Damn, if I had known about that model, I would have used it for Victarion a long time ago :-D

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Why Victarion?

Does anyone know how much troop morale effects AR. If Aegon and his sisters are undefeatable in AR then the AI will scorch any non player around it. That is if the stupid AI actually uses the generals for battle and not as governors

Pun unintended but totally not regreted.
    Last edited by The Forgotten; May 03, 2013 at 05:03 PM.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Surely you mean Viserys right?

megells's Avatar Civis

Good luck man I can help out with text editing and other general modding things

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    Does anyone know how much troop morale effects AR. If Aegon and his sisters are undefeatable in AR then the AI will scorch any non player around it.
    I can assure you everything will be fully tested before the public release, so there is no need to worry about it.

Great idea!

Crociato78's Avatar Campidoctor

When will the new sub-mod?

You will make changes to the unit?

Please add the banners to the units?

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Yes, when will the new sub mod?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast