Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] War of Conquest

Guti00's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills. (Developer Diary #2 - Page 9)

Quote Originally Posted by the duke dude View Post
    In my opinion, you should give Targaryens Dragonstone and King's Landing as their only starting settlements, have them start with three stacks, allowing the player to conquer the crownlands, as opposed to starting with them already. Nice work though.
    And Driftmark don't exist for you? haha
    The problem with that is the negative economic balance that would result, in my opinion

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills. (Developer Diary #2 - Page 9)

Quote Originally Posted by the duke dude View Post
    you should give Targaryens Dragonstone and King's Landing as their only starting settlements, have them start with three stacks

If i gave them two locations and three stacks, while the player would use their brain and quickly take locations, the AI would no doubt go into debt and remain their due to it take an age to take the correct locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Guti00 View Post
    And Driftmark don't exist for you? The problem with that is the negative economic balance that would result, in my opinion
    Driftmark dose exist. Lord Daemon Velaryon during the time was the Master of Ships. Daemon was a relative of Velena Velaryon, Aegon the Conqueror's mother. As to the negative economy, your very much correct.

Guti00's Avatar Libertus

I'll die from terrible suffering after what I said

It seems house Targeryen is a bit over powered three stacks of heavy/medium troops. Was it not always described as them having mainly militia? and a lack of troops? It is difficult since there dragons were what won the war for them.

Also perhaps you should move the bolton half stack of kyle and flint towards white harbour at the start, flying under a sort of trojan horse towards the wedding then having the chance to strike white harbour? Else by the time they get there they will be greatly outnumbered and surrounded. Also Greyjoy troops in the north Perhaps even arryn at war with the starks for raiding purposes?

Just a few suggestions, good work chaps!

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is there going to be events such as if Orys captures Storm's End or Aegon or one of his sisters with a dragon ancillary are moved in to the eyrie region then the vale men offer peace?

Content Staff Citizen

I'm rather new to scripts but i have a lot of ideas that if possible should be rather cool, here's a few examples...

1) Script that renames Aegon's Hill into King's Landing after a set amount of population is met.
    2) Script that pops up once Oldtown is taken, with The High Septon anointing you and acknowledging your place as King of Westeros.
    3) Lord Edmyn Tully spawning under the Targaryen banner with a small army after a set number of turns, or once Harrenhal is under siege.
    4) Iron Throne script that sets off once your the true King of Westeros and all the petty kings have bent the knee or been destroyed.
    +More. (I may need to recruit somebody that know's what they are doing on this front, or eventually learn myself)

I think Hotseats will play best for this project. Players do so much that the AI can not, joining up against Aegon for example or bending the knee near the end rather than being destroyed. There will be a lot of testing for balance as i don't want Aegon to be too powerful yet he also cant be a pushover. I'm thinking about doing a private beta for testing once the project is playable.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; August 13, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

You may already have scripts but this is for renaming Aegon's Landing and another for Edmyn Tully spawning when harrenhal falls... For the Aegon's Landing script you will need to allow castles to convert to cities or have AK a town to begin with...;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Darry_Keep = spain
    spawn_army
    faction spain
    character Edmyn Tully, named character, age 23, x 81, y 101
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1, HouseTullyMember 1
    unit SE Bodyguard exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    console_command give_ancillary "Edmyn Tully" septon
    console_command give_ancillary "Edmyn Tully" riverrun
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

monitor_event SettlementUpgraded SettlementName Aegons_Landing
    and SettlementBuildingExists = stone_wall
    change_settlement_name Aegons_Landing Aegons_Landing_second_name
    end_monitor

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

and you will need to add in {Aegons_Landing_second_name}King's Landing into extended.txt

Almost forgot, although I am almost certain you know.... just add more troops underneath SE Bodyguard and change traits and such..... It was just there so I knew that it had worked....

sorry for all these posts but I thought I had better before someone else intervened...;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Darry_Keep = spain
    historic_event crowning
    give_everything_to_faction milan spain true
    end_monitor

just remember to change the settlements, factions at will..... add into historic_events {CROWNING_BODY}The High Septon of Oldtown has acknowledged King Aegon's claim to the throne of all of Westeros, having conversed with the Seven for many days...\n\nAegon's conquest is nearer completion.
    {CROWNING_TITLE}A New King Is Crowned.......... Or whatever you would like!

Content Staff Citizen

Thanks. I'll get around to testing those out later, or one of my team will. I'm currently just trying to get all my teams work together so we can finish up the remaining factions.

Plz remember because I was lazy... to change not only the factions, but also the settlements (certain you know that) and for the Aegon's Landing script to work u will need to allow the conversion from castle to town. BTW I tested the scripts on KoRaH Stormkings and they worked fine........The spawn army was a pain to get right because I am very new to even simple modding.......ur vids getting me in to modding btw, at least simple changes.

Content Staff Citizen

The Riverlords Rebellion

If House Targaryen takes Harrenhal the following Riverlords will rise up in rebellion under the Targaryen Banner.

The final version will have a pop-up event that describes the Riverlords Rebellion in detail.
    Example Below...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills. (The Riverlords Rebellion - Page 10)

Looking gr8 guys

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills. (The Riverlords Rebellion - Page 10)

Nice preview soul hope to see more soon keep up the great work
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

TheGreatBastard's Avatar Content Staff

Looking good boys

Content Staff Citizen

Martell & Yronwood Preview
    (The Dornish War of Succession)

Mariya Martell, Princess of Dorne, a blind, balding woman of 80. Known as the Yellow Toad sits upon the Sunspear Throne. She has ruled all her life, putting down many a petty rebellion among her vassals but nothing that compares to the war that now rages in the land. She has two children and the eldest is Elia Martell who is married to Lord Arthur Yronwood, he has crowned Elia as Queen of Dorne claiming she is the rightful heir to Sunspear and they have both named their sons as Princes and Heirs of Dorne. The second child is Mors Martell who is also said to be the rightful heir to Sunspear, he has claimed that Elia is no longer a Martell but a Yronwood pretender hungry for what is rightfully House Martells, he will not allow his sister to sit a Yronwood upon the throne and as Elia has named her sons Anders and Arron Yronwood as her Heirs, this is just what will happen should she win the war. Lord Yronwood has married his eldest son to the daughter of Edric Dayne , The Sword of Morning and has in turn gained the aid of Starfall it's troops and the Sword of Morning himself as a commander on the field.

House Martell

House Yronwood

There is a lot of play-testing to do for Martell & Yronwood.
    Yronwood is rather outnumbered compared to Martell, not forgetting the very real threat of Gardener to the northern borders so it will need quite a bit of testing to balance correctly.
    I'll leave this by saying that work is almost complete, the project is almost playable and may soon be ready for a Public Beta release.
    Edit: Uri has pointed out correctly that House Fowler would never join Yronwood. I shall move Gargalen or Uller, most likely Gargalen, over to Yronwood and Fowler over to Martell.

Last edited by SoulGamesInc; August 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM.

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills. (Martell & Yronwood Preview - Page 10)

Wow you really are churning it out....Great work! Don't think anyone can wait!

TheGreatBastard's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: [Submod] War of Conquest. An extension to the King of Rivers&Hills. (Martell & Yronwood Preview - Page 10)

Please Soul release the beta soon I must remind the Targaryen Pretenders that winter is coming and that westeros belongs to the old gods

Guti00's Avatar Libertus

I want to show the targaryen that not all metals (iron) can be melt down with dragon fire.

Looking good mate can not wait for you to finish the mod so I can get stuck into it.
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast